Engagement Vs. Many Twitter Followers
Engagement rules on Twitter right? I’ve always said that and still believe it fully. But what if your tweet go re-tweeted by someone who had many Twitter followers? What would happen? I had seen it happen a few times and stored it in my memory, but when I saw it again yesterday I thought I would share the action that follows it for you. Of course I did a little more research since and found more examples to share with you below that you may really enjoy. (Note the re-shares.) These may get you so excited to pump up your Twitter action today, start getting many twitter followers and your tweets tweeted further info Twitterland.
Notice how fast 5 retweets came from Charity’s re-tweet? In a matter of seconds I saw 5 retweets appeared. I checked all the profiles and saw how many followers she had and realized what just happened. She had many Twitter followers!
“Engagement may rule on Twitter but having many Twitter followers can sure help.” This this!
Who Started The Chain Reaction With Re-Tweets?
When someone has 50,000 followers or more like Charity something happens. It becomes like a snowball in action. One tweet gets retweeeted and then another and another. Before you know it you have 5 retweets in no time flat. I am a big fan of engagement, don’t get me wrong! BUT if you have a small following with high engagement how will that tweet snowball into more? Unless you have that engagement with someone with a lot of followers it won’t reach all of Twitterland, not even a fraction of it. Having many followers does help achieve that but it takes time. There is no easy pass!
How To Simply Get Yourself (More) Many Twitter Followers
- Be Active on Twitter – Sounds so simple but it is not always the case for many people. Be sure to have a mobile app if you are on the go. Use tools like the Buffer, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck or other hundreds of tools out there to keep you connected.
- Follow Great People in Your Niche – Follow and re-tweet. Don’t be afraid to engage with them. If they don’t ever follow back put them in a list. Lists are a great way to highlight awesome peeps, keep you focused on Twitter and it also keeps a great follow ratio for you. Check out how I see who has unfollowed or who has not been on Twitter for months. No need to follow folks who are not active.
- Always Engage – You must engage! If someone tweets you or RT’s you – respond. Thank them. Show them the LOVE. It’s never to late to respond, of course the sooner the better. I’m always grateful for a response even if some consider it late.
- Have A Eye Catching Profile – Be sure to include keywords and something personal about yourself on your profile. I love weather and have included “wanna be meteorologist.” I will tweet about weather during weather events. Always use YOUR Photo, never use an egghead or goofy image. Keep it real!
- Change Up your Tweets – Don’t just tweet links, tweet some quotes, tweet with images, and most of all have some fun so you stay engaged. Once you get the hang of it you will NOT get bored tweeting. You will make friends from all of the world to engage with.
- Don’t Give Up! – To grow a large Twitter following it takes time. It is like planting seeds. Keep on planting, watering and fertilizing and eventually the followers will come. Too many people give up way too soon.
- One Last Note – Buying followers is never a great idea – they don’t last and may not be targeted. I’ve read many bloggers rave about TweetAdder but I’ve seen several (not all) of them not engaging on Twitter. I tweeted to them more than once as a test and they never responded. That’s not how I would want to grow my following – how about you?
3 More Samples of the Power of Many Twitter Followers
— Tim Fargo (@alphabetsuccess) December 1, 2013
— Mashable (@mashable) December 5, 2013
— Gerry Moran (@GerryMoran) December 4, 2013
I still believe engagement is key on Twitter but I wanted to share that having many Twitter followers does make a difference in getting your stuff shared out there.
What are you finding that works best for you on Twitter? Did these examples get you excited?
Please drop me a comment below.
Want to learn more?
Sign up for my newsletter and get the FREE Tweeting Like It’s Second Nature eBook Today!
Watch for a revised edition in 2014. Update 5/6/15 – It’s Live Now and FREE when you sign up for my newsletter.