Last updated byat .
Have you ever been so frustrated that you just wanted to cry? Or do you get more determined to try harder when you are frustrated with a problem? Everyone at some point in their lives has to deal with frustration.
Frustration according to the dictionary is a feeling of dissatisfaction, often accompanied by anxiety or depression, resulting from unfulfilled needs or unresolved problems. I had a frustrating week due to some technical difficulties. I felt the more I knew the more I needed to know. Of course staying up past my bedtime did not help out the situation and it almost made me want to cry. I do not cry easily – just ask my sister. I took a deep breath and persisted on. The next day I felt less frustrated.
What are some ways you can stop your frustration? Here are some I use:
- Stop – Stop what you are doing and take a break
- Learn – Learn what it is that you don’t know how to do and is frustrating you
- Hire An Expert – No time? Hire someone who can do it for you and cut your budget somewhere else
- Go for Walk – Taking a break and going for a brisk walk can clear your head
- Give Up – Not an option that I like at all
- Take a Deep Breath – It can clear your head
- Cry – Why not? A good cry can be refreshing!
- Talk to a Friend – Talking it out with a friend can make the issue not seem so big and they may offer some good advice
- Ask Others – Ask others who may have an expertise in the area you are frustrated with – most people love to help out
- Laugh About It – Find a way to laugh about it – it can definitely lighten up your frustration
- Watch a Movie - Watching a good movie can take you away from your reality for a little while
- Play with a Pet – Pets can be therapeutic. Pets are known to improve your health. Don’t have one? Borrow one or visit someone who does
- Rest – Be sure to get enough rest. Being overtired will not help your frustration and can make it worse
- Connect - Connect with someone inspiring. They can give you an uplift and a better outlook to your situation
- Read Quotes – I love reading inspiring quotes too – they can encourage me when I’m frustrated or down from the frustrating situation