Why I Still Use NutshellMail For Tracking Twitter Quitters & More

NutshellMail  – An Oldie But Goodie for Tracking Twitter Followers, Quitters & More

NutshellMail

Update February 23, 2016 – As of March 22, 2016 Nutshell Mail will be shutting down :(

NutshellMail Review – From day 1 of being on Twitter I’ve used NutshellMail and it’s a great oldie but goodie. I’ve used many Twitter Resources over the years and this one I still use today (since 2009). Many of the Twitter applications and programs either have disappeared or began charging money for their services. NutshellMail remains FREE to this day. It’s a great service from Constant Contact. You can set up how often you want to receive the emails from them. I  was getting emails once a day and now increased it to 2x per day. What can you do with NutshellMail?

4 Great Things You Can Do With NutshellMail Today With Twitter Twitter quitters

1. Find Your New Followers – This is a great way to see who just followed you on a daily basis. You can then decide if you want to follow them back or thank them for following you.
  2. Find Your Latest Quitters– This is my favorite part of the email I receive. If they unfollow me and I’ve been following them I may decide to unfollow them back. It really depends on who they are and what they tweet about.
  3. Latest Replies and Mentions – I haven’t used this feature much but it a good one to watch. They give you a limit of 5 on this feature. You can then reply back right from your email! They make it easy.
  4. List Results for Your Lists – Another great feature I haven’t used a lot of but will start to as I love Twitter Lists.  There is also a limit of 5 on this feature.

What Other Social Media Sites Can You Track via NutshellMail?

1. Facebook – Not only can you track your own Facebook profile but your Facebook pages too! On your profile you can see birthdays, friends requests and your posts.  It shows you how many people liked your post or commented on it. You can also view some wall posts and responses. You can see some of your newsfeed. On your Facebook pages you see your posts, how many likes and comments each received. You can also view who posted on your wall.
  2. LinkedIn – This one was new to me and I just set it up. It will be very helpful to track activity on that social network. You can view 5 profile updates. 5 Group activities can be seen and 5 recently connected accounts. You may also view status updates – up to 20.
  3. Foursquare – Another social network site you can get status checkins on as well as who is requesting to be your friend on Foursquare.
  4. YouTube – You can view your recent comments on your YouTube channel.
  5. Yelp – If you want to see the latest reviews or photos if you have a business on Yelp. This is a great way to track them.
  6. CitySearch – Another website many businesses are on and can track their activity via NutshellMail.

Nutshellmail review

Make sure you view your entire message from NutshellMail  otherwise you will only see your Twitter stats. You must click [Message clipped]  View entire message

Have you been using NutshellMail to track your social networks activities?

As of March 22, 2016 Nutshell Mail Will Be Shutting Down – They Recommend We Try Perch

24 Responses to Why I Still Use NutshellMail For Tracking Twitter Quitters & More

• Ileane

Nutshell mail is one of the tools I use every day. I love getting the email and seeing who followed and unfollowed me. I get a kick out of seeing people follow me one day and then two or three days later they unfollow me. You can rest assured they are using some type of automated software that unfollows whenever someone doesn’t follow back.

I actually talked about NutShell mail in a YouTube a video from back in February 2012 – I didn’t even realize I was using it that long.

Here’s the link if you want to check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrHQj0aK9A

Take care Lisa. Chat soon!
    Ileane recently posted…How To Make the Perfect Thumbnail for Your YouTube VideosMy Profile

• Keith Borgnet says:

I just came across you via @AniseSmith
    I was introduced to Nutshell a few years ago and never really knew what it was – until one day i opened and email and had a look… you are right, it is very useful in catching up with new followers and unfollowers (especially the ones that just want you for the follow and then dump you the next day). I find you need to use it everyday or your new peeps might get lost – if i need to really spend a couple of hours and sort it all out i still use Tweepi (when i get off my butt and do it that is).
    Same as my blog – just gotta get in there soon and clean it up…. i haven’t done anything there in ages, and i need to start using it again – i liked your tips on that too btw :) I will only add my website if i have to, to post this lol.

Anyway, i love your site and followed you on Twitter – nice to meet you :)
    Cheers,
    Keith.

• I. C. Daniel

To be frank I’ve never heard of this program, will check it out, that’s for sure. Thanks for sharing Lisa!
    I. C. Daniel recently posted…How to Make Money With Google AdSense ?My Profile

• Harish says:

Seems like I’m also with Gauraw. I just came to know about Nutshell mail and it sounds really handy and can be really productive if we use it for twitter and other social media programs.

Thanks for sharing with us,
    Harish recently posted…bsnl 3g data card plansMy Profile

• Kumar Gauraw

Just like Adrienne, I had never heard about Nutshell mail. It seems like an awesome tool especially since it works with so many networks.

I am definitely going to check it out because I like to keep myself aware of new tools just in case I might need them.

I currently use Hootsuite as my social media management tool for the most part and I think it does a good job. But usually I have to go to other tools to track or clean my Twitter following once in a while.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Kumar Gauraw recently posted…What You Should Know About Email Open RatesMy Profile

Hi Kumar, you are not alone :) I’m surprised how many have not heard of it before. They may need to some marketing. I hear Hootsuite is great, I haven’t used it in a while and have been tempted to since they made many changes in the past few months. It’s on my to do list. You are welcome Kumar, and have yourself a great new week there.
      Lisa recently posted…Postbokx – What Is It and What’s In It For You?My Profile

• Emmanuel

Hello Madam Lisa,

To be honest with you, this is my first time hearing of this and so far as this is coming from your blog, I really ought to try that out.

Thanks for this.
    Emmanuel recently posted…Deal or No Deal? You make $85+2 years Hosting whiles I make $65 just like that!My Profile

Hi Lisa:

It’s been a while. Still fighting the big fight.

I’ve never heard of NutShellMail. I get Twitter updates from Twitter and Unfollowers.com. NutShellMail looks like a one-stop notification service for several sites. I like that!

I also keep meaning to use TweetDeck more. Is that the site you recommended?
    Lauren recently posted…Are You A Moody Blogger?My Profile

Hi Lauren, oh boy. I hope things are okay for you. Oh yes I do as well from Twitter. And I used to use JustUnfollow til they made some changes. I like how NutshelMail uses several social networks to track. I had recommended Tweetdeck a few years back. I heard they made some updates but haven’t been on it in a while. Do you like it still? I hope you have a good week Lauren.
      Lisa recently posted…Postbokx – What Is It and What’s In It For You?My Profile

• Ashley says:

Great tip Lisa
    I don’t keep on top of this enough, and this looks like a great way to see who your new followers are with very little work!
    I think I will take a look at this.
    There are other methods, but I have not found one that is easy or has become a habit
    have a great weekend
    ashley

• donna merrill

Thanks for introducing me to NutshellMail. Never heard of it, but it looks great to me to have everything in one place. I have a heck of a time weeding out inactive followers and this looks like a good solution to m problem.

So Grateful you have shared this. I’ll be looking into it.

donna merrill recently posted…Taking Time For Your SelfMy Profile

I’ve never heard of it Lisa. Interesting how you find all these goodies and share them with us. :) Like Adrienne, I don’t keep up with my Unfollows but I do check my new follows daily and with my Twitter mobile app, it’s easy to follow-back. I’m intrigued by Nutshell so I might just give it a peek!

We’re almost to Friday! :mrgreen:
    Bren recently posted…Confidentiality and the WorkplaceMy Profile

I had never heard of Nutshell before. I like the sound of it. I use CommunIt and it shares who’s following on Twitter and all that good stuff but it’s very limited with the free version. I think it’s awesome that Nutshell has remained free for their users.

I like to see who’s following me so I can see what they’re about and follow them back. I have never focused on who’s unfollowed me. I think if I saw that I would be like Frasier…obsessing over why :).

Thanks for sharing this tool with us Lisa. I’m going to have to check it out. Happy Thursday to you. Hope you’re having a great week so far.
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Tips For A Work-from-Home ResumeMy Profile

Hi Corina, it must be a “hidden” gem. I haven’t used Commun.it recently thought I have in the past. I’m not sure I agree with the “most” user names they choose at times. LOL, that’s funny. I don’t obssess over it anymore, I just move on. Life’s too short. You are welcome and I’d love to know what you think of it Corina once you do check it out. I hope you enjoy your weekend and that the hubs is doing well now.
      Lisa recently posted…Why I Still Use NutshellMail For Tracking Twitter Quitters & MoreMy Profile

I’ve never heard of this program so I can see where it would be handy. I actually use a separate program for seeing who is following me and who is not very active. I don’t really keep up with who unfollowed me but I do check my follows every week and will then decide if I want to follow them back or not. I do thank them for the follow though. I get that notice as well.

I think having one service to be able to see all the different profiles would be pretty cool but I just haven’t explored that yet. What the heck am I waiting on right!

I appreciate you sharing this with us and that’s really cool you’ve been using it this long and still like it. I think that says a lot for the program itself.

Thank you for sharing this and have a good day. I know you have a lot going on and just are taking one day at a time.

Adrienne recently posted…3 Tools For Coming Up With Blog Post IdeasMy Profile

Hi Adrienne, wow I am surprised. Funny how we “think” everyone knows everything. I’ve used JustUnfollowed as well. I like the NutshellMail as it’s a bit quicker and you can check other networks too. That was new to me :) You are welcome Adrienne and yes all we can do is take it one day at a time. I hope you will enjoy the graduation this weekend! Appreciate your coming by and input as always.