Is Twitter Absolutely More Boring To Non- Users and What Can Twitter Do Better?
There has been a lot in the news lately about Twitter’s stock. The stock should have gone up since their earnings were up.
Twitter is making money with their advertising platform. But the company’s stock, however, traded sharply lower following the report’s release. CFO of Twitter Anthony Noto stated there will be a “considerable period of time” before Twitter sees sustained user growth.
I asked the question on my Facebook page after to my friends who are Twitter non-users. Some of them signed up but just don’t use the platform regularly. Why are some people finding Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook today? Why are they not using this social network?
Questions About Twitter
- Some people find Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook. Maybe not enough of their friends are NOT on the Twitter network? Or do they find it hard to use?
- Some people did not want to learn another platform. Could it be information overload? Or is Twitter that hard to understand and use?
- Some people felt like they used the internet too much already. They wanted to spend more time offline. They did not want to spend more time online. That’s a hard one to overcome for any social network.
- Does the age of the people on the Twitter network matter? There are kids to people age 100 that have been tweeting away.
"It seems pretty obvious that if you turn Twitter into Facebook, it will not be as successful as Facebook, because…
What Can Twitter Do Better?
- Advertise their message more clearly on places like Facebook.
- Engaged with new users when they begin their journey on Twitter. Maybe new users would not find Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook.
- Ensure that Twitter is not boring! Keep it fresh and moving for all users.