Facebook Page Posts – Who is Seeing Your Posts Now?

Facebook Page Posts – Are They Still Being Seen?Facebook Page Posts

Whether you are using Facebook as a business page or for your own personal use have you noticed that not everyone is seeing your Facebook page posts these days? What is the reason behind this Facebook algorithm change? It is not only exclusive to Facebook pages but to personal Facebook users too. Many users are not seeing their friends or family’s posts like they once used to. (I also posted on this back in 2013, it’s not the first Facebook algorithm change).

Facebook wants its users now to be ENGAGED. Not engaged to be married but engaged in the content with other Facebook users. If you are not engaging on Facebook with other users you will not see all their posts as you once had. What about likes? Likes are not scored as high as commenting in the Facebook feed.

What Can You Do Today To Help Your Facebook Page Posts Be Seen More?

Facebook Newsfeed Preferences

Facebook newsfeedHave you checked your latest Newsfeed Preferences?  You can follow or stop following pages you have followed since you began to use Facebook.

You can also change your preferences with people and with your groups. This is a great way to get rid of old groups and old friends you don’t really care to see posts from. You may have agreed to be friends years ago and then realized the stuff they post you really don’t care about. You can still remain friends though so don’t fret!

If you are not seeing things in your newsfeed that you would like to – be sure to follow them. Some Facebook pages changed their names over time too. Just another hint to check that out as you know how people change names today.

Facebook Ads

Facebook feed adsYou can also control which ads you now see in your Facebook feeds. This feature is really nice.

Do notice the 5 choices you have when you click on the down arrow near the ads. For the really annoying ads in  my Facebook feed I choose the first one – I don’t want to see this! For others I choose the 2nd as in this one highlighted in the sample to the right.

There are more options too for you like taking a survey so Facebook knows what type of ads you would or would not like to see in the future. Great feature, isn’t it?

Suspicious Facebook Posts

Did you know that you can report any suspicious Facebook posts that look like a scam? If you believe a post is a hoax you can easily report it to Facebook from the drop-down menu as the other posts I’ve shown here illustrate.

Are People Dropping Their Facebook Pages?

I read recently that Adrienne Smith decided to drop her Facebook page and concentrate using her personal Facebook account instead. Corina from NotNowYourMom’sBusy blog and ThisBusyLife blog are also considering dropping their Facebook Pages.  Have you thought about doing that too?

What’s a Blogger to Do About the Facebook Algorithm Change?

Facebook InsightsI like what the Huffington Post had to say about this: Bloggers: Stop, Breathe, and Don’t Overreact toFacebook’s Changes. Some of the Facebook Page Posts that bloggers repeatedly post are pushing out their own agendas, being overly promotional. That’s what Facebook wants to put a stop to. SO if you are doing that kind of posting on Facebook be aware.

Facebook Promoted Posts and Paid Ads

You must pay for those type of posts. I think we all need to relax with our Facebook Page insights and continue to post helpful and meaningful posts, mixed with fun, quotes and more. If you want to increase your Facebook page reach you can pay for promoted posts or likes for as little as $5 per day. It will make a difference for you for that day. You can check out my insights here above this paragraph. It is interesting to see how the Facebook page reach increased over 3,000%! And the Engagement over 300%! Not bad for a few dollars. If you really don’t want to spend any money then try the engagement with other Facebook pages. Just be sure to use your Facebook page to engage with them, not your personal Facebook account. I also recommend downloading the Pages Manager app for your Facebook page – great to use on the run on your mobile!

Use Your Facebook Page Insights

Facebook fans insightsPlease use your Facebook Insights for more guidance too! Take a look on when my fans are online. Sunday at noon seems to be the jackpot! (Does that mean my fans are not religious?) You can check more into insights for demographics, like which countries your fans are from, which gender and age and much more! Do pay attention to them to taylor your posts and schedule them to get the best results out of your Facebook page today!

New – Facebook Debuts Conversion Lift Measurement

This came about as I was finishing up this post. It was reported by Marketing Land. This will allow Facebook’s larger advertisers the ability to track online sales driven by Facebook ads. Advertisers must have a Facebook representative to have this new capability. So it’s really for the bigger players right now.

What will you do in the coming days ahead about your blog or business Facebook’s page?

Will you continue to keep it or get rid of it all together?

57 Responses to Facebook Page Posts – Who is Seeing Your Posts Now?

• Rahul Gupta says:

Must say a complete guide to facebook insights. It’s not an easy task for a non technical person to understand facebook insights but you have shared it in simple and easy to understand language. Thanks for sharing.

May be your fans using their mobile devices at Church? 😉

Excellent points on recent changes on Facebook. Since couple of months, I’ve noticed the more I engage, the more I find their posts on my newsfeed. I kinda like that algorithm. As I keep company with relatively small number of friends on Facebook, I haven’t had to block anyone or hide their posts though. Yet I don’t like not seeing important updates from the friends eventhough I don’t engage much.

When it comes to Facebook pages, I rarely like or comment now. But I’ve noticed more stories from the pages that I checked out more (clicked on their links), despite liking or commenting.

Further, if you check out a person or page but yet to friend or like, they seem to add to the friend / page suggestions on Facebook 🙂 Did you notice that?

Hmm… Actually, I’m not keeping up with Facebook by sending regular updates, but so far I don’t find a reason to ditch the Facebook page though. It’s interesting that more teens and youngsters come over to my blog via Facebook. Insights doesn’t seem to agree with that though 😉

Hope you are taking care of yourself there, Lisa 🙂 You’re in our thoughts indeed.

You’re never late to reply. Me? Yeah, I’m late to comment here though :mrgreen:

Mayura recently posted…How to Add Facebook Follow Button for Your WebsiteMy Profile

Hi Mayura, I had not thought of that possibility 🙂 I don’t like missing updates too, it can get frustrating at times.
      I have noticed that one, retargeting!
      I don’t plan on dropping mine as I want to see what Facebook will do next with the pages. I won’t know unless I have one….
      Thanks Mayura, making good use of my tablet now it works well with voice activation. Thanks for coming by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Marquita Herald says:

Well said. I’ve heard of a number of people who have dropped their pages recently. I haven’t (yet) but I’ve given up beating my head against the wall trying to build engagement. I update the page every day or so but the only reason I’m keeping it for now is that as an author I’m expected to have a page for my platform. I’ve participated a few times in group “blitz” events to build traffic and it works short term, but then it goes right down again and you have to constantly watch for the trouble makers who will try and post affiliate links during the blitz. As far as using my FB profile page – I have since I first joined FB. I’ve never used it for personal communication or images and when people share my blog posts it shows up there, so it’s a natural cross over. I have boosted a few posts, and run a couple of ads but have never felt the ROI was there.

One thing I DO like about Facebook is the groups. Takes awhile to find the right ones, but there’s lots of great engagement and support so I tend to focus most of my energy there.

Hi Marquita, yes the same here I am NOT ready to drop mine but will not go crazy over it either. Who knows when Facebook will make more changes with the pages. I have seen some of those crazy links too in the blitzs. Interesting on the groups , a few others mentioned that as well. I am in a few but I am afraid to get into too many and get overwhelmed. Thanks for coming by and sharing your input Marquita.

Hi Lisa. It’s been a while. A lot of stuff going on here on earth. I use F.B. Purity, which provides more viewing options than FB.
    Lauren recently posted…The Doctor App – Just Say, “Ah,” and Fog Up Your PhoneMy Profile

Welcome to Inspire To Thrive Nestor! Thank you, Oh yes, that good old great content. Doing the FB boosts really made some difference but you would have to budget carefully for them.
    Sorry for late reply Nestor, I was in a snowmobile accident last week and broke an arm in 3 places alomg with 10 ribs 🙁
    Lisa recently posted…Facebook Page Posts – Who is Seeing Your Posts Now?My Profile

• Nestor says:

Wow… this is an excellent post Lisa!

I always figured that Facebook was not showing my posts to my followers, this post just put everything into perspective.

Like you say, we shouldn’t worry to much about Facebook algorithms, we should put more focus on providing great content that our audience wants.

We always have the option of boosting our posts!

– Nestor

• Worli says:

Facebook done a survey a while back and asked users what they could do to improve. And found out that many users were not happy with too much promotional content in their news feeds. And they implemented an algorithm change effective January 2015. They made this change so that users can see more of what they want to see. I am not a Facebook fan though, but this is a welcome move 🙂

• vino says:

This is a really great post about Facebook. We hardly see people who is not using facebook. Even school going students have account on facebook. So, Facebook can be never avoided in our promotional strategies. Of course, these facebok insights are of a great help to know about our audience and their activities. I think facebook ads are worth trying but still not ad campaigns are equally benefited by facebook ads. Fashion and accessories ads are of a great sucess campaign and other services its better to go with adwords. Great post indeed

This is a great post and actually I think it should have been an eBook. Personally, I don’t look into the deeper levels of FB. I didn’t notice that I wasn’t see some posts and I’m glad you pointed it out to me in this post.

I really feel like this posts is a refresher course on Facebook and I appreciate that. I still do not know the initimate details of many thing and I don’t use it for a business page or business. Mainly my personal page and developing relationships like Adrienne, but I don’t have as much engagement. I have to definitely do something different with that.

I need to come back and re-read on the paid advertising. I definitely need more information on this.

Thanks for a great post.
    Barbara
    Barbara Charles recently posted…The Three Laws Of BloggingMy Profile

Thank you Barbara. That’s something I’m always hearing is,”didnt you see my post on this and that, etc
      ‘. Many I hadn’t seen in my feed for weeks til I started to comment on theirs. People were disappearing it seemed. Even more so with the business page. Amazing what $5 could do for that.

Glad it was useful for you, sorry for last response but was in snowmobile accident. Have a great rest of the week there Barbara!

• Hiten Vyas says:

Thank you for this post. I maintain a Facebook page and I really don’t understand what Facebook is doing behind the scenes of it. The insights you’ve shared in your posts are really helpful. Thank you.

• Hey Lisa,

You know I have to treat my facebook page as i did with twitter to engage more. So as i did with the twitter, I just installed the Pages Manager app on my phone to check it everyday. This push me to pay attention to my page since I’m always checking my phone anyways. I have to do with whatever works.

With engaging on facebook, I’ve gotten better than years past, but I can definitely do better. I usually don’t post anything, but I would comment on other posts as well as like it. But it’s good to know I’m doing what matters more to facebook which is commenting.

I haven’t been checking on insight, but then again I haven’t been going to my page, but I will more often since I just installed the app. This will be a more productive year for me I believe, and facebook will be part of it!

Thanks for sharing these valuable tips and facts Lisa! You have a great weekend!
    Sherman Smith recently posted…Are You Being Held Back Because Of Not Being Clear About Your Goals?My Profile

Hi Sherman, you are welcome. I love the app, makes it easy to check on the run. Insights offer a wealth of info so I do hope you start to use
      them. Sorry for late response but been dealing with back to back snowstorms in the East here. Have a great rest of the week.

• Irish Carter

What a great post. It helped me understand some things a bit better. Facebook really drives me crazy but at the same time, it is where so much of my engaging goes on for me. I know others have been talking about dropping facebook pages but i just cant do it. I put a lot of work into building the page and the thought of losing those followers gets to me. What if I dropped it and then facebook changes again? Because you know they will, right?

I do like what you shared about how to get rid of your old groups you don’t use anymore. I actually just did some of that last week. I suppose I could go through the likes as well on my personal page. Thanks for sharing such helpful tips. You rock Lisa.

Irish
    Irish Carter recently posted…The Newest trend in the office – Getting rid of the chair and office butt – healthier living!My Profile

Hi Irish, thank you. Me too, I am not dropping mine as things may change again as you believe too.
      We just have to be ready to go along with all the changes, be aware and adjust. Thanks for coming by and you are welcome. Enjoy the rest of your week.

• Rohan Bhardwaj

Interesting post.

Facebook has changed a lot and I am not into it now because of it’s algorithm. I am not against ads on facebook, but if my normal posts needs to be promoted to be seen by my fans then I am not going to do that.

Anyway, it is how everything is. Uncertain, we need to accept and change our way of working

For me, I prefer linkedin and twitter over facebook.

Take care Lisa.
    Rohan Bhardwaj recently posted…Katy Perry- Super Bowl PerformanceMy Profile

Hi Rohan, I too prefer Twitter over Facebook but I will not leave Facebook either. Facebook has the largest amount of users. (Even though we cannot reach them all) it will be interesting to see what other changes will come about in 2015.
      Thanks for taking the time to comment here and have a great day!

Hi Rohan, I prefer Twitter as well over Facebook. I will not quit Facebook as things may change again. Thanks for coming by and taking the time to comment. Enjoy the rest of the week!

• Mitch Mitchell

I have to admit that I didn’t have a clue how to get to any of that stuff… well, that’s not quite accurate. Other than Insights, which I hadn’t seen in way over a year, I didn’t even know the other stuff existed. So I just trooped over there, found all these things, made some changes, and we’ll see what happens.

Well, other than my business Facebook page. It’s showing reach of less than 10 people for each thing I post, which is disappointing. The one post I paid for as an experiment said it reached about 195 people, but not a single person commented on it or liked it, which made me wonder what “reach” actually means.

Oh well… 🙁
    Mitch Mitchell recently posted…Courage; Can You Be Courageous?My Profile

Hi Mitch. I’m glad you learned a few new things from this post. I’ll be curious to know how those changes work out for you too Mitch. Mine too on the business page unless I promote the posts for $5. Excellent point, I got hundreds of reach but a handful of comments. I wonder if you divide those up to get an “actual” reach? Something else to research, thanks for making me think even more Mitch. I hope you have a great Sunday! Welcome to February as well!
      Lisa recently posted…Facebook Page Posts – Who is Seeing Your Posts Now? My Profile

• Akaahan Terungwa

Happy New Year!

The explanations here are illuminating and I must say I learnt a thing or two…blocking off some nasty ads is something (for instance) which I never gave a thought to.

About my business page, I’m most certainly going to keep it. This is because my audience hangs on FB more than all the other social networks combined. In addition, I get really cool results when I boost a post with as little as $5. So, in essence, I’ll not be spending too much time with the page – but will most certainly be using it for promotional content – on a frequent basis.

Do make the day great!

Always,
    Akaahan Terungwa
    Akaahan Terungwa recently posted…Affiliate Marketing Can Make You Rich In Nigeria – Abdullahi Tosin MuhammedMy Profile

• Enstine Muki

Excellent points you raised in this post Lisa. Some details I never realized. That shows you have really been keen to these changes and thanks for bringing it to our notice.

I stopped posting to one of my pages of about 3000 fans because of poor engagement in recent times. I used to have over 300 reaches before but recently, sometimes not even up to 20 so I was beginning to wonder what the problem has been. I never took time to find out though 😉 Now I think you answered my worries so I’ll go back and see what to do about it.

BTW thanks for purchasing my premium post. I need to send your 1000 bonus broadedNet credits.

Do have a wonderful weekend
    Enstine Muki recently posted…20 Top Bloggers & their blogs to follow in 2015!My Profile

Thanks Enstine. Oh yes, I do always try to keep up on the social media sites and the changes that happen on them regularly. It’s a fast paced changing world there online. I’m at 375 and you are right – if you don’t pay to promote the odds of 10 or more seeing them are slim. You are welcome, it intrigued me. Thanks for coming by Enstine and I hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

Yes there is so much controversy regarding FB and ads and who sees what. I’ve always resisted doing a Fan Page. I’m not a big social media person even though I’m on FB. I felt that it required so much additional work to manage two pages (one person and one Fan Page), so I oft for my own personal page.

I don’t know a lot about what FB is doing as I only use FB for social interaction and don’t really worry about business although everyone has told me that social media is important. I just find it a waste of time.

Anyway, only my opinion and your information only makes me feel more of the same. Glad you explained all this to me because I really didn’t know the debt of the controversy.

I do love the groups that are on FB and I do most of my work in our commenting groups. That’s what I find very effective on FB as we can work with people and develop relationships.

Great post. I needed some of this info as I really didn’t have a clue about some of this stuff.

Regards,
    Barbara
    Barbara Charles recently posted…7 Immediate Great Ways To Get Traffic To Your BlogMy Profile

Hi Barbara, I’m glad I could shed some light on this one for you. You may be better off not having done a Facebook page and just use your personal one like Adrienne. I hate to quit on the one I set up so I continue one for now. Time will tell though. How many groups are you in Barbara? Our comment group is the only one I visit regularly. It’s just a time issue to me. Thought if I dropped the page I could save a few minutes per day. I hope you have a great Sunday and new week ahead Barbara. I appreciate your taking the time to comment on this post.

• Ryan Biddulph

Lisa I feel Facebook doing’s a good job inspiring us to clean up shop 😉 We pick out engaged friends, let go the rest and clean up our feeds so that we make social media, social. Otherwise it just becomes a numbers name. I’ve let go social largely; I mean I do network a little here and there but focus on writing my posts and connecting through blog commenting these days.

Thanks for the smart share Lisa!

Ryan
    Ryan Biddulph recently posted…13 Tips for Becoming a Full Time Travel BloggerMy Profile

Hi Ryan, Yes – that’s the good part about this recent change as too many people get over promotional with their Facebook posts. Have you noticed a change since you let go of social and do more commenting Ryan? I bet you save yourself some time too, right? Thanks for coming by and sharing your input on this topic. Hope you are enjoying the weekend and newly married life!

• Gail Gardner

Maybe your fans get home from church around noon or they observe the actual Sabbath rather than the church designated day? Facebook has never been my favorite place to hangout except for a couple groups I love. As far as I know we can see all posts made in a group. As for brands I actually buy, I created a list and added all the organic small brands. That way I see all the content and discounts they offer by clicking into my list. It makes it easy to find out if they are running a special when I have money to spend.
    Gail Gardner recently posted…Increase Website Traffic Automatically Using Your Own Best ContentMy Profile

Thanks for this great write up about Facebook’s latest changes. I had noticed I wasn’t getting a lot of views on my Facebook page. I’m still debating whether to take down my page or not. I’ve joined a couple of facebook groups and not only are we sharing our posts but we’re engaging on them as well. It’s helped but it’s extra work.

I don’t have to worry about over promoting my blog…sometimes I forget to share my own stuff LOL. I even tried paying to promote one of my posts after I read how it went for you but it got kicked back. I never tried again after that.

While your fans view your page at noon on Sundays, mine prefer the nighttime. I get more views from 6pm to 10 pm on Tuesdays 🙂

I like some of their new features, I just wish they’d allow more of our posts to be viewed on the feed. I guess that’s their way of making it up to us :).

Great post Lisa. I’m going to be sharing this for sure. Hope you’re having a great week.
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Earn Rewards When You Use Bing Search BrowserMy Profile

Hi Corina, oh, thank you! I’m going to hold steady at the moment. Glad you mentioned groups as Brenda did. I imagined it would be extra work 🙁 I do that too Corina, instead of the 80/20 rule sometimes I do the 95/5 rule, eek! I do like paying for promoted posts or likes, it does generate more but I would not do it on a steady basis and go broke. Interesting how our fans are different Corina.
      Thanks for your input Corina on this and I appreciate your shares! I can’t believe tomorrow is already Friday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

Yeah, I thought about it long and hard before making the decision to stop posting on my business page. I only have about 800 fans, a little more but I didn’t want to waste a lot of time getting fans only to learn that Facebook was limiting who could see your posts unless you started paying more.

Now for those eager to build up that base I can see why it would be beneficial for them but I get more interaction on my personal page which is what I prefer. I also keep forgetting to switch to the admin for my page when commenting or liking other pages so that has messed me up as well.

I don’t run contests or set up landing pages to drive people to my fan page. I’d prefer to drive them to my blog and that’s why I’ve made the decision I have.

I still enjoy Facebook although I’ve yet to be consistent there since coming back from vacation. Way too much on my plate at the moment with outside issues and appointments to deal with and haven’t been online as much as I had hoped. Once Feburary hits though I’m hoping that will all change.

Thanks for including me in this post and hope you’re enjoying your week.

Adrienne recently posted…Magical Monday: Traffic, Passion, Twitter, SSL Cert, GiveawayMy Profile

Hi Adrienne, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I’m sure you did think long and hard on your decision. You do not make quick changes. I think it’s wise that you use your personal Facebook and don’t overshare your blog or promotional stuff. I think of you as the Question Lady on Facebook 🙂
      I bet you are full to the brim right now Adrienne with your house projects and your new products and everything else you do. You are welcome and I hope your week has been well too. Enjoy the upcoming weekend!

• donna merrill

I do have to say that I am doing well on my FB Page. I get tons of engagement via a 7 day challenge I am on and use that to engage with new people. Of course only 20% of the time I give a CTA to one of my apps on the side that has my product on it. I’m having great results so far.

I do boost a post for five bucks now and then to get a stronger reach and when I do, there is engagement on it. I also have done FB ads. Narrowing down a target market was so great to do and it was a big hit! For me anyway lol

I look at the insights once in a while and see what is popular or not. But for me, I’m still on Facebook because of one of the marketing strategies I’m using.

As far as engagement goes…it is mostly on my page. That’s what’s happening on my end. I know I’m not the popular gal in this classroom, but wanted to share.

donna merrill recently posted…Earn More Affiliate CommissionsMy Profile

Hi Donna, very interesting. What is the 7 day challenge? I do the $5 boost too and have liked it but don’t want to do it on a regular basis. Right now you are the most popular gal Donna 🙂 Do you do groups as well? Brenda brought up a good point on groups and I wonder if that’s away around some others doing pages. With the massive amounts of people on Facebook I do believe it’s a place one must be but how is the question now 🙂 Thanks for coming by and sharing your story with us!

• Ellen M. Gregg

Lisa, your timing is impeccable!
    I’ve been stepping further and further away from Facebook, as a whole, because the time I spend there is pretty much fruitless (that is, mindless and time-sucking), and the changes in who is seeing my Facebook posts – including those that are straight-up engagement-oriented posts – has diminished dramatically over the past couple of months.
    It isn’t so much disheartening as it is eye-opening. I’m viewing it as an invitation (spurred on by a class I started yesterday on soft addictions (ahem, Facebook, ahem)) to “Let It Go.” <-There's your earworm for the day. You're welcome. 😉
    Have a terrific Thursday, dearie!

Good to know Ellen 🙂 Are you speaking of your page only or your personal Facebook account too? I wonder if groups, like Brenda mentioned is a way around it? Are you involved in many groups on Facebook? I’m in a few for blogging but find it overwhelming and dropped several last week as I was researching this topic. Thanks for your input Ellen and I like your “let it go!” Sometimes it’s a good response! Have a great Friday and weekend ahead Ellen.

• Debbie D.

Hi Lisa; Interaction has definitely declined on all fronts. 🙁 I still use the Facebook page for sharing my posts and also have it set up to post Tweets, so other people’s material is shared there as well. Every once in awhile, there’s a “like” or a comment, but, since I’m not really in this for the money, I don’t worry about it that much. Just as an experiment, I paid for a few posts and it did get a couple more people to like the page. Not worth it, but I’ll just carry on as before.
    Debbie D. recently posted…#AtoZChallenge 2015: WHAT I LEARNED FROM LAST YEARMy Profile

• Bren Lee

Hi Lisa! Great post!

I know there’s a huge buzz about this on the interweb. I don’t like have FB wants to have the upperhand on how we connect with our fans and friends. As someone who has a brand group and page, I’ve found the group gets a lot more interaction. The updates also show up in your feed regardless if people visit your page or not. At least for my niche, I have found it effective. As a matter of fact, I’m getting ready to create and open group for my new site Just Like A Fine Wine. I’d really like to see the difference it will make with a new site as well as my old one.

Some people are saying using FB pages are a waste in itself and that we should focus more on G+ brand pages. I would really love to see stats on this one!

Gladly passing your post along Lisa. Btw, will you be ditching your fan page in the future?

B
    Bren Lee recently posted…To Be A #VeteranMy Profile

Hi Bren, thank you. I’ve thought about groups but joining or starting another group makes my head spin at the moment. I will have to see if others are finding them really useful too. I don’t think I will ditch my page just yet. But maybe when time allows I may start a group page. Just not sure if I want to administer one or join another. So many groups I’m on with LinkedIn and Google Plus too. I don’t want to be spread too thin and miss things. I’d love to know more how your group page goes and if there are insights for it as well. Thanks Brenda for your contribution here on this topic. Have a great Friday coming up soon!