SEO Penguin Is Updating Soon Again – Get Your Blog Ready Today
Will your blog be ready for the next SEO Penguin update? According to Matt Cutts Penguin 2.0 is coming soon! How can you get your website or blog ready today before the penguin 2.0 marches into your site soon? Learn all you can about the upcoming changes and latest updates needed to comply for Google rank in search and Pagerank.
SEO Penguin 2.0 – 6 Steps You Can Take Today
- Delete Spam – Get Rid of All Spam Now! Spam can hurt your blog or website. If you have spammy comments and you put them in spam, be sure to delete the spam files regularly. The new SEO Penguin 2.0 will not tolerate spam.
- Prevent Hacking – Prevent your website or blog from being hacked. Be sure to change passwords regularly and use hard to detect passwords. No AdMin for your username please! Also use WordFence (a plugin) to help protect your WordPress site. (Thanks Tim Bonner for that plugin tip!)
- Delete Paid Links – No buy or selling of links will be tolerated. So if you have any delete, delete, delete. Even paid ads will not pull pagerank. You can have ads but be sure to have disclosure, etc. Your site and the other website will BOTH get penalized by Google.
- Get Social – If you are not social yet, social signals will heat up your site’s being found in search. You can see it clear in this chart by SEO moz. Crank up your social signals today! Google+ will be a must.
- Be Lovable – Your site or blog should be lovable to users and readers. This comes right from Matt Cutts as you can see in the video below. Sounds easy right? But what does be lovable really mean? It may mean different things to different people, users and readers. This could be a hard one. One must do research from their Google Analytics and surveys to learn more. Or get your site reviewed like the one I just did for Dukeo.
- Webmaster Tools – Be sure to use them! If you haven’t yet sign up today and start to use these FREE Google tools. Matt hints that they will be giving more information especially helpful to small businesses. LOVE IT! Don’t forget Bing webmaster tools too. There are differences between the two tools and using both do help. I have found errors from Bing that I did not find from the Google webmaster tools.
Other Penguin 2.0 Changes
- The last Panda update will udpate itself – and it may soften some past results and not penalize an entire website as it has in the past. This will be refreshing for many webmasters.
- A different link system is being analyzed and will be different from the past. We have seen that already with some sites being hit in the last updates. I sure hope they give us more information on this update as it rolls out.
The Video from Matt Cutts
Have you taken the 6 steps above to ready yourself for the next SEO Penguin 2.0 coming to your blog’s door soon?