Why 11 Commenters Really Rocked it in August
Who Are Your Top Commenters?
Do you ever wonder who comments the most at your blog? Or do you know because they are always reading and commenting on each post? There is a new plugin made by Enstine Muki that does just that for you. It’s quite easy to set up and go. You can put the commenters in a blog post like I have here below. Each featured commenter is linked to their blog too. So you are sending extra appreciation their way. You can also send a monthly email to thank your commenters. You know how important a thank you in blogging is today. I was amazed to see who ended up in the top feature this month with 3 or more comments. It’s a little different than my sidebar widget. My sidebar widget takes the past 30 days. This plugin uses the month to date. A slight difference.
Why My Comment Authors
Many of you who have been readers here for a while know I don’t like adding many new plugins. I almost lost the entire website to a plugin. Some plugins don’t go nicely with those already installed on your WordPress. But this one plugin really looked neat. I knew the developer Enstine Muki from his blog EnstineMuki.com who is a web developer. I knew if I had any issues setting it up he would be right there. And that he was. I was trying to figure out how to get the html version so I could insert into the blog here. See the set-up below. You must choose HTML to create the file to insert into your blog.
More MyCommentAuthors Options
- Page Breaks – If you have a lot of commenters you may want to feature you can set up page breaks. Enstine took this suggestion from another blogger. He also took my suggestion to add the photo images of the commenters.
- Email – You then have other options if you want to send out a thank you as an email. A nice way to show appreciation for those that come back to yourblog and comment time and time again.
- All Time Best – There is another option to show your all time best commenters. This MyCommentAuthor widget works from the day your blog was created. You can view it via your dashboard – at the bottom left hand corner. It will look like this below:
Top All Time Commenters Excluding Admin Comments
Total Comments on this blog in August 2014 with the Top Featured
Do you see value in using this plugin to thank your commenters? Would you use it in a post or via email?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- 9 Real Estate Agents Who Get Twitter Right Today - December 6, 2016
- How To Avoid Getting The Mute on Twitter Now - November 21, 2016
- Getting Verified on Twitter May Be Valuable But Not Always Easy - November 14, 2016