Use Tumblr – 7 Awesome Reasons to Use It!
Do you use Tumblr? I had set up an account years ago for one of our retail websites and just dabbled with it. Recently I worked on writing a piece for the RISBJ and wanted to included Tumblr as a blogging platform. I was amazed at some of the things I learned about Tumblr and wanted to share a few here. You may want to consider to use Tumblr after reading this.
- Tumblr is short and sweet. Like my favorite Twitter. You can blog a quote, you can blog a paragraph or blog away until your heart’s content.
- Tumbler is easy. Yes, it is really easy! Pick your theme from hundreds to choose from and you are ready to go. Many are free and you can pay for customized themes.
- You can have affiliate programs or ads on Tumblr. A great reason to use Tumblr !
- You can email your posts to your Tumblr blog. How easy is that? Even from your mobile phone too.
- You own your own work on Tumbler – Tumblr has a creator-friendly Terms of Service means you keep your own copyright. Dozens of Tumblr blogs have even received book deals! (according to Tumbler)
- You can set up pages on your micro-blog there too.
- It’s all FREE to use Tumblr. No hosting needed. BUT of course the danger there is that if you violate any terms you can be shut down, remember that wordpress blog that went POOF?
What really amazed me were these following websites are a Tumblr site:
- IBM – They actually have 4 sites there.
- Huggies – I love the name of this one – Highchair Critics. They really get creative on this blog.
- The Boston Globe – The Globe has several micro blogs there as well.
- Rolling Stone – This one does not even look like a tumblr blog – it really looks like a WordPress blog at first glance.
- CNN Money Tech – Another blog that I would have not guessed is done on Tumblr.
Have you ever used Tumblr and do you like it? Will you consider to use Tumblr now?