5 Lazy Social Media Moves to Avoid Today
The Lazy Social Media Moves
Do you get lazy managing your social media like this cat? It would look like you have fallen asleep with your smartphone or tablet and you can’t get up. I’ve been noticing that on Twitter more often lately and began to wonder how laziness happens across the various social media platforms. I will admit, I do some of the following examples as well. Why not, it’s easier! Let’s see what we do that is lazy social media and how we can overcome that laziness or easy way out. We don’t want to look like this cat and have our picture taken like that now, do we?
Likes vs. Comments
You know the easy way here, just like away a post or two here, post your stuff and you are done, right? Not really. Did you know comments are much more valuable than likes? But they do take more TIME! When your own posts get more comments or shares, you will get more clicks over to your post or website. Isn’t that what you want? Recently the folks at Edgerank Checker analyzed how many clicks a post received against each of the major metrics (likes, comments, impressions). They found that for every post that received a like it got 3.1 clicks. For each comment the post received it got 14.678 clicks. That is more than 4x the likes! Does that give you a reason not to be a lazy social media person?
RT’s vs. RT’s with Comments
Do you receive RT’s that are generic? Do you appreciate a RT that has a comment with it? Or do you see added words that add something with more value to the original post when someone shares it? Sometimes we go so fast or on our mobile and can’t quite find the way to RT without taking more time. Check out the following RT or share. Do you see the difference?
— Corina Ramos (@WFHConcepts) July 23, 2013
Corina added her own sentence before the actual tweet and gave it more Zing! Corina is not a lazy social media person. I’ve seen her do it on various social networks too. I’ve learned on mobile now with the Twitter app you can use the Quote feature to do this. Or you can use Tweetcaster makes it easy with their re-tweet feature. Hootsuite has the option too with their RT. How about peeps that only re-tweet stuff you have tweeted with their links? What’s up with that?
Google+ is similar to Twitter when one shares a post. Do you just share as is or do you add your commentary to it? Do you give it more reasons for others to open the post and read it? I know, it’s easy to hit the plus button and forget about it. Let’s not be that lazy social media person on Google+!
LinkedIn – Another place that I see many will like a post but not comment as often. I see it more there than any other social site and maybe because it’s the platform. Do you fear your employer seeing your comments? That could explain why it’s different on that platform.
Pinterest is a little different from the others but receiving comments may lead to more re-pins and followers. Some pins are so moving or so adorable – how can you not leave a comment?
Lazy Social Media – It’s the easy way out. But it’s not really being social now, is it? We must remember why we are on social media, to engage with others. Giving something a like does not engage. Like’s are still nice. But leaving comments and going back and forth with someone via a conversation – that’s engagement.
What do you feel are lazy social media moves?
Image of cat courtesy of koratmember at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Google Plus Social Network or SEO Advantage? - February 28, 2015
- Facebook Page Posts– Who is Seeing Your Posts Now? - January 29, 2015
- 8 Things To Consider When Changing Your Name Online - January 5, 2015
68 Responses to 5 Lazy Social Media Moves to Avoid Today
- How Do Blog Comments Help Your Blog’s SEO? 200 comments
- Alexa Ranking Dropping Like A Meteorite To Earth 145 comments
- List.ly Builds Traffic To Your Blog and Goes Beyond Comments 129 comments
- What If Yours Became The Most Popular Blog Site? 126 comments
- Why Are So Many Blogging Today? 124 comments
- Social Websites to Ditch in 2013 to Save Time 109 comments
- 11 Great Tools that Power and Electrify The Bad Blogger
- SHOCK!!! Don’t buy Adrienne Smith’s Product! Read This First!
- What is Social Media – Optimisation/Advertising/Marketing?
- How to save Instagram Photos to PC and Smartphone
- How to Create an Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for Your Business
- With the increase in identity theft cases we all have to be more aware
- 7 New Social Networks You Don’t Know Yet