Have you thought about what happens in a Twitter minute and why not all of your tweets are seen by your followers? It is amazing to see these Twitter stats below of what really happens in just one minute. In just 60 seconds these 12 things are quite astonishing. I was most amazed at how many new users signed up in one minute alone!
Twitter Drives Traffic too!
The other very interesting tidbit that comes from these stats is how many websites views in a 60-second period come right from Twitter alone. Getting unique visits from Twitter is why this social network is a must if you have a website or blog.
It really can drive some traffic to your site.
Search and Social
Everyone thinks the search is all Google but Google has 2 million searches per minute and Twitter is close behind with 1.4 million per Twitter minute. That’s a lot of searching going on via Twitter alone!
Check out the 12 stats below on this infographic. I’d love to know which surprise you the most in the comments below!
What Are They Doing New Next?
You may have read about some upcoming changes they are working on in the coming months:
Here are some insights into product improvements we’re bringing to Twitter in the coming months: https://t.co/Svds9V8UBW
— Twitter (@twitter) November 12, 2014
- Native Video – They will be coming out with native video. You will be able to shoot and share videos directly on their network in the coming year. Vine may be coming back under Elon Musk in 2023.
- Relevant Tweets – The platform has been experimenting with sharing relevant tweets in your timeline, even if you don’t follow the users.
- Instant and Personalized Timelines for New Users – This is another new thing they are testing out for the new year. It may be a great way for new users to get used to the interface a little quicker. So many people I’ve talked to over the years don’t get Twitter – which is why I’ve published an ebook for Twitter Users to learn to use it more proficiently.
- Ability to Share Tweets Privately via Direct Messages – This one does not sound so new to me as you can use DM’s (direct messages) now on their network. Too many users take advantage of these and spam a lot via messages. I sure hope it finds a way to clean them up! Did you know you can now share URLs via DM’s? That is new. Just beware of those nasty spammers.
Twitter claims they will be listening to our feedback so don’t be afraid to tweet them about any of these proposed changes. After all, we are its users!
Which new Twitter update do you like the most and like the least?
Infographic courtesy of http://www.whoishostingthis.
- Instagram Saves: How To Leverage IG Saves For Engagement - January 27, 2023
- All You Need To Know About How To Save Live Photos As Video - January 26, 2023
- Looking For Blog Examples To Inspire Your Blog To Thrive? - January 25, 2023