Best Landing Page Builder Tool – Instapage VS GetResponse

Instapage vs. GetResponse

Today’s comparison is Instapage vs. GetResponse for landing pages. The landing page is one of the most important aspects of a successful online marketing strategy. Whether you are sending traffic from social media, from a PPC campaign, or in the most common case, from your mailing list, the main scope is inviting users to complete an action.

So, which tool are you using to build the perfect landing page?

Time ago, it used to be a challenge, but today, thanks to simple to understand builder tools, it’s easy to create a landing page that converts.

In this post, we are going to take a look at two of the most popular services available: Instapage vs. GetResponse.

Instapage

instapage vs. GetResponse

Unlike GetResponse (which offer also other marketing services, like autoresponders and webinars), Instapage is focused just on the creation of landing pages.

It’s a valid online platform, that stands for the rationality and simplicity of its interface.

When you start creating your landing page with Instapage, you have three options:

1. URL Importer, which lets you import any landing page you’ve built with other tools (it’s still on beta, but it works for most of the cases).
  2. Drag & Drop. I like this kind of feature. It’s basically a visual editor, where you can create your pages dragging and dropping the different elements (choose from many available).
  3. Upload. Use this feature if you already have any .instapage files you want to edit or customize (you can find them from ThemeForest.net).

Once you finished designing the landing page, before clicking the publishing button, you have four options:

• Custom domain: get it published on your own web host.
  • Instapage: this is the easiest solution, as it will be published on an Instapage sub domain.
  • WordPress: with a plugin, you can publish the landing page directly to your blog.
  • Facebook: use this option to get your page published on a tab on your Facebook fan page.

Pros

• the editor is quite simple to understand and use;
  • templates are responsive;
  • price is reasonable: starting from $29 with the basic plan, for the professional version you need to pay $55, while the premium plan is at $79;
  • templates gallery is divided according to the objectives: lead generation, coming soon, click-through, webinars or thank you page;
  • integration with many online services such as Mailchimp, Wufoo, Zapier, Salesforce, Zoho, Twitter, Facebook and Google analytics;
  • integration with WordPress.

Cons

• performance statistics are not in real time and they are not so evolved as GetResponse;
  • complete tutorials are missing;
  • there is not a custom HTML form option (in other words, you can just use email providers that are actually supported);
  • for advanced users, this service may be a little too poor.

GetResponse

landing page GetResponse screenshot

Aside the feature of creating landing pages, GetResponse offers also autoresponders, email creator and webinars services.

It has more than 100 nicely designed landing page templates to choose from and the drag’n’drop WYSIWYG editor is really easy to use.

Once you start the creation process and you have chosen your favorite template, you can add a built-in web form, so to match your campaign strategy and capture leads and user data. You can customize input fields, labels and custom fields.

Plus, with the image editor, you have the option to add catchy photos, choosing from more than 1000 free high-quality pictures available. The built-in toolkit includes filters, stickers, brushes and much more.

Once you finished to build your landing page, the funny part starts. You want to run A/B testing, changing a few elements, to discover the version that converts more!

I particularly like the social media compatibility, as the landing page created with GetResponse can be published not just on your Facebook fan page, but also on YouTube (which is great, if you are planning to create webinars too).

Also, the PayPal integration lets you easily add PayPal buttons to encourage immediate shopping and enjoy increased sales and orders.

Pros

• more than 100 professional landing page templates;
  • simple to use drag and drop editor;
  • more than 1000 free quality images to choose from;
  • 100% responsive design;
  • A/B testing;
  • no HTML coding required to modify the templates or the images;
  • 100% integration with Google Analytics, CRM, email marketing and other software;
  • the price starts from $15 a month, which makes GetResponse one of the most convenient solution in this niche.

How to Create a Facebook Landing Page

If you don’t have a website or if you just want to get the most out of your fan page, adding a landing page on the Facebook tab is quite easy, both with Instapage or GetResponse.

According to HubSpot, there was an increase of 75% of the businesses that believe Facebook is critical to their success.

What you want to create is a clean and well optimized page, with a catchy image and a targeted message. Don’t forget the killer headline and the contrasting CTA button.

And if you have experience with Facebook ads, you can set up a campaign to send visitors interested in your niche to your landing page.

The following is a well crafted example:

Facebook landing page with GetResponse

The message is clear and it’s highlighted in the title.

Using words like “free”, “easy” or “quick” will help you improving conversions.

There’s a optin box to sign up (whether you are looking for new subscribers for your mailing list or for new leads to your sales funnel).

Description is clear, with a limited amount of words. I believe the simpler the better, in this case.

As you know, Facebook users prefer a funny message, rather than a boring text, focused on your business.

Also, consider adding gamification principles, to engage more with your fans.

Whether you are choosing Instapage vs. GetResponse, building a landing page to be published on a tab of your Facebook fan page is really easy. Just follow the procedure, while playing with the editor.

The Final Verdict on Instapage vs. Get Response

Instapage offers a valid platform that, for most of the times, is simple to understand and use but, for some cases, is more time consuming than it needs to be.

GetResponse has a simple editor that lets you build your landing page in a matter of minutes. It has also many more features than Instapage and I particularly like the fun with the A/B testing process.

Also, if you dig more into the advanced features, GetResponse seems to have integrated them into their platform better.

Plus, the basic plan of GetResponse is prices at $15/mo, which is almost half of Instapage one ($29/mo) and offers indeed more services!

After analyzing the characteristics of both services, I believe that, compared to Instapage, GetResponse is the best landing page tool.

And you?

Are you already using Instapage or GetResponse?

Please share your views in the comments below, thanks!

Erik Emanuelli

Erik is a professional blogger and freelance writer. He loves to skydive and work on his NoPassiveIncome blog (but not at the same time).

17 Responses to Best Landing Page Builder Tool – Instapage VS GetResponse

• Rakesh Agarwal says:

Hii Erik!

It’s crucial and can set the tone for the rest of the relationship. If you want people to keep coming back for more after the first visit it’s important to have a strong landing page. I enjoyed your content and I personally prefer getresponse as it is easy and functionable. Really well explained !

• Nikhil Ganotra says:

Hey Erik,

Great comparison indeed!

I consider GerResponse as a great landing page builder. It’s easy to customize and its pricing is reasonable. The best advantage of using GetResponse over Instapage is that, you can also get email service to integrate directly with autoresponsders. Now, we need not integrate it to the third party.

This makes the process simpler.

Thanks a lot for sharing this great comparison b/w instapage and getresponse! :)

• Nikhil Ganotra says:

Hey Erik,

Great comparison Indeed!

I would prefer to go with Getresponse Landing page builder as their pricing plans are reasonable and it delivers super easy functionality.

• Ravinder Dande says:

Hi Erik ,

I didn’t create landing page for my blog because i have some doubt about it as if it really help in getting readers.I have been thinking to have something like to create landing page which derive people to our mailing list.

So I’m looking for more on same topic I do not know much about it.

• Brenda Pace

Hi Erik,

It’s great to see you here! I have yet to create a landing page like you show above. I’ve been thinking about doing one yet haven’t gotten around to it yet nor have I researched it enough to begin. I don’t use GetResponse and Instapage either but I have heard of them before.

Are landing pages best for selling products? Or for drawing people in for your newsletter?

Great guest, Lisa!

Brenda
    Brenda Pace recently posted…The Importance of a Mobile Responsive WebsiteMy Profile

• Hi Brenda,
      thank you!
      I’m glad to see you here reading my post and commenting! 😀

Regarding your question,
      yes, landing pages are the perfect way to sell products and for inviting people to subscribe to your newsletter.
      If you are able to create a compelling landing page, then I’m sure it will convert a lot.

GetResponse offers an easy to use editor, included in the basic monthly plan.
      There are many other tools available, but they are quite expensive
      (I remember to have purchased “Premise” from Studiopress, a couple of years ago, for $200 (circa), mainly for building landing pages.
      Erik Emanuelli recently posted…Best Landing Page Builder Tool – Unbounce VS GetResponseMy Profile

• Akaahan

Hi Erik & Lisa,

Reading this entry was a much needed time saver…

Personally, I’ve been looking for an awesome, affordable and easy solution to create my landing pages and the alternatives I’ve got so far are sad ones that are far from what I need.

As I am also looking to change my Newsletter service provider, there is no harm, I believe, in making the all important switch to Getresponse.

Thanks for this work, Erik.

Lisa, it’s a long time since I landed here and I was very pleased with your new theme…it’s quite professional and smart, I must say.

Do enjoy the day, Lisa and Erik!

Always,
    Akaahan Terungwa
    Akaahan recently posted…Causes of Divorce in a MarriageMy Profile

• Hi Erik,

Thanks for this great comparison. Sounds like Get Reponse is worth every penny. For now, I’ve been using Mail Chimp and they don’t offer this feature. I have’t created a landing page so I’ll definitely keep Get Repsonse in mind when I move forward with it.

Thank you for sharing this. I hope you are well.

Take care,
    Cori
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Now There Are More Ways to Earn Money with the Smart CrowdMy Profile

• Hi Corina,
      I’m great, thanks. 😛
      What about you?

Good to see you here reading my post at Lisa’s blog.

Yes, GetResponse offers many services. Among the different features, I like the landing page tool, as you mentioned. I’m also impressed by the possibility to set up and create webinars, included in the regular account.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, have a good rest of this week!
      Erik Emanuelli recently posted…Social Affiliate Marketing – No Brainer IncomeMy Profile

• Adrienne says:

Hey Lisa and Erik,

Great to see you here Erik and thanks for sharing this with us.

I had NO idea that GetResponse had landing pages but then again, I’m an Aweber lover myself. Never heard of Instapage so this is a new one for me.

I use OptimizePress, I bought it back in 2014 for my course site and of course it has a plugin that you can put on any site you want to build landing pages with that. I recently purchased a new theme and with their recent update it’s not causing OptimizePress to not work but they are in the process of fixing that issue.

I love that program actually because it’s a one time fee but you do have to renew it each year. WAY less expensive then the monthly fees both these programs have but if you’re already using GetResponse then I could see that as an added bonus.

Thanks for introducing me to both of these Erik and thanks Lisa for having him share this with us. I hope you both have an amazing week.

• Hi Adrienne,
      a pleasure to read your comment. 😀

Good to hear you are using Aweber…it was the first service I used 6 years ago, when I built my first mailing list.
      At that time, it was kinda the most popular autoresponder around.

Thanks for mentioning the tool you’re using for landing pages. I heard of OptimizePress, but never tried it.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience and feedback.
      Hope you’re having a wonderful week.
      Erik Emanuelli recently posted…4 Ways To Build A Website In 2016My Profile

Hi Adrienne, thanks for coming by this week on this post. I’m so glad Erik was able to share about this with us. Does Aweber offer the landing pages as well Adrienne? Hope your weekend is going well.
      Lisa recently posted…Best Landing Page Builder Tool – Instapage VS GetResponseMy Profile

• Adrienne says:

Good morning Lisa,

I was working in Aweber yesterday and I don’t see any option of creating landing pages. Of course I’ve shared a LOT of things I believe they could improve upon but have yet to see any of that being implemented. I’ve just used them for so long and am used to them that I hate to move.

Pretty cool feature though.