I started on List.ly many years ago when I first started blogging. It all started when I made a list or two and followed a few lists to get the hang of it. However, I didn’t think much about it until I checked my blog’s analytics recently and realized that List.ly builds traffic from the network even years later.
Back in 2013, it ranked #4 for me before Twitter or Triberr! So what would you do? Build more lists and follow more lists right?
List.ly Builds Traffic To Your Blog
I was so excited back then that I wanted to share it with you like a few of you didn’t know what it was when I asked on my Facebook page if anyone was using it. It is quick and easy to set up and use. I try to remember when I find a great blog post to add it to the list.
There are so many interesting lists on List.ly like Romantic Songs, Senseo Coffee Pods, Mind-Blowing Movies, Dogs Training, and Care to name a few. The blogging-related ones include some like Social Media Tools in Beta Q4, Best Grammar Checkers, (I added blogger Tim Bonner’s recent post there, Tim are you still blogging today?)
Other lists were Free Photo Editing Websites and many more useful lists you can follow. The beauty of List.ly is that anyone can add to your lists, not just you. When you add to someone else’s list it does go into a queue for approval.
What Does It Do? Listly builds traffic exponentially!
How Does List.ly Build Traffic to Your Blog or Website?
List.ly adds structure to your content and drives traffic to your blog. You can share via Twitter and Facebook but why give the big social sites all your content?
Listly wants to see engagement on our blogs via their lists to help you generate more traffic and engagement right on your own blog, that is how List.ly builds traffic right to your blog.
Embed – You can embed lists right on your blog or website as you can see below. You need to get a publisher key # first and then you are ready to roll. They offer a plugin but you can use Java code to embed and forgo the plugin.
Share – You can share your lists via multiple social networks to drive people back to your blog. All the action should take place at your own hub, right?
Curate – The lists are not just your content, but the content you curate from other places on the web. Pieces of information you gather and want to share with others. Information that others are looking for. You begin to know your readers right? Why not give them the information that they are looking for? You become their source of information. Imagine what this can do for your business blog too if you have one?
List.ly claims “Links are short-lived but embeds are long lasting”. So true, isn’t it?
What Else Do You Need To Know About List.ly Builds Traffic?
- Bookmarklet. There is an easy install bookmarklet to use as you surf the web. It makes it very easy to add anything from the web into your lists. You can create new lists as you go. Find create content, put it in List.ly after reading.
- Mobile-Friendly. Easy to use on the go – you know how I love that!
- Voting. You can vote on others’ lists – up or down. It is like having a dislike button to choose from.
- Stats. You can see your stats right on List.ly on how many views and likes/dislikes.
- No Need for Plugins. You can now embed it from their website. (This is fairly new – with your publisher code) I know many of us would like a plugless website.
(Do note, this can slow down your webpage!)
- Premium Accounts. List.ly does offer premium and team accounts for $9.99 per month. You can go pro and have no ads showing on your lists. You would get premium layouts along with a few other perks for going premium with List.ly.
- Send Emails to Invite Friends. You can invite your friends to your Listly account through email on their site.
What’s Changed on Listly Over the Years?
In order to keep using Listly, I had to go pro with the network at the end of 2021. It cost $49.99 per year to do so. (Cheaper than going month to month!)
However, I wanted to see how it worked and if it would still be a viable source of traffic in 2022. Stay tuned to see how the “experiment” goes. I do know I have a backlink that shows up from the site.
Check out my list below on Awesome Blog Tips
Feel free to vote up or down, share or read right from here.
- Use These 10 Social Media Tips to See Faster Checkout Results - September 29, 2022
- Why It’s Easier to Succeed With Link Building Services - September 29, 2022
- 6 Ways to Improve and Market an Online Course That Isn’t Selling - September 28, 2022