Saying Thank You in the Blogging World
How important is it to say “thank you” in the blogging world? Everyone likes to feel appreciated. Thanking others for reading your blog or commenting is crucial. In real life too Thank You’s are of the utmost importance.
It’s part of having good etiquette and the way we interact with others. People love to feel appreciated. A simple thank you shows appreciation towards others.
How Do You Thank You To Your Clients During the Holidays?
This is the time of year when people start to think about Christmas and thanking their clients for their loyalty. I remember one year I received a Christmas Card from a fellow blogger in Switzerland, Ashley Faulkes of Mad Lemmings.
I hadn’t received any cards from abroad before. It was really touching that he took the time to send me a holiday card to thank me for connecting online.
This was at least 5 years ago and I still remember it. In the following years, I would pick one or two bloggers out to send holiday cards to. Even the younger bloggers love being thanked today.
[clickToTweet tweet=”A simple thank you shows appreciation towards others. – Inspire To Thrive” quote=”A simple thank you shows appreciation towards others. – Inspire To Thrive” theme=”style2″]
Holiday Gifts for Clients as a way to Say Thank You
Why not take it a step further a send out a few holiday gifts for clients? Years ago many businesses used to send out calendars during December.
It was a way for people to remember them throughout the year. Eventually, the price of printing went up over the years and many businesses stopped sending calendars out.
Recently I found a company that does custom gift cards. I love how brands can put a logo on gift cards. You can really personalize them for your clients, fellow bloggers, team members, or co-workers.
It doesn’t have to be just for the holidays, it can be for birthdays and blog anniversaries!
Holiday Gift Cards
They also offer holiday cards that are unique. I really like this idea as you can offer them in any denomination. Furthermore, they can be sent anywhere in the world where Visa or MasterCard are accepted.
Imagine a fellow blogger or client receiving one of these cards from you? They will surely remember who you are years from now. Similarly, you will feel good acknowledging them!
Do You Really Need A Thank You Page on Your Blog?
What got me thinking about thanking readers was the time when I visited a blog post and commented. After I left the comment I wanted to share the post on social networks. But the post instead took me to a thank you page.
Really? Is that really necessary? Consequently, I didn’t have time to go back to the home page and figure out where the post was. It was a frustrating experience because I do like to share posts if I leave a comment on them.
Could the blogger have thanked me in other ways?
Here are 5 of My Favorite Ways to Say Thank You:
- Giveaways – Have giveaways for your readers on a monthly or seasonal time period. You could give away a product, a PayPal gift card, an eBook, etc.
- Comments – You can thank them in your comments and/or you can go comment on their blog.
- Free eBooks – Give away your eBook to those that subscribe to your blog. (Now thru Christmas sign up for email or push notification – Go to my contact me page and fill out the form and I’ll send you my eBook “Learn to Tweet and Thrive on Twitter” for FREE!
- Share your reader’s posts on the various social networks. And share more than one time! Fill up your Buffer or Hootsuite with their posts. Of course, be sure the posts you share are relevant to your niche too.
- Mention your readers in your future posts. People love to be mentioned on others’ blogs. Why not give them a mention if they are worthy of one in a future post?
- Finally, send them something like a gift card or special note. People today will love receiving something in the mail as it is not used often anymore today.
[clickToTweet tweet=”People today will love receiving something in the mail as it is not used often anymore today.” quote=”People today will love receiving something in the mail as it is not used often anymore today.” theme=”style2″]
Read How Other Bloggers Thank Their Readers:
@Lisapatb I say “thank you” 🙂 In audio, video, email and on social networks.
— Ileane Smith (@Ileane) March 20, 2014
@Lisapatb Interesting question. I try to show them I respect them by posting as consistently as I can. I try to acknowledge comments, too.
— Patrick Phillips (@patricksplace) March 20, 2014
@Lisapatb By visiting their blogs & commenting & sharing. I also thank them for doing the same for me too!
— Adrienne Smith (@AdrienneSmith40) March 20, 2014
— Ashley Faulkes (@madlemmingz) March 20, 2014
@Lisapatb Have a page implemented to thank ’em. Let them know I’m thankful for reading at the end of each post, plus in responses.
— Mayura De Silva (@MayuraDeSilva) March 20, 2014
— Tim Bonner (@timbo1973) March 23, 2014
More Thank You Quotes
The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” ~John E. Southard.
Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” ~ Alice Walker.
Feeling good about your life, but not expressing a heartfelt ‘thank you,’ is like wrapping a gift for someone and never giving it to them.” ~ Chip Conley
All in all, what do you think of that thank you page?
How do you thank others that you do business with online or offline?
I’d love to hear how you like to be thanked by other bloggers or clients in the comments below.
- Online Video Advertising: Why Your Small Business Needs Video - November 30, 2021
- Jarvis Ai Writing Tool – Easier & Faster Content Production - November 29, 2021
- 6 Ways How Not To Make Money Blogging and How to Make It - November 26, 2021