Many Twitter Followers Can Spread Your Tweets Further Into Twitterland

Engagement Vs. Many Twitter Followers

Engagement rules on Twitter right? I’ve always said that and still believe it fully. But what if your tweet go re-tweeted by someone who had many Twitter followers? What would happen? I had seen it happen a few times and stored it in my memory, but when I saw it again yesterday I thought I would share the action that follows it for you. Of course I did a little more research since and found more examples to share with you below that you may really enjoy. (Note the re-shares.) These may get you so excited to pump up your Twitter action today, start getting many twitter followers and your tweets tweeted further info Twitterland.

Notice how fast 5 retweets came from Charity’s re-tweet?  In a matter of seconds I saw 5 retweets appeared. I checked all the profiles and saw how many followers she had and realized what just happened. She had many Twitter followers!

“Engagement may rule on Twitter but having many Twitter followers can sure help.”  This this!

Who Started The Chain Reaction With Re-Tweets?

When someone has 50,000 followers or more like Charity something happens. It becomes like a snowball in action. One tweet gets retweeeted and then another and another. Before you know it you have 5 retweets in no time flat. I am a big fan of engagement, don’t get me wrong! BUT if you have a small following with high engagement how will that tweet snowball into more? Unless you have that engagement with someone with a lot of followers it won’t reach all of Twitterland, not even a fraction of it. Having many followers does help achieve that but it takes time. There is no easy pass!

How To Simply Get Yourself (More) Many Twitter Followers

1. Be Active on Twitter – Sounds so simple but it is not always the case for many people. Be sure to have a mobile app if you are on the go. Use tools like the Buffer, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck or other hundreds of tools out there to keep you connected.
  2. Follow Great People in Your Niche – Follow and re-tweet. Don’t be afraid to engage with them. If they don’t ever follow back put them in a list. Lists are a great way to highlight awesome peeps, keep you focused on Twitter and it also keeps a great follow ratio for you. Check out how I see who has unfollowed or who has not been on Twitter for months. No need to follow folks who are not active.
  3. Always Engage – You must engage! If someone tweets you or RT’s you – respond. Thank them. Show them the LOVE. It’s never to late to respond, of course the sooner the better. I’m always grateful for a response even if some consider it late.
  4. Have A Eye Catching Profile – Be sure to include keywords and something personal about yourself on your profile. I love weather and have included “wanna be meteorologist.” I will tweet about weather during weather events. Always use YOUR Photo, never use an egghead or goofy image. Keep it real!
  5. Change Up your Tweets – Don’t just tweet links, tweet some quotes, tweet with images, and most of all have some fun so you stay engaged. Once you get the hang of it you will NOT get bored tweeting. You will make friends from all of the world to engage with.
  6. Don’t Give Up! – To  grow a large Twitter following it takes time. It is like planting seeds. Keep on planting, watering and fertilizing and eventually the followers will come. Too many people give up way too soon.
  7. One Last Note – Buying followers is never a great idea – they don’t last and may not be targeted. I’ve read many bloggers rave about TweetAdder but I’ve seen several (not all) of them not engaging on Twitter. I tweeted to them more than once as a test and they never responded. That’s not how I would want to grow my following – how about you?

3 More Samples of the Power of Many Twitter Followers

I still believe engagement is key on Twitter but I wanted to share that having many Twitter followers does make a difference in getting your stuff shared out there.

What are you finding that works best for you on Twitter? Did these examples get you excited?

Please drop me a comment below.

Want to learn more?
Sign up for my newsletter and get the FREE Tweeting Like It’s Second Nature eBook Today!

Watch for a revised edition in 2014.

She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!

91 Responses to Many Twitter Followers Can Spread Your Tweets Further Into Twitterland

• Lisa, that must have been so much fun! :-) I’ve had similar experiences, although on a smaller scale, when sharing recipes. It’s amazing how it can escalate in such a short amount of time. I foresee more of the same for you. Your content is so helpful!

Thanks for all you do to keep us educated and motivated! :-)
    Ellen M. Gregg recently posted…Make the Most of Every Merry MomentMy Profile

Congratulations on that girlfriend! Isn’t that exciting! After reading your post I sure am motivated to be more social! I just went back to Hootsuite Pro so I can access my social media accounts for both accounts. You’re right in that it makes it so much easier to be accessible.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day. The University of Phoenix retweeted a post and got several retweets from that. I checked their profiles and they had thousands of followers…that was awesome to see.

Thanks for sharing these tips. Engagement is still key because that’s what gets the RTs and Shares rolling by our Tweeps with thousands of Twitter Followers.

You are the Queen of Twitter girlfriend! No one rolls out Twitter advice like you do! Have a great Thursday! Stay warm!
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Swagbucks Makes It Fun To Earn Money OnlineMy Profile

• Theodore Nwangene

This is a very interesting topic and I agree with all the points you made.

Twitter is one of the best and most effective social media sites out there and, it can really get you lots of traffic and exposure if you do know how best to use it.

I also agree with the case of following and having many Twitter followers because, the more you have them, the more your tweets will be spread.

I use an awesome tool called manage flitter to manage my Twitter account thereby unfollowing the people that are not active and those that are not following me back.

But, in a situation where you followed a very popular person with lots of followers and they didn’t follow you back, what will you do?

Thanks for sharing Lisa.

Thanks Theodore, That one is good tool – manage filter. I’ve used it in the past. There are so many and we all have our favorites I think. With those type of peeps Theodore I would put them in a list. Make a creative name for a list for them and add others like them. Continue to re-tweet some of their relevant stuff and try to engage. That’s about the best you can do. Maybe mention them in a post and embed a tweet and let them know. Comment on their posts. I hope that helps Theodore and love to know how you make out with it in a few weeks, okay?
      Lisa recently posted…Many Twitter Followers Can Spread Your Tweets Further Into TwitterlandMy Profile

• Karen Hoyt

Lisa,

Wow. I just got my eyes opened on this one. I love to tweet. It’s fun to see what people are up to and I learn SO much when I click links of friends. Like you advised, I have the app on my phone. Now when I’m on a break, waiting in line, or just anytime – it’s easy to see what everyone is up to.

I did not realize how important ratios were or about lists. When you added me to your list, I followed the link here!
    Your writing style is so fun and easy to follow. Thanks for putting great content out that is so useful for a newbie.
    Have an awesome day!
    Karen
    Karen Hoyt recently posted…The Ins and Outs of LifeMy Profile

Nice to see you here Karen! I know you via Twitter my friend. I love that waiting in line, sure makes the time fly right by and no more getting upset or tense about a wait. Ratio’s are good if you get into Sponsored Tweets or are looking for advertisers on your blog, etc. I’m glad you find it easy to follow Karen. I do try to keep it simple. I remember when I first started on my online journey and was learning things. I needed things to be SIMPLE. So I try to that for my readers here. I hope you have a great rest of the week and weekend ahead. See you back on Twitter Karen.

• Susan Neal

Thanks for this inspirational post, which encourages me to persist with my tweeting endeavours. My following’s only growing very slowly and I must admit I don’t do enough social stuff on there – I enjoy it when I do, it’s just finding the time for it!

Thanks for another great share, Lisa – I agree with Corina, you’re definitely the Twitter Queen :)
    Susan Neal recently posted…How Keeping a Journal Transformed My LifeMy Profile

I’ve been using TweetAdder for a while now and I’ve grown my Twitter followers from about 800 in mid September to 1,367 today by using it.

I know people that have increased theirs much more quickly by using it. I just don’t want to be too agressive about building followers!

I’m also using HootSuite to connect in real time. I completely agree it’s important to engage and thank your followers. Get to know as many as you can. How people do that when theyv’e got 50,000 followers I have no idea!

I’ve just invested in Nimble too. It’s a CRM that integrates with HootSuite. Finally, I also now subscribe with a business account to EverPost.

By doing all of those things, I’ve increased my Klout score from 54 to 59 in the same timeframe as growing my Twitter followers.

I do think having images in your Tweets can really help and that’s what I plan to start doing more of, at least within reason.

Thank you for sharing some valuable advice Lisa that I know many people will find very useful indeed!

Have a great weekend.

Tim
    Tim Bonner recently posted…Sponsored Post: How Does Guest Crew Work? The Guest Crew Guide [infographic]My Profile

Hi Tim, well you are NOT one of those that does not respond on Twitter with it. Good idea not to be too aggressive as Twitter could put you in their “jail.” I gain aobut 50-100 per every 2 weeks doing nothing but engaging with various folks there and getting to know some bloggers in my niche etc. I think when you have 50,000 the lists become imperative. With over 7200 followers now I use them often myself. Oh I do remember reading about Nimble, do you really like it? Yes, images are wonderful there. I always look at tweets with them more. You are welcome Tim and have yourself a great weekend with the snow there. Still just rain here though the temps have gone from 60 to 35 overnight.

I’m just really starting out with Nimble but I’m finding it useful to sort out who I communicate with and who I don’t.

I think it will be invaluable l in the future if and when I decide to offer any products or paid services.

For now, it’s a really useful tool to help me connect with the right people and not forget about the people I speak to the most on social media.

It also links in nicely to HootSuite and Gmail.

I’m jealous about the snow. Ours went as soon as it arrived. The temperature has risen steadily the last couple of days.

The river running through the town was close to bursting its banks a few days ago and a couple of the bridges across were closed.

The trouble is, I live on one side and the school where my kids go is over the other side! We just managed to get back across before they closed them!
        Tim Bonner recently posted…Building A Niche Site: Earnings Update Part 2My Profile

Hi Tim, Interesting on Nible. I will have to check it out more. I still like using Tweepi, it shows where they are located, the last time they tweeted and if they are still following you or NOT. I have to get back into Hootsuite, it sounds like they have more features of late too. Our snow melted but we are supposed to be getting more today like 1-3″ . That doesn’t sound good about the rivers Tim, stay safe there and have a great rest of the week.

• Hi Lisa, awesome one you did on many twitter followers spreading your tweets.

The tips you outlined here for getting many tweeter followers are really great. Been active in tweeter is a key thing that I ignored over some time now.

But from your article, I understand that it plays a major role in increasing your followers.

Thanks for sharing this awesome post.
    Philip.
    Okechukwu Philip recently posted…Welcome-Introduction To Action BloggingMy Profile

• Shannon

Absolutely agree, Lisa. You need both to really hit that sweet spot. Engagement is absolutely important but even better if you have an active, large following. I’ve had a couple of tweets that were retweeted with someone with a very large twitter base and the number of RTs their original RT created was huge (at least for me!) And it brought a number of new visitors to my blog, which is even more important. I’ve slowed down on actively looking for new people to follow and I need to get back to doing that as well.
    Shannon recently posted…Blog Round-Up: Week of December 2, 2013My Profile

• Carol B

So true Lisa! And after reading this, I realize I need to do more work in the Twitter world, Sometimes I admit I get overwhelmed by all the social media I am on. No excuse though. Thanks for reminding me to pay a little closer attention to my Twitter feed.
    Carol B recently posted…Traveling At Christmas? Tips To Help Santa Find Your Family!My Profile

• Tanya

I definitely need to up my twitter game. :) I’ve only dipped my toe in it but I can definitely see it’s power. And pinterest has a lot of social media power for me too. I need to figure out where I get the most bang for my buck, so to speak, and really dig in and become an expert. Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.
    Tanya recently posted…Bacon Peanut Chocolate ClustersMy Profile

• Michael Belk

Lisa I believe in engagement as well. I have never seen these type of stats. I just assumed Facebook was dominating every age group, but not so when you look at the numbers.

Nice article. Thanks for the info.
    Michael Belk recently posted…Metal detectors in schools are a form of window dressing.My Profile

Man, that’s such a good feeling when that happens isn’t it! I haven’t had that happen on a large scale but a few times I’ve had quite a few. I also share images, quotes and some good information every day and that gets shared a lot as well. You also know me, I’m always chatting it up with people. I just wish I had more time on all the sites.

That’s so cool to have someone with that kind of following share your tweets. That’s when you know what you’re doing is spot on.

Keep it up girl and thanks for reiterating the fact that we need to be social on social media! It most definitely does work.

Have a great weekend and stay warm.

Adrienne recently posted…Warning: Some Backlinks Can Harm Your BlogMy Profile

Hi Adrienne, It is a good feeling :) I love how the images are now showing up in that Twitter stream, either via Twitter cards or ones you insert yourself on Twitter – they sure make me pay more attention at them. Yes, we have to be there not just sending out automatic stuff 24/7. They have their own place as I do use Buffer and Triberr. I hope you have a nice weekend Adrienne and maybe get car shopping? It is getting colder here this weekend..

• Nate Leung

Having read this post, reminds me that Twitter is an outlet that I need to be utilizing more often. I think by default most of us (not all) like to use Facebook as a social media outlet to engage but what I’ve come to realize over the past year is that Twitter can give you traffic that Facebook cannot give you. The way I see it is that all social media sites are created differently. All engagements will be different, audiences will be different as well. It’s always a good idea to play within the rules of the playground if you decide to grow your social media following. Great post Lisa! Love it!
    Nate Leung recently posted…Major Personality Traits Exhibited By Great LeadersMy Profile

• Maggie

I got a lot of Twitter followers by simply following other people. Then I use JustUnfollow.com to keep track if they follow back or not. You can unfollow anyone who doesn’t follow you back, but I always wait about a week before doing that to give them a chance to see if they want to follow you or not. Some people don’t follow back, but I whitelist them because I want to see their tweets anyway. Thanks for good tips Lisa! I am going to try the list idea for sure!
    Maggie recently posted…Save $700-800 Every Year: 5 Easy TipsMy Profile

• Anoop Sudhakaran says:

I have always tried to avoid engaging on Twitter. Used to automate posting to Twitter. Now I think its time to start concentrating on it. :)

Thanks for the Article.

• Lisa am still building my twitter following so I haven’t gotten to a situation where I will get 31 retweet for a single tweet. Wow I would love that. It takes time though and I know I will surely get there soon.

What thing have come to know about twitter though is that quality engagement will increase your followers quickly. That’s why it’s important that when you read a post by someone on twitter, you should write a unique tweet and that person would love it.

Thanks for sharing this article
    Peter Kanayo recently posted…Don’t Provide Quality Content: Provide Content Your Audience Raves AboutMy Profile

• Jeevan Jacob John

At this point of time, I don’t have much to measure, in terms of twitter success. Almost of all the stuff I share are content from other blogs, rest are either quotes, questions or my thoughts/observations.

I don’t get that many RTs (most of the ones I have get these days are for the quotes I share). As for my strategy, I strategy right now is spreading my tweets throughout the day (and sharing more stuff when most of my followers are online – Tweriod helps me with that). In the past, I have participated in Twitter chats and have got good results with it; I am planning to get back to it, once I launch my blog.

Anyways, thank you for the tips, Lisa :) Appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

• Cole Wiebe says:

I would agree that strategic engagement with a smaller audience is almost always more effective than circulating a more generic message to a large network. It’s when you don’t have the time to interact much that the leverage of a larger audience can really pay dividends.

– Cole

• Debbie

Hi Lisa; Thanks for sharing your Twitter expertise! I’ve been on Twitter about a year now and must confess to lack knowledge of its finer points. I always try to make sure to thank people for sharing posts and also try to share as many posts by others as possible. Difficult to find the time sometimes……As for posts going “viral” (is that the right word?), I’ve seen it happen with one of mine on Stumbleupon. Somebody popular must have shared it and now it gets multiple views every day. None of them come by to comment though, but I figure any exposure is good, yes?
    Cheers,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted…THE SEASON IS UPON US!My Profile

Hi Debbie, so many people think Stumble Upon is great for views but let me tell you this – the bounce rate tends to be very high, that’s why you are not getting comments. I do not use it often anymore because of that. A high bounce rate can be a bad signal to Google and effect your ranking and exposure online. I would spend more time via Twitter and eventually you will see it pay off big Debbie. Sharing is key and enteracting too. Do you use lists? I find them very helpful. You can focus on folks just for travel or just for dogs, etc. And that way you don’t have to follow them all. You can pick and choose more. Also Triberr is a great tool to use with Twitter for your blog. I believe you are on it. I visit there daily and am a member of 60 tribes. That too took years to build upon. And in the beginning I didn’t see any difference but I stuck with it and it paid off as well. Have a great Sunday ahead Debbie and see you back on Twitter.

• Geri Richmond says:

I believe that the possibilities of being seen on Twitter are greater than one might think. Your example is right on and I’ve seen it happen.

It’s very exciting but, I love Twitter anyhow. Have already met some incredible people and bloggers.

Thanks for the informative post.

Geri Richmond

Hi Geri, yes, I would agree with your statement too. I don’t understand why some people just stick to Facebook with their new algorithm changes when they can get so much more exposure over on Twitter. I hope Twitter does not change their ways. It’s really good the way it is, wouldn’t you agree Geri? Thank you for coming by and welcome to Inspire to Thrive. Have a wonderful day.

• Geri Richmond says:

I totally agree with you. I hope they leave Twitter alone. :lol: Every time something is great, someone decides to re-invent the wheel.

It’s funny, I used to not like Twitter, but, I’ve met so many awesome people while tweetin, that I’ve totally done a 360 degree turn around.

Nice meeting you, Lisa. Looking forward to having more conversations.

• Hello Lisa,

Retweets are a great way to drive insane traffic especially retweets by influential people with a lot of followers in your niche.

Usually, what I do to get that magic effect is always to reply or tweet directly to an amazing person I am following and ask him a question. In that question, I cleverly embed my tweet! I do this when that person is online and has just tweeted something relating to one of my recent posts.

Thanks for sharing the awesome power of twitter and retweets. Do have a great day!

– Terungwa
    Akaahan Terungwa recently posted…THE DEATH OF NELSON MANDELA (AND HIS LIFE): LESSONS IN GREATNESSMy Profile

• Reginald

Oh yes, you are absolutely right. I still remember getting a few shares on Twitter by some peeps who had over 50k followers. The ROI was insane and it goes a long way!

Great write and of course, wonderful images too!
    Reginald recently posted…Blog Engage: RSS Syndication and Blog Marketing ServicesMy Profile

• It was definitely a nice surprise…it doesn’t have too often so I savor those moments :).

I haven’t been as engaging as I have been these past two months…I don’t know how you and Bren and the others who have multiple blogs manage to stay social. I’ve given myself to the end of the month to have a plan down and hit the ground running in the new year.

Hope you’re having a great weekend! Yes, ma’am I’ll definitely see you in Twitterland!
    Corina Ramos recently posted…I’m Every Woman Weekly Issue 15My Profile

• Emmanuel

There is one thing being twitter and there is the other of being active as you rightly put it. Being engaged and following those with the influence is indeed paramount.

Thanks Madam Lisa for bringing this up.
    Emmanuel recently posted…Google and their Pagerank Nonsense.My Profile

Hi Emmanuel, yes you must be active and not just using automation to send all your tweets out. That really is KEY to success there. You can use your mobile phone app, Hoosuite or other Twitter apps for mobile to help you with that. I depend on them a great deal as I’m on the go a lot. It’s great to tweet while waiting in line, never get bored waiting anymore. Have a great day Emmanuel and thanks for coming by to comment.

• Tom Jamieson

All great tips here Lisa – you hit the nail on the head once again! :mrgreen: Twitter is definitely my number one referrer in terms of social proof. FB is second, but nothing like the traffic I get from Twitter. Thanks for the great reminders – something to put on my to do list for 2014. Have a great week!
    Tom Jamieson recently posted…Quick On Page SEO Tips For The NoviceMy Profile

• silviu

I like the idea of planting seeds, watering and fertilizing. Nice metaphor.

Having many twitter followers can make a difference. This is even more interesting. I usually avoid accounts with many twitter followers. It is always a shadow of doubt. What if that person uses automated following programs?
    However, I do think that people with many twitter followers matter.

Be active on Twitter.
    I admit, it is a terrible problem. It is kind of boring to say thank you all the time for each tweet or retweet. I should try to find a software to help me with this task.

Have a wonderful day
    silviu recently posted…Blog Comment Ingredients: How to Add Flavor to Your Post?My Profile

Hi Silviu, thank you. I used to love to garden before I started blogging. If they have a large following check out their tweets to tell if they are engaging or not. You will be able to tell. I don’t believe software would be helpful, just be yourself Silviu. Having lists of your favorite peeps really helps too. Do you use them? Check some of mine out if you need ideas. Thank you for your input and have a great day ahead there.

• Gail Gardner

So long since we’ve caught up with each other. I need to make sure your RSS is in my Twitterfeed. I have some great tips for all bloggers that will generate cash for them, so I’m starting with my oldest and most trusted collaborators first. The easiest and fastest way to connect is on Skype. My username is growmap so please add me so I can share with you what’s made me $2800+ this year and other new platforms that pay bloggers.

While I want to hear from you especially, any blogger who is interested is invited to add me on Skype. Just let me know you’re a blogger and want information on how we can all generate some much needed income.
    Gail Gardner recently posted…STOP! We Are Doing Social Media Marketing All Wrong. Fix in #JJJRHMy Profile

How cool is that? One retweet from someone who has a large following can snowball. Gosh, I do need to get back into action with Twitter. When I was on Triberr I made so many new friends. I would take the extra mile and once a day visit someone in a group I didn’t know, went to their blog and commented and connected with them.

Then, I committed myself to a huge project and had to bow out. But reading this really gave me that itch to get back into the game. Twitter is pretty powerful. Look at what one retweet has done!

This is not only great information Lisa, but a wonderful motivational force for me. But you always seem to motivate me!

Thanks,

Donna Merrill recently posted…Awesome Bloggers of 2013My Profile

Well, I am not and never really have been good with Twitter. I actually suck at it and I do not know how people can get so many followers so fast. I bet I could write a book on “how to make sure you’ll get the fewest followers on Twitter” :)

I am a bit better at engaging now, but there is sure room for improvement. So thank you for the tips.
    Sylviane Nuccio recently posted…Is Google Translate An Accurate Translator?My Profile

Wonderful post once again and we all need this kind of reminders frequently :) Reminded me that I need to think more about lists along with LinkedIn next year.

Love the examples you embedded here. I’ve often found tweets include fun, stats, quotes and news stuff tend to get more attention too.

I have to agree with the fact that snowball effect is very predictable if we have large number of following. It happened to me some times as Twitter friends, including you, RT my tweets to spread the news out loud :) Yet I’m growing very slowly and no anticipation of 50K or something so far though :mrgreen: I always loved the interaction / engagement and buying followers will never be in my list either, Lisa.

If there’s anything about Twitter, you are the one to go for sure ;) Always loved your Twitter stuff. I have to agree with Corina there, Twitter Queen :oops:

You have a SUPER DUPER week, Lisa :)

Mayura recently posted…How to Claim Your Custom URL in Google+My Profile

Hi Mayura, you are thinking of 2014 too? I’ve got to work on my to do list for it. Yes, quotes and fun stuff helps as well as breaking news if related to your followers. Nice to know I could help you with that :) Yes, buying followers a no-no. Bonus Tip: Engage on Twitter chats – I always gain followers after one and meet other Twitter lovers in my niche. Thanks Mayura, it’s my FAV place to be online as you probably know. My week is not super but hoping it will get better my friend. Post to follow on that shortly. I hope all is well your way.

• Arelis Cintron

When I first started on Twitter I would engage with those I followed and who followed me but when my numbers went up I just found it overwhelming to try and engage with everyone. I have to start that up again though thanks for the reminder!
    Arelis Cintron recently posted…Minted for Holiday Cards and Wedding InvitesMy Profile

• Donna

I love Twitter and have a decent amount of followers, but I’ve been lax in engaging on Twitter over the past 6-8 weeks. I’ve been a lot busier in my real life and trying to devote more “family” time and a little less online time. But I’ll get back in the groove better in the new year. :)
    Donna recently posted…There is a Santa, I Have Proof @catchacharacter #ad #icaughtsanta #giveawayMy Profile

• Ashley

I have seen the same thing again and again. And let’s face it, the engagement often decreases when people get that big.
    So more followers is a big help to your social media life.
    Of course, I do not strive for less engagement, but I am a big believer in balance.
    I have also seen the same thing starting to happen with my Pinterest following. Today only 350 or so, but this morning it was my biggest traffic source for social media.
    Thanks for sharing such valuable info
    ashley
    Ashley recently posted…Market Samurai Review – Get on page one of GoogleMy Profile

Hi Ashley, I hope the engagement does not decrease for me as my followers increase. I really believe engagment is key but the more followers the more chance of it too. A catch 22 in a sense. I find with Pinterest is that you get some old stuff repinned. I had one today repinned by many from a pin from last year. I’ve gotten a lot there with retail site and not so much with blog yet though my following is over 1000 now. Are you on Pinterest daily now Ashley? Thanks for your input and have a great rest of the day.
      Lisa recently posted…Blogging and Doing Laundry Through Crisis in Your LifeMy Profile

• Ashley

Well you can always engage as much as you like, but as your followers increase, you time does not. So it is inevitable. I saw that Gary V said that too. Sad but true fact of popularity.
        Pinterest. Well I have a few strategies that perhaps I should blog on, as they do help. Yesterday I got more visits than Twitter. And I only have 300 followers. 5000 on Twitter. It does not normally happen, but there is potential.
        Stay tuned
        ashley
        Ashley recently posted…Enter Our Holiday Giveaway!My Profile

• Vicky says:

Wonderful tips shared! Well I haven’t done any thing natural to get more twitter followers but after reading your post it seems like it can be achieved easily. These tips are really useful for getting lot of followers.

Thanks for sharing.
    Vicky recently posted…Top Ten Most Popular Hollywood Actresses in 2014My Profile

• Mark Ford

Having lots of followers helps immensely.

I have over 90,000 and most of my website traffic comes from the site.

I’m very proactive in building my network – I use ManageFlitter to follow people who use certain UK business networking hashtags.

Its a great tool and costs buttons
    Mark Ford recently posted…How To Go From Zero To 10,000 Website Visitors Per MonthMy Profile

I have don’t have a large number to boast about but I do love to engage with other people on Twitter. I follow people whose tweets and thoughts inspire me and sometimes they follow me back too. But literally never tried to increase that number by this or that. I will try to men my strategy for better results.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Vineet
    Vineet Saxena recently posted…3 Mistakes I did With My Blog in 2013My Profile

• Anil Kumar says:

Well twitter is very great platform for sharing thing but it will help only if we have lot of followers or our tweets get re-tweeted. I must say it will surely drive more audience and help to boost more traffic. The tips you’ve mentioned are really informative as I wasn’t ware of most of them.

Thanks for sharing
    Anil Kumar recently posted…Fotorus for PC or Windows Computer Download GuideMy Profile

Hi Anil, welcome to Inspire to Thrive. I love Twitter if you couldn’t tell :) It does help to have more followers but some with a smaller # can be of a tight niche and still work well. It’s not always just about the quantity but quality too. No good if you have spammers following you, right? It’s interesting to see too that the more followers you have the more you get, it’s a snowball effect. So I always tell people to be patient growing their following. Thanks for coming by and commenting. Have a great day and a Happy New Year!
      Lisa recently posted…Great Customer Service The Twitter Way at The Speed of LightMy Profile