Blogging in 2014 to Blow Your Readers Out of the Water
Blogging in 2014 will be more challenging than ever. Have you formed a plan on how you will improve your own blogging? I’ve been thinking about it for weeks and have come up with many ideas on things I’d like to do better in 2014. Here are 9 things on my front burner for Inspire to Thrive’s blogging in 2014:
- Using Video More – We all have heard and read that video’s are becoming more and more important. If you listen / watch Ms. Ileane she will explain to you how to make the best videos and use of YouTube for your blog. I’m looking to start that for 2014 and purchase some inexpensive equipment to make better videos.
- Building The List More – Do you have an email list? Is it growing? I hope to grow mine more in 2014 with a better landing page or a better widget to capture readers attention. I’m torn with the use of pop-ups – I’d love to know your thoughts on that one!
- Publish Another eBook – To help that list of mine grow, I want to publish another eBook or an updated version of my Tweeting Like It’s Second Nature. So much has changed since that first eBook on Twitter that I could easily update it with some time.
- Writing Longer Length Posts – This is one I have been steadily working on in 2013 but have not hit the 2,000+ word mark. I don’t want to write that long just to write, it must be a substantial piece. I’ve often read longer posts help with SEO and your blog’s reach. I’d love to test that theory out.
- Posting More Often – I’ve averaged around 2 posts per week in 2013. I’d like to see my blogging in 2014 at 3-4 posts per week. It is absolutely necessary? No, again it has to be quality over quantity.
- Guest Post More – Now this will be hard if I increase my own blog’s posting frequency. This is something to really consider as an option. Currently I do about 1-2 guest posts per month. Could I up it to 3 per month blogging in 2014?
- Learning CSS – I’ve been wanting to take a course in CSS so I can code myself more. But life sometimes gets in the way, doesn’t it? I had been taking classes at a local college working on a certificate program and hoping to get degree in web design. I must admit, I’ve learned more DOING the websites than in any classroom. Experience seems to be the best teacher.
- Incorporating Instagram – I’ve been playing with Instagram for 2 years and have not focused it on this blog or my websites. Just my fun nature blog. I may consider changing the direction of that but I need to put a plan into place for it. Instagram has really grown and become more of a marketing tool this past year. Are you using Instragram for your blog?
- Improving with Pinterest – Pinterest has worked wonders with my retail websites but not as much as this blog. I want to improve upon that use of Pinterest blogging in 2014. I’ve slowly grown to over 1,000 followers but I know it can be much better. How are you doing with Pinterest for your blog?
Check out some tips from this infographic on suggessful blogging strategies: