20 Valuable Twitter Marketing Tips To Make You Awesome

Top 20 Twitter Marketing Tips

Twitter marketing tipsYou may have heard some of these Twitter marketing tips before and others you may not be aware of. Twitter is a great marketing tool if used right. Too many people and businesses get on Twitter to tweet their own stuff. They look like billboards with ads each day in the Twitter feed.

Twitter is not about just tweeting your own marketing messages. Twitter marketing is much more than that. It’s connecting with others and introducing yourself to new customers every day.

Twitter Marketing – Your Customers

You can learn more about your customers too via Twitter. See what they are tweeting about and learn how they are thinking. Learn what interests them.

You can then tweet about the things that your customers CARE about. They will want to connect with you and follow you. They will become your Twitter fans.

Be sure to respond to to any customers requests. If they are sending really offensive tweets try to respond very professionally and/or try to take it to direct messages or via email if necessary. Ignoring such tweets will not make them go away. Fast response is key on the Twitter network. It’s expected!

You can turn those nasty tweets into thank you tweets if done correctly and quickly. You may remember my example tweet with Cox Communications back in 2013. Their response via Twitter was within minutes. I had another experience with Southwest Airlines last year too. It was quicker to get a Twitter response verses a phone call during a flight delay!

Check out these 20 Twitter Marketing Tips!

Top 20 Twitter Marketing Tips for Businesses [Infographic]

Are you using Twitter via the 20 ways presented in this infographic above?
What other Twitter marketing tips would you add?
I’d love to know in the comments below :)
Top graphic via Twitter Icons.

39 Responses to 20 Valuable Twitter Marketing Tips To Make You Awesome

• Arbaz K

That’s an awesome infographic filled with marketing tips for Twitter.
    Up until now, I was only using JustRetweet to gain more exposure for my tweets and never focused on anything else, however, I would have to rethink whether this is a viable strategy or not!
    Arbaz K recently posted…How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently? (Official Method)My Profile

Thank you Arbaz. Oh I do use those on my other Twitter handle @InspiretoThrive . But I do get on the Twitter interface too as I like to engage with others on the network. It’s all about that engagement. Twitter chats are great and I’ve been away from those way too long. Thanks for coming by and commenting. Have a great rest of the week. I’d love to know what you try next with Twitter too!
      Lisa recently posted…Confessions of Why You See Shareaholic Again HereMy Profile

• Mohit farswan

Hi Lisa Ma’am
    I think that marketing with Twitter is very difficult than other social networking platforms. However, the points you have described are very common but very useful. Many people neglect these small things especially those hashtags.
    Mohit farswan recently posted…Top 5 Best Music Player For Android Lollipop – 2015 EditionMy Profile

• Matt Antonino says:

Tip 10, for me, is the best and most important. Whenever I get in Twitter chats I make new friends, learn a lot and get more traffic to anything I’ve linked. It’s important, of course, not to spam the Twitter chats and to make notes on when the best ones happen. Once you get into it, though, that’s one of the easiest ways to add some value to Twitter.

Thanks for the list – very good to share, especially among the newer Tweeps.

• Don Purdum says:

I absolutely LOVE Twitter. Over the last few months a number of people have connected with me through it and the relationships I’ve developed are awesome.

What I’ve been doing is when someone connects with me I go to their website/blog immediately and start reading, commenting and sharing.

It’s been phenomenal and a few fans have really paid off.

Thanks for a few other ideas I hadn’t thought of Lisa!

~ Don Purdum

Hi Don, me too. It started when I had a retail website years ago. My biggest order came from an account I had been tweeting with. It just amazed me how quick and easy it was to network with others. I use it now for many reasons and prefer it over all the other social networks including Facebook. Thanks for coming by Don and your are welcome. Enjoy the rest of the week there Don.
      Lisa recently posted…Revealing Your Happy Birthday Year on Twitter NowMy Profile

• These are some great twitter tips. Knowing how to use social media to your advantage can be great for your following, business, and seo purposes. When you engage with your customers as cox did, you can more people to really put their trust in your business and make them feel like they are really trying to help you. I will refer back to this page. Great article.
    Lawrence Berry recently posted…5 Simple Strategies To Pain-Proof Your BackMy Profile

• Raphael

Over the years i’ve been using Twitter and i’ll pick it over any other social media right now, because i really love its interactive nature. There’s this thing about keping your circle small, you’ll have more friends and not just followers. But if your twitter is for your business, and you need to reach out to the world then there’s no such thing as keeping your circle small. More followers would become very useful.

• Nikhil says:

you have created a very interesting infographic for Twitter marketing. I am unable to understand how to use keyword within Twitter profile. I would be helpful for me, if you will get me here the complete method to add keywords in profile.

Thanks

Hi Nikhil, welcome to Inspire to Thrive. Thank you. You pick keywords by things you are interested in. For example mine has #socialmedia, #Blogger, #marketing and #tweet as keywords among others. I picked the most important ones to be with the hashtag. I hope that helps you Nikhil. Have a great day and don’t hestitate to ask me anything about Twitter.
      Lisa recently posted…20 Valuable Twitter Marketing Tips To Make You AwesomeMy Profile

• Siddaiah says:

All these 20 tips are really valuable tips to become successful in Twitter marketing, using original profile pic and adding your complete profile information, spreading the tweet throughout the day are very useful to get followers.

Thank you for sharing these 20 tips in infographic format.
    Siddaiah recently posted…List Of Ad Networks To Get Sponsored Post OpportunitiesMy Profile

• Anja Skrba

Now THIS is what I call useful content!

Thanks so much for sharing this Lisa, I’ve shared it immediately with my followers.

Happy Friday!
    Anja

• Hey Lisa,

You just reminded me of my days of doing tech support for AT&T LOL… yes I had some good customers and sometimes my ego was challenged with others, but it was good experience.

Yes I really like these tips and as you know I tried to respond to my tweets as soon as I’m able to. One smart thing I did was what you mentioned in #9 where I linked my twitter into my facebook account. It’s a great way to kill two birds with one stone, and I made sure I tweeted my messages about 3 hours apart.

For #17 I need to change up my keywords a bit. I think it was overkill with all the keywords I put on my profile. Now I have much more clarity on what I’m doing, so it will be clear for others to see what i’m more focused on!

Thanks for sharing these great tips Lisa! I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!
    Sherman Smith recently posted… Empower your blog with these 5 must have wordpress pluginsMy Profile

I love this infographic and all the tips it has. I do remember that incident and I was impressed at how fast you got a response…that made me love twitter even more.

The one thing I don’t do enough of is share photos but I’m working on that. In fact, I tend to forget to post photos…I have stuff from mother’s day, my daughter’s graduation and father’s day that I haven’t shared…bad huh? 😳

There are some other tips that had me going “oh yeah I need to do that” so I have a lot of work to do :).

I agree with Bren, you strike again gf! Thanks for sharing this with us. Hope you’re having a great week!

Cori
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Make Extra Money from Home Serving On A Virtual JuryMy Profile

• Brenda Lee

And the Twitter Queen strikes again! 😆

You know, I find Twitter rules are like Blogging rules. You need to find what works for you. Although I do value others opinions of the Do’s and Don’ts, what works for one doesn’t for the other. I get most of my blog traffic from Twitter so I must be doing something right. I keep debating on ditching G+ as I get very little traffic. That would allow me to jump back to Twitter and be able to network more with others and hold actually conversations.

This is a really good infographic. I’ve already pinned and will be sharing again! Great stuff gf! Happy 2nd of July!

B
    Brenda Lee recently posted…Veterans and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder #InfographicMy Profile

• Sunday

With Twitter businesses go farther in the journey of success. This can be achieved if they regularly offer valuable information and insights to customers and followers.

The infographic shared above has elaborated on the core valuable tips that can help a business thrive in its Twitter marketing.

It would be good to sincerely put them into practice. Thanks for sharing these awesome tips!

I left the above comment in kingged.com where this post was found.

• Metz

Hi Lisa, Twitter is useful if used correctly. Your experience with Cox is an example how great Twitter is if you will use it the right way.

Many businesses are on Twitter and you can use it as a way to communicate with them, if you need assistance, if you have important matters to ask and so on.

They are always willing to lend a hand because as we know and it is obvious they want to keep their brand and good reputation. Thanks for sharing your infographic with us. This is useful.
    Metz recently posted…“There’s No Abiding Success Without Commitment” – Tony RobbinsMy Profile

• Jacob Day says:

This is why ever since I got started with online trading, I never took Twitter for granted. I’ve always used it as a marketing platform and immensely enjoy the benefits and the leads it gives me.

• Irish Carter

I am so guilty of failing in alot of these. I don’ t have much balance between work and life but see how it can benefit in a huge way because when I do that on other social media sites and it works so why I don’t on twitter is just stupid of me. LOL There were lots of great tips here and I have to seriously stop using twitter committedly and then bailing on it other than promoting others. There has to be a better balance for me.

I’m glad you are getting better each day Lisa. I’m still working on getting stronger and am only determined to move forward. Take care.

Irish
    Irish Carter recently posted…Why Some Men Cant Respect a WomanMy Profile

Hi Irish, it’s not easy to find that balance. I’ve gone back to work a week now and it amazes me how much I do with less time. I think we cram it all in somehow. Do you use Triberr? That’s a great one for bloggers to use with Twitter. Twitter is my #1 social driver to my site here. Thanks for coming by Irish and I hope you are feeling stronger as well :) Have a great rest of the week and Happy July!

You used the example with Comcast but I tell you when I’ve called them and their recording continues to say that you can go online to get issues resolved when my issue is that my internet is down. Urggggg really people! I have to tell you, that one gets me every single time! LOL!!! Sorry, just had to vent on that one.

I did have a complaint about a company not long ago and I bet it was four or five days before they responded or even saw my tweet. Really slow on the draw there which I wasn’t too happy about but I’m sure that’s not the example of all companies of course.

I like your tips here though although of course I don’t do them all. I think if people took more time to learn how to use Twitter to their advantage then they would probably fall in love with it as much as we have. Although there are only 140 characters with new ways to share even more, it’s a great place to make those necessary connections and helping people is always a great place to start. I just love the chats too.

Thanks for sharing this infographic, great one of summing things up.

Enjoy your week.

Adrienne recently posted…Magical Monday: Vision, Clients, Comments, Influencer Marketing, Successful BloggerMy Profile

Hi Adrienne, Cox is the one I used, but they are a cable company too. That happened to me too with Cox so I went to Twitter on my phone. It’s important for businesses to respond quickly via Twitter as it is expected.
      I need to do more with the Twitter chats myself. I enjoy them but don’t do enough of them.
      You are welcome Adrienne and I appeciate you coming by today. Have a great rest of the week.

• Adrian Jock

1) I’m not so sure that tip #9 is a good idea. As for the Note attached to that tip – non-existent in the original article – makes me wonder whether is it me the one who didn’t understand the tip or is it the author of the infographic …

2) Somehow off-topic… I was wondering if it’s OK to copy half of someone else’s article into an infographic. I don’t think so, but maybe the author of the infographic has a license from Telegraph.co.uk. Anyway, my piece of advice is to take care what infographics you post on your site 😉
    Adrian Jock recently posted…Twitter Myth: URL Shorteners Save Space – Busted!My Profile

Hi Adrian, I like that they added – USE SPARINGLY. That’s the only way I would do that one. Sparingly is fine. It came from Visual.ly and those are okay to use, they are shareable. I’ve used many others in the past from there. Thanks for watching my back though, much appreciated! What was your favorite tip from them?

• Adrian Jock

I don’t have any favored tip. As for the tip #9, I told you on Twitter that I don’t understand the connection between visual.ly and the tip. Just to make sure that we talk about the same tip… “Feed your tweets into other social networks” – in my understanding that’s syncing Twitter and Facebook, for example.

Posting the tweets automatically on FB on your wall is not a good idea, while posting them automatically on a separate page (not on the wall) is OK – but then I don’t see the point of that Note. (Let’s not forget that the Note doesn’t belong to the author of the article but to the … other one!)

So… were we talking about the same tip? If yes, what’s your understanding of that tip? :-)
        Adrian Jock recently posted…Never Put a Dot in Front of a Tweet. Not Even in That Case 😉My Profile

Hi Adrian, I would agree, posting tweets on your FB wall is ineffective. Many FB people don’t understand Twitter. Just like those who share all on Twitter via FB – I always think “If I wanted to be on FB I’d be there and not here on Twitter….” Doing it occassionally is ok. Yes, that is the same tip.
          Visual.ly is where the infographic origined from. Thanks for clarifying.