4 Valuable Ways You Will Benefit Using Twitter Now
4 Ways You Benefit Using Twitter Now
I often get asked by folks who don’t use Twitter why I do. “What’s in it for me to use Twitter now”? “Isn’t Twitter Going Away?” “I don’t get it, why do people tweet?” “What will Twitter do for my business?” Lots I answer. Be careful, you’ll really get me going if asked why you should use Twitter Now. But I will show you just 4 ways today so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- SEO Benefits of Using Twitter Now – Neil Patel explains this one well in a recent blog post. “Take Twitter, for instance, which gets an impressive 2.1 billion queries per day. That’s not far behind Google.” If you are tweeting and using hashtags it could be found via search right on Twitter. (Tweets can also be found on Google search now as well!) When they click on the links to your website or blog it helps your website’s / blogs SEO as well. As Neil went to mention you can get more followers thus driving more traffic to your website. It can quickly multiply over time.
- Meeting New People Using Twitter Now– On Facebook and LinkedIn you must know people first. That is not the case with Twitter! You can meet like minded people on Twitter. Follow and tweet them. They may interact. This will form a relationship with others.
— Cynthia Toti (@CynthiaToti) September 26, 2015
I always tell the story of how I met several local women on Twitter and now we get together every few months for lunch. It’s wonderful!
- Being in the Know Using Twitter Now– Twitter is great for breaking news. When news breaks, Twitter is the place to go and see what’s happening as it’s happening. Of course be sure to follow trusted new sources as your are checking out a major news story. There can be some misinformation being tweeted too. I had been doing this lately with the impending Hurricane headed for the east coast. (It looks like the Euro model won out and we are in the clear!)
- Become An Authority in Your Niche Using Twitter Now – Sharing info about your niche can help make you become an authority. Be someone that others will follow and trust on the network. They know you are not just tweeting your own “stuff” if you use the 80/20 rule with 80% being others “stuff”. People then will spread your tweets into Twitterland and beyond.
A Few Last Tips to Using Twitter Now
- Try to keep your tweets on your main niche topic but share other topics that you are interested in.
- Be sure that your Twitter followers are interested in those topics too! Otherwise they may mute you on Twitter.
- People on Twitter will get to know you better by what you tweet about.
- You won’t just be constantly tweeting about one thing only and bore your followers.
- Just be yourself. You will then get genuine followers and engagement. That’s what it is all about on Twitter.
For those not tweeting – are you ready to tweet now?
If you are tweeting – how are you using Twitter now?
Do you have more reasons to add to this list?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Twitter Edits Will Make You Happy This Year Tweeting - January 9, 2017
- 9 Real Estate Agents Who Get Twitter Right Today - December 6, 2016
- How To Avoid Getting The Mute on Twitter Now - November 21, 2016