Blogging and Doing Laundry to Calm Yourself Down
I never forgot the time when my grandmother passed away when I was 17. My mom was hanging laundry outside on a warm August morning on the morning of my grandmother’s funeral. I was upset. How could she still be doing laundry when we were about to bury my grandmother? How does life go on when someone so close to us passes on? I never forgot that time and now in times of crisis in my own life I find myself doing laundry. Washing, drying, folding, ironing. I now get it. It keeps you on track, it makes you carry on. I’m having one of those days as I am going through a divorce and my mom is in the hospital. It keeps me from needless worry until I know what I really need to worry about. And I try to do something about it so I don’t worry. So I began blogging and doing laundry to get me by. And of course taking deep breaths.
Can Blogging Get You Over Your Worries?
Do you blog when you are worried about major things in your life or do you withdraw? I have known several bloggers to go into hiding when they go through major life events and others like will blog about them. I believe it really can be theraputic for us. It is like keeping a journal. I’m not one to blog about my personal life but if it will help others I do so in a more generic way. After all, bloggers are human right? We are not robots responding to comments and writing away at a machine. We live, eat, breath and feel. What else can blogging and doing laundry help you with personally?
- Learning more about yourself – You will learn about yourself as you have to express yourself via the words and your feelings.
- Helping Others – When you help others along the way you feel better about yourself and your own situations.
- You Get Your Feelings Out – When you hold all your feelings in it can damage your overall health. Without our health we can’t really do anything for ourselves or anyone else.
- Keeping a Routine – During a crisis in your life, keeping a routine may be one of keys to get through it. Blogging and doing laundry is a blogger’s routine, right? Of course you must at one point do something different or you can get bored or stale in your life. Life is too short to get stale. So drop the routine after you feel you can handle something different.
- Keeps Your Mind Occupied On Other Things – When you have things on your mind that you have no control over, it can wear and tear your down. So if you continue your routine like blogging and doing laundry it will help keep your mind more occupied.
Quotes To Get You Through Crisis Too
Ever have a bad day and look for quotes to get you through it? I find quotes can sometimes have a calming effect on me and make me realize I’m not alone in a particular situation. I have a Twitter List just for folks that have wonderful quotes and would love for you to add more to it for me via List.ly. I was so excited to learn this morning that List.ly has incorporated Twitter Lists into their fold.
Do You Do Social When You Are Down?
Being on social media when you are in tough times is not easy. I would not recommend it unless you can find the good or inspiration in something. People don’t want to be brought down but want to feel better. They sometimes go on social media to feel good. Blogging and doing laundry is more comforting to me in down times. I’d love to know if you still do social media during those down times of your life. I did find an awesome inspirational doctor at the hospital and decided to post about it. (Tip: Your Facebook posts must be public to embed)
Next time you are having a crisis in your life try blogging and doing laundry as well as reading quotes.
I’d love to know how you get by when things are tough in your life.
Does blogging help you through those tough times?
Socks Image courtesy of Gualberto107 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Hanging Image courtesy of kjnnt at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- How To Increase Business Sales Sooner Through Marketing - October 4, 2022
- Your Domain Name – 9 Tips to Get It Right and Be Remembered - October 4, 2022
- Twitterfeed– 8 Things That Make Twitter Annoying Today - October 3, 2022