What happens in a Twitter minute and what is Twitter coming out with next?
Have you thought about what happens in a Twitter minute and why not all of your tweets are seen by your followers? It is amazing to see these Twitter stats below of what really happens in just one Twitter minute. In just 60 seconds these 12 things are quite astonishing. I was most amazed at how many new users sign up in one minute alone! If you are not yet on Vine you may want to check out the stats on videos from Vine being tweeted in just one minute.
Twitter Drives Traffic too!
The other very interesting tidbit that comes from these stats is how many website views in just a Twitter minute come right from Twitter alone. Getting unique visits from Twitter is why Twitter a must if you have a website or blog. It really can drive some traffic to your site.
Twitter and Search
Everyone thinks search is all Google but Google has 2 million searches per minute and Twitter is close behind with 1.4 million per a Twitter minute. That’s a lot of searching going on via Twitter alone!
Check out the 12 stats on a Twitter Minute on this infographic. I’d love to know which surprise you the most in the comments below!
What Is Twitter Doing New Next?
You may have read about some upcoming changes Twitter is working on in the coming months:
Here are some insights into product improvements we’re bringing to Twitter in the coming months: https://t.co/Svds9V8UBW
— Twitter (@twitter) November 12, 2014
- Native Video – Twitter will be coming out with native video. You will be able to shoot and share video directly on Twitter in the coming year.
- Relevant Tweets – Twitter is experimenting with sharing relevant tweets in your timeline, even if you don’t follow the users.
- Instant and Personalized Timelines for New Users – This is another new thing Twitter is testing out for the new year. It may be a great way for new users to get used of the Twitter interface a little quicker. So many people I’ve talked to over the years don’t get Twitter – which is why I’ve published an ebook for Twitter Users to learn to use it more proficiently.
- Ability to Share Tweets Privately via Direct Messages – This one does not sound so new to me as you can use DM’s (direct messages) now on Twitter. Too many users take advantage of these and spam a lot via messages. I sure hope Twitter finds a way to clean them up! Did you know you can now share URLS via DM’s? That is new. Just beware of those nasty spammers.
Twitter claims they will be listening to our feedback so don’t be afraid to tweet them about any of these proposed changes. After all we are it’s users!
Which new Twitter update do you like the most and like the least?
Coffee mug image by WebdesignerDepot.com. and clock via courtesy of Salvatore Vuono at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Infographic courtesy of http://www.whoishostingthis.
- How to Use Google My Business To Grow Your Small Business - May 27, 2022
- How Tools To Manage Social Media Enhance Your Social Media - May 26, 2022
- SEO For Lawn Care: How To Improve Your Business Ranking On Google - May 23, 2022