There has been a lot in the news lately about Twitter’s stock. The stock should have gone up since their earnings were up. Twitter is making money with their advertising platform. But the company’s stock, however, traded sharply lower following the report’s release. CFO of Twitter Anthony Noto stated there will be a “considerable period of time” before Twitter sees sustained user growth.
I asked the question on my Facebook page after to my friends who are Twitter non-users. Some of them signed up but just don’t use the platform regularly. Why are some people finding Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook today? Why are they not using this social network?
- Some people find Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook. Maybe not enough of their friends are NOT on the Twitter network? Or do they find it hard to use?
- Some people did not want to learn another platform. Could it be information overload? Or is Twitter that hard to understand and use?
- Some people felt like they used the internet too much already. They wanted to spend more time offline. They did not want to spend more time online. That’s a hard one to overcome for any social network.
“It seems pretty obvious that if you turn Twitter into Facebook, it will not be as successful as Facebook, because…
What Can Twitter Do Better?
- Advertise their message more clearly on places like Facebook.
- Engaged with new users when they begin their journey on Twitter. Maybe new users would not find Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook.
- Ensure that Twitter is not boring! Keep it fresh and moving for all users.
See What Others Had To Say About Twitter Doing Better and Not Making Twitter Absolutely More Boring Than Facebook
@Lisapatb Not sure about that without turning it into FB. I think Twitter is more business and blogger minded folks networking.
— Brenda 🙂 (@MyGrlyPrts) July 31, 2015
@Lisapatb Give virtual awards to users based on their activity level. Referral programs. Influencer tags as the same Klout does.
— Adeel Sami ツ (@AdeelMSami) July 31, 2015
@Lisapatb I use the Twitter platform and not other platforms like Hootsuite or Tweetdeck. I like the Twitter platform itself.
— Sue Anne Dunlevie (@SueAnneDunlevie) July 31, 2015
@Lisapatb I think Twitter should encourage using the app on mobile phones since this is the reason why I started using it more often
— Sherman Smith (@sks_success75) August 1, 2015
@Lisapatb Welcome feedback anytime. Reward active tweepies or based on their activity. Twitter Education.
— Mayura De Silva (@MayuraDeSilva) August 1, 2015
— Mitch Mitchell (@Mitch_M) August 15, 2015
— Sherryl Perry (@KeepUpWeb) August 15, 2015
What Would You Like To See Twitter Do Better?
Do you find Twitter absolutely more boring than Facebook?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below…You can also tweet me at @Lisapatb and get your tweet added to these suggestions!