Have you ever had to overcome social media burnout? Not everyone has felt it but many users have over the past several years. There are just so many hours in the day.
It has become so easy to get caught up in social media for many of these hours.
However, this also means the quality of the content you create for social as well as what you share as you engage with your audience. It’s a lot of time that is spent creating the content as well as time engaging on each of the networks for you or your business.
If you begin to get burnt out managing social media you may become lazy and your work will suffer.
I’ve asked other bloggers if they ever suffered from it and how they overcame it. You may find their answers quite interesting and helpful.It has become so easy to get caught up in social media for many of these hours. #socialmediaburnout Click To Tweet
What is Burnout?
Burnout Definition: “The physical or mental collapse caused by overwork or stress.” It’s the feeling of being exhausted.
Too much of anything can cause us to burn out.
Some Just Plan Quit!
Did you read the article about the 18-year-old blogger girl who just quit social media? She had over 500,000 followers on Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr. The girl realized she started to feel miserable watching the numbers on her screen daily.
She was checking her numbers obsessively and felt much better after she quit. She talks about being obsessive on social media which made her feel worse about herself.
Now, you may be able to relate to her if you are on social media much of the time.
She was able to overcome social media burnout but NOT everyone in the business can quit their social media accounts. But BALANCE is key here!
Tips to Overcome Social Media Burnout
So I asked several people how they overcome social media burnout. Some bloggers actually have not experienced it. One common thing to note:The ones that did not suffer from social media burnout usually stay off it on the weekends. Click To Tweet
That tip seemed to resonate with most users. Even those that did not suffer from social media burnout would take weekends off. It seems to be the most common tip among social media users.
Do you go on social media 7 days a week or do you also take the weekends off?
Check out these great tips below from other bloggers. Learn how they overcame social media burnout or have avoided it altogether.
Additional Tips to Overcome Social Media
- Shut OFF your mobile notifications. These can literally increase your heartbeat and get you fired up. Turn them off and stay relaxed on the weekend and other times you need them.
- Leave your phone home. I did a few weeks ago and it felt like such freedom. I enjoyed the time away and no one could reach me, life went on. Nothing happened.
- Shut the computer OFF. Yep, just turn it off. You may enjoy the time not being online or on the computer.
- Take a VACATION – A novel idea, right? IF you work a day job you take a vacation, so why not a vacation away from social media?
- Keep a TIMER handy – Yes, an old fashion timer or one on your computer. Give yourself 20-30 minutes on social media and end it when the timer goes off.
Tip #2 from Kevin J. Duncan
Bonus Tips for You
Have you suffered from this type of burnout?
Were you able to overcome social media burnout or do YOU still suffer from it at times?
I’d love to know more in the comments below on how you deal with social media burnout.
I too have suffered from this after being on for over a decade. Now, I take time away from my smartphone and lower notification sounds in the evening to avoid the social media burnout I’ve suffered in the past.
Today I can understand why many social media managers do not do social media for themselves or their company as they are overwhelmed.
Having the right tool, like Agorapulse, has really helped me overcome it! This tool has saved me lots of time and made managing social media much easier. Try it out today for free!
- Use These 10 Social Media Tips to See Faster Checkout Results - September 29, 2022
- Why It’s Easier to Succeed With Link Building Services - September 29, 2022
- 6 Ways to Improve and Market an Online Course That Isn’t Selling - September 28, 2022