Facebook Pages will make you look professional today. They are a must for any business today. Have you ever researched a company on Facebook itself to find out they don’t have a Facebook page?
How did that make you feel about that company? Did you wonder “why haven’t they invested a little time or money to have a professional page on Facebook?”
Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional & More!
Facebook is where people spend an average of an hour per day on their network. There are 2.89 billion daily active users (as of Q2, 2021.) That’s a LOT of active users and time spent on Facebook. It’s where your business needs to be today!
What Are Facebook Pages?
Every day I meet with clients that do not understand the difference between a Facebook page vs. their personal Facebook profile. Many realtors promote their business via their personal Facebook profiles and not with Facebook Pages.
But remember, Facebook Pages are for businesses, brands, and organizations to share their stories and connect with people. They are used differently than a personal Facebook profile.
You can not friend a Facebook page. You must like a Facebook page. Liking a page doesn’t guarantee you’ll see every post that page puts out.
When a user LIKES a Facebook Page, they can start seeing updates from that Page in their news feed. When someone likes or comments on a Page post, that activity may be shared with their friends, increasing the Page’s exposure and reach. (at no cost.)
Violating the Code on Facebook?
Many real estate agents have Facebook business profiles that note their role as real estate professionals and the company they work for. That generally satisfies the requirement of Article 12, Standard of Practice 12-5, that REALTORS® must clearly identify themselves and their company when advertising online.
But your personal Facebook profile may not include such details, and if you post listings or other advertorial material on that page, you could be violating the Code.
Lastly, there have been rumors that Facebook will be cracking down on this as many social media sharing tools no longer allow sharing content on your personal Facebook page. (This came about when HUD sued Facebook earlier this year.)
You must have a business Facebook page to use these tools, such as Buffer, Agorapulse, Hootsuite, etc. Facebook could ban you from using Facebook if they start to enforce this rule.
Facebook Algorithm Changes
Many people who had Facebook pages years ago got tired of not generating any results. Back then, the only way to see any type of results was to do Facebook ads.
The Facebook algorithm worked better on personal Facebook profiles. Today, that is all changed. (And stay tuned, as it changes quickly!)
Now, even with your personal profile, not everyone can see your Facebook posts. You will see posts from people that interact and engage with you. If you have friends that never engage on Facebook you will not see their posts unless you make it a point to search for them.
Sadly, the Facebook list feature is gone. That was an easy and quick way to see who was doing what on Facebook. I hope they do bring it back! If you need more ideas do check out Katie Lance as she has a few ways to deal with this recent Facebook change.
Lastly, the same goes for Facebook pages. As a page, you can engage with other pages and like their pages. This helps to spread your Facebook page’s reach and engagement level. The more people see your Facebook page the more branding opportunity you have!Now, even with your personal profile not everyone can see your Facebook posts. #facebookalgorithm Click To Tweet
5 Reasons Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional
- Perception – People search for people, places, and businesses right on Facebook now. If they see your business has a well-thought-out Facebook page, they will presume you are a professional.
- Mobile – Many people access Facebook now via their mobile devices. More Facebook users are viewing from their mobile device today vs. desktop or tablet. Therefore, with a Facebook page, you can be easily called, emailed, or found on a map instantly! Having easy access to a business makes your business appear more professional.
- Authority – A Facebook Page with activity and likes will give the perception again that you are an authority in your niche. It shows you have a community and a brand that people like and engage with.
- Keeps You Current – A Facebook Page can keep your business looking current. You can post your recent events, projects, etc. This method keeps your brand current in your niche and to your potential clients.
- Brand Recognition – When you have a Facebook Page with your website it gives your brand more recognition. People will begin to recognize your logo, your name, etc.
What Else Can A Facebook Page Do For YOUR Business?
- Search Engine Optimization Benefit – A Facebook Page is indexed well on Google and gives your website an added SEO benefit. My own business Facebook Page comes up #3 in search under Inspire to Thrive. (Notice, all the orange stars too for ratings!) If you do have a Facebook Page check out yours in Google search. Big Tip – Make sure you verify your Facebook page. So many businesses do not! You may find this in your Facebook page settings area. (It disappeared for new pages now!)
- Insights – Only a Facebook Page comes with Insights. These insights will give you a better understanding of what your customers like about your page posts or not. This will help you post better content for your readers in the future and when the best time and day to post is.
- Response Rate – If you respond fast to Facebook page inquires it gives your response rate to people that message you via Facebook. A great referral if you respond quickly to inquiries. I love using a Pages App on my mobile to respond quickly for Facebook pages.
- Offers – You can now create offers right from your page. This is a paid Facebook service. When people click on your offer, they can either go to your website to start shopping or read more details about your offer. Your offer will also be saved to people’s Offers bookmark in case they want to use it later. They’ll get Facebook notifications about your offer before it expires. Of course you can target offers to a specific demographic too.
- Generate Leads – You can generate leads from your Facebook Page. You can advertise your Facebook Page to generate leads and promote offers. There are countless ways you can advertise via Facebook today.
Boosted Facebook Posts for Facebook Pages
Years ago, I would have told you not to use boosted posts. But, today they have come a long way. I highly recommend you use them. They offer so much more now.
You can boost your post to people who like your page and their friends. You could choose a look-alike audience of your own audience to really extend your reach.
Once you do this, their friends may like your post. Then, Facebook will let you know they liked your post but not your page and ask you if you want to invite them. Boosting your Facebook posts is a great way to expand your reach and your page likes for little money!
Click here if you want to see how to get your Facebook posts boosted quickly. There is also a tip on how to edit a post after you have boosted it. You can surely learn from my mistakes here!Boosting your Facebook posts is a great way to expand your reach and your page likes for little money! #facebookads Click To Tweet
Do Not Sell Every Time On Your Facebook Page
Always remember this: On social media people do not want to be sold to. They don’t get paid to watch ads. They want to be entertained and to be social with others. It’s the old 80/20 rule that should be applied.
Therefore, only use your sales pitches 20% of the time on social media. If you must use a sales pitch on social media do it in a subtle way. Show the benefits of your product or service and what’s in it for your fans.
One of my favorite retail Facebook pages is Origins. They offer skincare and a cosmetic line. Even as a major retailer they don’t push their promotions on every post. Notice, they often do Facebook ads for that.
They have over 1.9 million Facebook fans. Sometimes it’s good to see what a major company is doing with its Facebook page. Origins often share the benefits of their products without links, etc. Just the benefits!
Please do not push your products or services on your followers. That is one of the quickest ways to lose followers as well as posting too often to your Facebook page.
Tip For Your Making Facebook Pages To Make You Look More Professional
Let your customers know they can adjust their Facebook feed to see your page’s posts first. I would offer this tip on your Facebook page each month if you are getting new people to like your page so they may adjust their settings.
It’s under the following tab as shown below:
Do You Think Facebook Pages Will Make You Look, Professional?
Do you have a Facebook Page for your business? How are you using it?
If you do not have one yet, why not?
I’d love to know more about your Facebook Page in the comments below!
- 5 Practical Tips To Ramp Up Your E-commerce Storefront - June 24, 2022
- How to Choose a Professional SEO Firm for Your Business - June 23, 2022
- Detect Your Underperforming Content and Make It Sizzle - June 22, 2022