Bing Webmaster Tools – How They Differ From Google’s Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools For Different Finds
Do you check your Bing Webmaster tools? They offer some different insights on your website than Google does. It’s a great way to check if your site is coming up well on Bing, and the Yahoo networks. (They are the same now.) Bing and Yahoo account for almost 18% of all web traffic.
What Bing Webmaster Tools Can Do For You
- H1 Tags - Bing Webmaster Tools will let you know if you have missing your h1 tags on a page. This is an important one for SEO and the look of a page as well. I have not seen this guidance coming from Google webmaster tools, have you? I love this one! You can find it under their SEO reports section.
- HTML Size – Bing Webmaster tools lets you know if your page are too heavy. Your images could be too heavy or your scripts. Bing will let you know about it in their SEO reports section.
- Multiple Tags -If you have multiple tags on a page you will be informed too. Another no-no from the major search engines. You may have created your website years ago and did not realize you had multiple tags. Love seeing these and fixing them!
- Description - Every forget to put in a description in your head? Bing will remind you of that one too. You could have been so busy designing your new website that you forgot or started it before you know all the ins and outs of SEO.
- Sitemaps - Both Google and Bing webmaster tools will let you know if your sitemaps are updated or not. Bing seems to need them updated more often so do check in there at least monthly. You can set up an email notification from them when you need to update your sitemap. Nice! They even offer a beta plugin for this if you need.
- Keyword Research – Did you know you can do your keyword research right IN Bing webmaster tools? No need to go anywhere else. You can research globally or via country.
Bing Webmaster Tools Becomes Even More Important Today – Thanks to Ellen for This Post!
Sigh – We know this one was coming from Google but so soon? Bottom line – Google wants us to buy adwords. This move with keywords being encrypted will change SEO more than we’ve ever known before.
Sign up Today via Bing
Go to Bing Webmaster Tools to sign up today for your insights and tools. You have to get a code to put on your site or blog for tracking. Once it is verified you are ready to start analyzing. It will take time for Bing to crawl your site. You can submit your site and pages of your site to be crawled. I do that now for any new pages I may add to my websites. Notice you will get rewarded with a $50 credit for search advertising? Another Bing reward!
Other Webmaster Tool Tidbits
- Both tools allow you to set up URL parameters.
- Both webmaster tools offer link tools, they show you which sites are linking to you. They both allow you to export files into a spreadsheet so you can keep better track of them if you like.
- One thing Bing Webmaster Tools does not do is update quickly as Google does with there stats in the webmaster tools. Google updates daily and Bing takes longer sometimes weeks. I visit Bing monthly and Google more often, sometimes daily.
- Both these tools are FREE to use and offer so much information about your website or blog. Why not take advantage of the tools at hand?
Have you used Bing Webmaster tools for your website or blog recently?
Do you find it complicated and want another post on how to? If so let me know in the comments!
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO.
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Foursquare Becoming Swarm with Personalized Local Search - July 24, 2014
- 4 Tips to Decide What & How to Write Blog Posts - July 23, 2014
- When Lyme Gets in the Way of Blogging and Much More - July 18, 2014