6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing Whiz

Pinterest Marketing

Pinterest Marketing
Have you been using Pinterest to market your blog or website? If you are marketing to women Pinterest is really a must! 80% of it’s users are female. If you haven’t been on Pinterest in a while you may be surprised by some recent changes there. Pinterest has added a news feed alongside the you and messages button on the top right hand corner of your account.

Pinterest NewsfeedThis news feeds helps you keep tabs of all your Facebook friends and those who you follow on Pinterest. This is great for brands. It’s another way to keep your brand at the top of awareness with your followers. One thing to note: You will not see any secret boards here in the news feed. (That’s a good thing, right?)

Pinterest remains the 3rd largest social networking site after Facebook and Twitter. It is still one of the fastest growing social networking sites there is online since they began in 2009. If you are not using Pinterest Marketing by now, or have quit, you may want to reconsider it. Pinterest is considered to be the social site for shopping. So if you have something to sell Pinterest is the place to be!  Read more from the Business Insider on some of the latest Pinterest stats.

Becoming A Pinterest Marketing Whiz – Infographic

What Else is New At Pinterest?

Pinterest Privacy Policy – Starting October 19 Pinterest will roll out it’s new privacy policy. Much of this policy will revolve around Pinterest Marketing and how information is gathered by Pinterest. Pinterest may suggest Pins or boards you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that has Pinterest features, they may suggest food-related Pins, boards, or people that they think you might like. They may also show you ads you might be interested in. (It’s easy to convert your account over to a business account if you have a blog. Business type is Professional, blogger in your settings).

Pinterest Analytics for Business – Pinterest has upgraded the analytics for businesses so businesses can better gauge their usage, stats and pins. Businesses can now see their daily views and impressions. They can also see their audience’s engagement by the month. You will know which country your audiences come from, and which gender they are. You can tell if your Pinterest impressions are up or down from the previous 30 days. You can also see how your website’s pin are performing. You will also know which are your top pins and how many repins they received. If you haven’t

Pinterest Marketing & Advertising – Pinterest has been doing promoted posts for businesses, where businesses can pay to promote their pins. They are looking towards the future and giving Google and Bing a run for their money with search. Stay tuned!

Need a Pin It Button for Your Blog? Check out the Share Juice plugin for WordPress users. It’s an easy way to have the pin it button hover over all of your images. It comes with other social sites buttons too!

How are you using Pinterest today? Has it driven traffic to your site?  What other tips would you add?

Thanks to Siraj of  ProMarketerz for the infographic!

47 Responses to 6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing Whiz

I agree with you. Pinterest is a social media site that should be used, either by bloggers and marketers. Pinterest will bring a real impact if we can provide a good and interesting image.

Fortunately I’m a Pinterest user. And I also use it to promote my blog.

One thing is for sure, Pinterest will be useful for you. And would be very useful if you can use it properly. :)

Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day for you!

~Nanda
    Nanda Rahmanius recently posted…8 Winning Tactics To Overcome Google SandboxMy Profile

• Kim Smith says:

I am such a Pinterest newb…I find it to be an utter rabbit hole. Once I get on it, I cannot get off LOL. I know I could be using it to be more effective to market my work, and I am so glad I found your info. Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa, so beautiful.I haven’t been regular on pinterest. As Adrienne mentioned there are a lot of social network and we cant spend all the time there. On the side, I love to know the tool wahid use to create this infographic? I really love it. Going to pin this

You’ve haven’t been posting as frequently as before-I guess you must be so busy.

Do have a wonderful day, looking forward to more of your post
    Peter Kanayo recently posted…The Picture Guide To Using Keyword Planner To Create Fantabulous ContentMy Profile

Hi Peter, The tool was by Siraj. I loved the infographic myself too. I will have to check your Pinterest activity. Yes I haven’t posted as much – thanks for noticing, I had a sciatic that was quite painful and could not sit for long to type. I’m actually standing using my laptop but the pain is much less and I can think clearly now :) Thanks for coming by and have a great day there!
      Lisa recently posted…8 Ways to Save Time on Social Media MarketingMy Profile

• Mi Muba

Hi

Pinterest is one of my favorite social media platforms because of its ease in use and its expanding outreach.
    I get amazing result with the Pin It option at one of my blogs images where just putting this option helped me reshare my each post by several Pinterest users.

One needs to be a little choosy while picking the top image of his blog post to display it at Pinterest with his post sharing because image quality wise image is so stiff there and one needs to put quality image to get the attention.

Thanks a lot for sharing this post with huge value.
    Mi Muba recently posted…How to create 4 expert-opinion blog posts in one go? Plus an ebookMy Profile

• Liz McGee says:

This is so helpful for me.

I have a site where we sell wine racks and Pinterest is the logical social site to promote but I haven’t been clear on how to use Pinterest to it’s full potential, so this helps a lot.

I noticed the graphic mentioned ‘consistency’ which I’ve discovered in really important when promoting something.

Thanks for this. Super helpful :-)

Blessings,
    Liz

• Hey Lisa,

Those are some great stats with Pinterest. I didn’t know it was that popular with 14.2 minutes spent on the site and 85 unique visitors that comes to the site. This gives me the incentive to look into this site more. I have the share buttons at the top and bottom of my blog and on my images, but that’s not going to be enough! Thanks for the share Lisa! Have a good one!
    Sherman Smith recently posted…9 Online Marketing Automated Tools That Can Instantly Save You TimeMy Profile

• Don Purdum says:

For the longest time I wondered if marketing on Pinterest was a good thing or not for my business? As a consultant, coach, and web designer I didn’t honestly believe that any of my target audience was there.

I have a Pinterest account and I do post to whenever I write a new article, but other than that I kind of ignore it.

But, after reading your blog article and then business insider I may have to reconsider? I know that women make up a lot of the growing small business owner community and that is my target audience. If they are hanging out here over LinkedIn or Google+ I then I suppose I ought to as well.

I really appreciate your post. You definitely have made me think about my audience a differently today.

I hope you’re having an awesome week!!!

~ Don Purdum

• Oloyede Jamiu says:

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for putting up this interesting infographic blog post about how to become a pinterest marketing whiz.

I started to reconsider it almost a month ago when i reregister an account with them.

70 million user is not a small thing.

Its one of the avenues for marketing.

Thanks and have a nice day ahead.

• Dennis Seymour says:

I still have a lot of things to learn about Pinterest. I spend around 10 minutes on it each week due to my load but I do enjoy every minute. Ive seen how powerful it is and how it can actually the better traffic driver vs other networks.

Hopefully, once I work out my work schedule, I can finally dedicate some much needed time for Pinterest!

I just added you btw, here’s mine. http://www.pinterest.com/denseymour/

• Akaahan Terungwa

Hello Lisa,

Unfortunately, I’m not so great at Pinterest – I still (curiously) prefer FB though I have an account (but do not understand much past that stage).

The tips, I’m certain will not only help me improve – they’ll also help me strategize better…especially the bit of women dominating this social network.

The infographic was really revealing – thanks for the awesome share!

Do have a very great day!

Always,
    Terungwa
    Akaahan Terungwa recently posted…HILARIOUS MISTAKES WE ALL COMMIT WHEN STARTING OUT ONLINE (AND GREAT LESSONS FOR NEWBIES)My Profile

• Ravi Chahar

Though I am not a regular user of Pinterest but still its good to know that how can I use it in an effective way? I was not aware about using hashtags on Pinterest. It good to know about them.

I agree with you that people should focus on the relevant topics which are famous. Building connections is very important so that your followers will spread your pins by re-pinning them.

Food, health and many other topic are very famous and people can use them in their pins so that they get more positive results.

Thanks for writing this wonderful post.

Hope you are doing great this week.:)

~Ravi
    Ravi Chahar recently posted…How To Set Your Website On Maintenance Mode Using A Plugin?My Profile

• Sunday

An interesting facts about Pinterest I must remark! This social medium is fast growing and its not surprising it is now occupying the third spot in the hierarchy of popular social platforms.

Indeed, it is good for business and brand sustenance. Personally, I have not been very active on the platform but I just may reconsider my stand 😉

The features that make networking with others easy in this platform are awesome!

comment shared in kingged.com where this post was found.

• Siraj Wahid

Pinterest is no doubt an appropriate source for internet marketers to generate traffic and normally Pinterest traffic comes with a better conversion rate so it’s surely beneficial to target Pinterest for your new marketing projects.

Thanks a lot for the mention.

-Siraj

• Emebu

Hello Lisa!
    It’s great to read this tutorial/informative post herein. Pinterest is becoming one of the most interesting social media platforms. I am beginning to use it daily, I find myself not doing without it.
    Your six points are well understood, thanks for the post.

• metz

Hello Lisa! It’s great to read such informative post. I had a long week and was so busy for 7 days and back!

Pinterest is as interesting as any other social media platforms like Instagram. Pinterest has its own uniqueness and use in marketing. The fact that 80% of users are female, no wonder that classy images are used.

Melissa and Peg gave us wonderful hits that we can make use. Social media must be given importance, because it’s a big use in marketing to reach audiences.

Love the infographic, very detailed! I pin throughout the week but I can never make to the pin peak time on Saturday morning. By the time I get up do the first part of chores and get settled it’s almost noon :). I wish there would be a “schedule pin” button. That would be awesome!

I’ve also started getting into the habit of using hashtags on the description of the pin. I haven’t checked out their analytics tool. I’m going to have to check it out. I remember seeing an email about my top pins. I need to go back and read it tonight.

Thanks for sharing this with us Lisa. I hope you’re having a great week! How is the grandbaby? Have you gone to visit?

I know I sound like a broken record Lisa but I seriously have this on my list of things to do. You know, when I have some time.

Carolyn said I should join more boards and pin things for bloggers but it’s never on my radar to do since I just haven’t been using Pinterest. I just haven’t had the time to jump in and find out really how it all works so this post will come in handy for when I do have the time.

I appreciate your sharing this with us and I know that so many people love this platform. I get traffic from it so I know it’s a good one, I just haven’t been using it.

I have SO much still to learn, thank you though.

Enjoy your week and great to see you again.

Adrienne recently posted…How To Build A Popular Blog Especially If You Are NewMy Profile

Hi Adrienne, I’m glad it’s still on your list TO DO. I get the time issue, believe me, I do! Yes, group boards are great to join and pin to. You can get new followers doing that as well. Of course commenting on pins too every now and then surely helps. I found after I reached 800 followers it just kept on going without any effort on my part and I now have over 3500 followers. I don’t spend a lot of time on it or use it daily. I do use it several times per week though. I like how you can share from there to Facebook and how they look there. (Not so on Twitter, almost useless)…You are welcome Adrienne and I’m sure after your product is complete you will have time to check it out more. (maybe)
      You too enjoy the rest of the week and thanks, feels good to be back :)
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

• Rohan Bhardwaj

Hope you are doing good. Pinterest is something I use less, I need to now check it all the new look as you said.

Pinterest always finds me the best of pins weekly in my email. I so love it, it is simply amazing, the awesome boards with pictures speaking thousand words.

Pinterest is the weekly treat to my eyes and mood, I so love the quality of images people share.

Have a great week. :)
    Rohan Bhardwaj recently posted…5 Stitches For Your RelationshipMy Profile

Hi Rohan, yes, I can’t complain this week Rohan. Yes, if you can use some awesome graphics or pictures in your posts do be sure to pin them. I used to forget too. Infographics seem to do well there too. I will have to check your boards out there. Thanks for coming by Rohan and have a great rest of the week.
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

• Awesome infographic! Admittedly, Pinterest has never been a big traffic generator for me. I suppose niche has a big effect on how well Pinterest will serve you, and the niches mentioned in the infographic will convert the best. I’m working with one blogger who’s in the women’s fashion niche, and Pinterest is the main network she promotes on.

It just goes to show that you should go where your target audience is!
    James McAllister recently posted…What Writing A Book Taught Me About BloggingMy Profile

• Ileane

Nice Infographic! I’ll be sure to pin that one.
    Pinterest made a huge move when they updated the analytics. I’m really impressed with what they did over there. But I agree with Adrian about the change to the notifications area. That one is a waste of time. Maybe if enough people complain they will get rid of it.

Thanks for the post Lisa. Well done!
    Ileane recently posted…Tips and Tools for a Productive Blogging WorkflowMy Profile

Hi Ileane, nice to see you again! Siraj did a great job with this infographic. Got me inspired to write more on Pinterest and what’s to come. I love the analytics they provide now. Oh yes, I agree, too many people do not like the newsfeed. If we want one, we’d be on Facebook right? Seems every social network tries to copy things from Facebook instead of focusing on being themselves. Drives me crazy!
      Thanks for coming by and have a great rest of the week Ileane.
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

• Adrian Jock

I really didn’t get what that new news feed is for. Here’s my news feed:

– X followed John Doe and 18 other Pinners
    – Y likes 6 Pins
    – Z pinned 7 new Pins.
    – etc.

I’ve no idea who (and why) might be interested in such so called news. But not me. It really bothers me. What bothers me even more is that the news tab is the default one. So when I want to see the old notifications section (the actual You tab), I need to make one more step.

I tried to find a way to get rid of this wonderful news feed, or at least to make You the default tab, but I didn’t succeed. If you know the answer, pleeease help me :)
    Adrian Jock recently posted…5 Marketing Mistakes to Avoid When Writing TweetsMy Profile

Hi Adrian, LOL. I understand. I did prefer the YOU part of the newsfeed to see who is pinning your stuff and commenting. I believe Pinterest did it for brands to stand out more and to get more ad dollars from them in the future. I don’t know of a way yet Adrian, I just use the YOU version of it. But I will do some research and see if there is another way. If enough people complain maybe they will give us an option. Thanks for coming by and for your input on this Adrian. Have a great day!
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

That was a wonderful infographic post :)

Yes, most of the women are on Pinterest, though a lot of men are there too, but perhaps not as many as women, who just seem to be addicted to it – me included, if I don’t limit my time there!

It’s one place where you posts stay the longest as compared to any other social networks, and that I know for being true as some of my old posts still get me daily traffic from there. These are posts that have already been pinned over 1500 times, so you can imagine how viral they can get.

I did read about the new policy they would be coming up with, though nothing much to bother about if you know your way about. I guess if we are consistent and have our own networks, and are there like other social networks to share more of other’s post, nothing like it.

Thanks for sharing. I’d surely be pinning this post and sharing it as well. Have a nice week ahead :)
    Harleena Singh recently posted…Why Use Standing Desks? Win $600 Sit to Stand Workstation Giveaway!My Profile

Hi Harleena, Yes, I really liked it too. Siraj did a great job with it. That’s the favorite part for me, having the pins stay active for years. Facebook posts don’t usually do that. Consistency is key Harleena, great point! Good to know you are getting traffic from Pinterest Harleena, I know several bloggers who gave up on this network. I think they didn’t give it enough time. You are welcome and thanks for coming by and commenting. Have a great rest of the week!
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

• Jens P. Berget

I need to be active on Pinterest. I do have an account, but I almost never use it. Not sure why, since I love pictures. I’m reading about how much traffic people are receiving from it, and I’m receiving 0 :)

Thanks!

-Jens
    Jens P. Berget recently posted…You miss 100%My Profile

Hi Jens, oh yes – it’s about using it! Give it 5 minutes per day to see a difference. Think also about the images females will love from your blog. Start with those and follow some new folks too. Once you get around 800 or so of followers it can snowball. You could add some more boards to yours as well. Good luck and thanks for coming by Jens.
      Lisa recently posted…6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing WhizMy Profile

• Nirmala

Pinterest is my preferred social network where am driving decent daily traffic. Our posts could live longer here than facebook.

You’ve consolidate some great Pinterest tips for us Lisa, have leaned something new through your post, thanks for sharing 😀
    Nirmala recently posted…How And Where to Get Social Media Jobs Online?My Profile