Digital Marketing Methods Today
Are you feeling like you’re digital marketing is lagging behind your competitors? Do you need to find some way of getting ahead?
Are you coming to grips with actionable, digital marketing but are not quite sure where to start?
It is very easy to feel like this as a small business owner. You do not have the manpower or the resources to hire a team of marketers who are on top of all of the latest tips when it comes to digital marketing strategies.
However, that does not mean that you can’t become a superpower all on your own and leap ahead of your competitors. Knowledge is a fantastic tool.
So, if you can spend some time brushing up and finding out the latest tricks, you can pick up your digital tools and use them against your competitors.Are you coming to grips with actionable, digital marketing but are not quite sure where to start? #digitalmarketing Click To Tweet
Here, I look at some of the best digital marketing methods to help you get ahead of your competitors.
Don’t Try to Do Too Much at Once on Digital Marketing
It can be tempting to go all-in and try and do everything. After all, you are trying to reach as many people as possible, right? So, you have set up pay-per-click (PPC) ads on Google.
Then, you have profiles on all of the social media platforms. Next, you have started working on your search engine optimization, creating content and are in the process of setting up an email newsletter.
You are also exhausted and spreading your efforts too thinly.
Rather than trying to do everything, choose one or two at a time to concentrate on. This way, not only will you not burn yourself out, but you will have a better idea of what is working and what isn’t.
Consistency is what you are aiming for with your digital marketing methods.It can be tempting to go all-in and try and do everything. After all, you are trying to reach as many people as possible, right? #digitalmarketing Click To Tweet
Find Your Spot on Social Media for Your Digital Marketing Methods
Social media isn’t going anywhere; that’s for sure. In 2019, 79% of American adults had a presence on at least one social media platform, so if you are not active on there, you are going to fall flat.
However, going from nowhere to being everywhere is equally ineffective.
You need to spend some time thinking about your target demographic, and which social media network they are likely to be more present on, and aim for there, to begin with.However, going from nowhere to being everywhere is equally ineffective. #socialmedia Click To Tweet
To help you pick out your social media channel:
- 83% of online women, 75% of online men.
- 75% of users spend a minimum of 20 minutes a day on there. Usage has been dropping over the past 2 years.
- Facebook has the highest income demographic of all the social networks.
- 22% of online men, 15% of online women.
- Users spend an average of 3.7 minutes on the Twitter app a day. This time has increased since the Covid-19 began in March of 2020.
- Twitter is known for tracking news and this year 1 million new users started on Twitter. But there is also an exodus happening there with censorship at the same time.
- Others are finding their Twitter accounts suspended, some temporary or permanently.
- 38% of online women, 26% of online men
- 90% are under age 35.
- 53% of Instagram users follow brands.
- Users are spending 30 minutes a day on this social network. Instagram users are spending more time this year than ever before on this visual social network.
- This network is considered by many the “happier” social network today.
- 71% of users are female and 29% are men.
- In 2020 Pinterest gained 70 million active pinners. Many with many staying home and others with more time on the hands they began pinning away.
- Home decor and cooking are huge categories on this female-dominated social media network.
- Users can make purchases right from pins today. 10% of users make over 125K per year on this social network.
- 78% of internet users aged 18-24 use Snapchat.
- 90% of these users are 13-24 years old.
- Roughly 61% of Snapchat users are female and 38% are male.
- Time on this network averages out to 28 minutes per day.
- Tik Tok is one of the newer social networks founded in 2016 and consists of video formats.
- 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24.
- 56% of TikTok users are male and 44% are female.
- Users are spending as much as 52 minutes a day on this app.
The newest social media network that claims it does not censor and has many conservative people leaving Twitter to go to this newer network.
Recently millions of people fled to Parler from Twitter. Parler has over 10 million users as of November 2020. It will be interesting to see if this new site gains more traction.
Download Parler Social Media!
Free speech and expression.
We will never sell or share your data!
— Parler (@parler_app) February 7, 2020
People between the ages of 55 and 64 are more than twice as likely to engage with a brand’s content on all social media today.
Don’t bother wasting your time and efforts on a social media platform if your audience simply isn’t there.People between the ages of 55 and 64 are more than twice as likely to engage with a brand’s content on all social media today. #socialmediamarketing Click To Tweet
In the grand scheme of digital marketing, influencer marketing is one of the newer strategies.
However, it can be one of the most powerful.
Instead of directly marketing to your target audience, you pay or inspire influential people in your niche to spread the word about you and your brand.
Your Thoughts on Digital Marketing
What digital marketing methods are you using today? Have you left any of them behind in 2020?
I’d love to know more in the comments below!
*Many of the social media stats in this blog post are from the Omnicore Agency.
- BuyEssayFriend.com: The Best Option to Buy Essays Now - January 22, 2022
- Best Business Investments for a Brighter Future - January 21, 2022
- Small Business Ideas From Home To Inspire You To Thrive - January 19, 2022