Are You Hitting The Google Plus Button Now Or Are You Still Waiting?
Why The Google Plus Button Is Good For Your Blog
It’s been a long time since I’ve talked about Google Plus here at Inspire to Thrive. I have been reading many posts of how your blog or website can be found on page 1 of Google in the search results by hitting the Google Plus button more often and interacting with others. Are you using the Google plus button in your social sharing today? Read on and learn why it can be beneficial for your blog or website and how to improve using Google+ for 2014. It sure may beat using Facebook with their recent algorithm changes and no one seeing all your posts anymore.
Who Is Using Google Plus Amazingly?
Michael Q. Todd – Michael is from Japan with over 54,000 in his circles. He recently did a post about how Google plus that put him on the first page of Google for search terms and rank 2nd or 3rd in just 3 days. He points out that it was the use of the correct words in his description and the use of hashtags that made it work. Are you using hashtags on Google plus yet? This was the post that really inspired me and maybe it will you too to use Google plus more often. He also an awesome networker on Twitter and Triberr.
Peg Fitzpatrick -Peg is a master at social media on all channels but I love what she is doing on Google Plus. It’s not all business, she also shares some personal and witty things with her followers. Isn’t this a cute post? I love when people keep it real on social media.
Ed King – Ed is a local blogger and photographer here in Rhode Island. I’ve noticed many shares of his beautiful photos and recently saw how many in his circles. (over 26,000!) I once did a hangout with him and another local person. He is using Google+ to the maximum.
Check out more Google Plus amazing folks in my Great Info Circle that you may want to follow for the coming year.
Some How To Tips Using The Google Plus Button
- Hit the Plus Button – It shows that you like a post or page on a website.
- Share – When you find really great information for your followers. You can share publicly or pick and choose your circles.
- Add People – Add people to your circles. Create new circles with specific names / tag lines.
- Share you circles with others – See the picture here on the side of how to do it if you have not already.
- Log in Daily – Success will not happen overnight but you must log in daily or at least several times per week to grow your Google plus account.
- Join a Hangout – Google hangouts are a great way to connect with others on the network. You can meet people via video and if some people cannot make it, they can watch the video later. The folks from Hot Blog Tips are masters of hangouts and you can join them on Sundays.
- Enroll in Communities or Start One – Communities are great on Google+. It’s my place to go when I have technical questions. Google Plus really has the smartest people. There are many communities there to choose from so be careful not to join too many as you may never get back to them all.
- Rinse and Repeat – Keep it going and you will see results. It’s like any other social network in that respect, you must use it to ensure success or you will lose the momentum you have started to build.
- Use The Google Plus Button On Your Website/Blog and Email – Be sure to share your Google Plus button everywhere on your site and marketing materials. Let people know you are there on Google Plus!
Read More Why You Should Focus on Google+ In 2014
Will you be using Google Plus more in 2014?
Have you seen results from this social media channel this past year?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- How To Make Fun Twitter GIFS To Make You More Tweetable - August 24, 2016
- How To Spotlight Photos With Awesome Twitter Stickers - August 2, 2016
- 5 Ways Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional - July 23, 2016
85 Responses to Are You Hitting The Google Plus Button Now Or Are You Still Waiting?
- How Do Blog Comments Help Your Blog’s SEO? 213 comments
- Alexa Ranking Dropping Like A Meteorite To Earth 157 comments
- List.ly Builds Traffic To Your Blog and Goes Beyond Comments 129 comments
- What If Yours Became The Most Popular Blog Site? 126 comments
- Why Are So Many Blogging Today? 124 comments