Scoop.it – Have You Got The Scoop?
If you knew me well you know I had to just check out the Scoop – Scoop.it – recommended by Ms. Ileane. I could not resist trying out another new thing online several years ago! Thanks, Ms. Ileane!
I immediately really liked this website, you only login the first time through your Twitter or Facebook – no complicated sign-in with passwords. You do need to log in at future times via email and a password that you easily set up there.
There were many topics to follow and one that really excited me was Flash. I have been trying to learn Adobe Flash and I didn’t realize Scoop.it would have so many topics – not just blogging and social media but a wide variety of topics.
You can pick up to 5 topics to scoop and follow on the FREE version. There is a pro version for $12.99 per month and a business version for $79 per month.
The FREE version allows you to have 5 topics and you can:
1) Curate from suggestion engine.
2)Then, curate from the user’s suggestions.
3) Curate from bookmarklet – You share scoops from any website!
4) Discover and follow other curations.
5) Re-Scoop content.
6) Share to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumbler, and WordPress.
If you choose to go with the PRO version you get these additional features including 10 topics:
1) Scoop it analytics.
2) Google analytics.
3) Export to WordPress, Tumbler, or via RSS.
4) Assign different social media accounts per topic.
So What is a Content Curator?
A curator is a subject specialist, where he or she conducts original research on objects and guides the organization in its collecting of these objects. You can find me curating there on Scoop-it here.
The 5 topics that I am curating are:
1) Inspiring Social Media
2) The Joy of Blogging
3) Healthy Informant
4) SEO Tips to Improve Your Website or Blog
5) Weather Today
So Why Scoop.it?
It lets you find more blogs and websites to visit and follow. You also find more people on Twitter with your interests. There is something called manage sources – where you can find topics on Twitter and it takes you right there to see who is tweeting on those topics. A very nice feature!
And probably most important to all of you, is that You can be found through Scoop.it too.
So will you start scooping it up today?
- 5 Practical Tips To Ramp Up Your E-commerce Storefront - June 24, 2022
- How to Choose a Professional SEO Firm for Your Business - June 23, 2022
- Detect Your Underperforming Content and Make It Sizzle - June 22, 2022