Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?

The Facebook Algorithm and Your Friends

Do you ever post on Facebook some days and wonder if you really have any true friends? Do you think it’s you and something you may have said or do you realize it may be that Facebook is not showing your post to all your friends like you may think?  I did the other day and then I read Jens post on the Facebook about the filters. What does this mean for your brand pages? It gets even harder to be seen as a page with the Facebook Algorithm changes.

Facebook AlgorithmEdgeRank Once Took Over Your Friends

EdgeRank was an algorithm developed by Facebook to govern what is displayed and how high on the Facebook News Feed it would be. It consisted of 3 things: Affinity, Weight and Time Decay. Sounds complicated right? Let’s break it down more simple for us:

Affinity – Repeat interactions – comments, likes and shares that are repeated.

Weight – Comments weigh more than likes.

Time Decay – How long a post remains alive or dies. The older a post gets the less value it holds.

Facebook gives us 6 tips how to increase our EdgeRank for Our Brand Pages:

1. Shorter Posts – Between 100-250 characters get 60% more likes, comments and shares.
  2. Be visual and load photos right from Facebook.
  3. Ask for what you want. Don’t let your friends guess.
  4. Post daily so fans will come back to your page.
  5. Be relevant but not pushy. No one likes a pushy salesperson.
  6. Be timely- learn what time of day is best for your audience. Different niches and countries have different times that work best. Learn which work best for you and or your page.

According to Search Engine Watch Edgerank is no longer being used on Facebook and there are now 100,000 factors that go into what a user sees on their Facebook feed. The Facebook algorithm has really changed. Tweet that stat out!

There are 100,000 factors that go into what a user sees on a Facebook page.

So instead of 6 factors there are 100,000. Wouldn’t you love to see all 100,000? I could not Google or Bing enough to find them.

How Can You Help Your Facebook Posts to Show in the Facebook Algorithm Today and Be Seen By Your Friends?

• Act like it’s a blog post. Focus on quality content! Just like Google’s algorithm now the Facebook algorithm is following suit.Facebook engagement
  • Don’t ask! It is no longer about asking for likes. That is like begging and it’s not pretty. (Notice this one changed?)
  • It should be useful and/or fun for users. There is no substitution for comments and shares.
  • Encourage Discussions – You should try to strike up a discussion based on your posts.
  • Introductions Count! The way you introduce it needs to be just as good as the content. Be sure to introduce your posts well.
  • Mix it up. They also like you to mix up your posts, no surprise to some of who have been doing that to see what works best.
  • Facebook also bases it on who comments and shares your posts – your next post will more likely be seen by them. Facebook calls this “story bumping and last actor”. With this Facebook is trying to post things in your news feed that they believe you genuinely care about. You can read more right on Facebook about their changes.

Do Your Friends Filter You Out With the Facebook Algorithm?

Jens brought up a good point about friends filtering posts out on Facebook. They may do it for various reasons.

• Did you post so often they did not really see each one? And it is always about the same topic? You could being boring to them.
  • Did they see so many comments on a post that they didn’t feel a need to comment too?
  • Your topic has no interest to them. If you are not interested in a topic you will not likely comment or like it.
  • They found something you posted offensive or against their own beliefs.
  • They may have been tired when looking at your post and just glazed over their Facebook feed.

Page Insights for Facebook Pages

If you use pages for your brands be sure to check out the insights for helpful information. They are like using Google or Bing analytics. You will find lots of data and info to track what is working and what’s not via the Facebook algorithm. You can then make adjustments.

You can track likes, reach and engagement (organic vs paid). Looking at mine again today the Facebook text only posts got more reach and engagement. You can also download these stats to keep track over time. New – You can track 5 other pages (competitors) and see how many likes or unlikes they are receiving. You will find it quite interesting information watching 5 other pages. I love checking them out when there is a lot of fluctuations. Be sure to add 5 pages to your watchlist and see what is working or not with their Facebook algorithm. You can learn a lot from them.

Have you noticed something working better or worse for you with the Facebook algorithm changes?

Just for fun:  Do you like the new Bistrips comic app that allows you to make cartoon strips of yourself or your friends on Facebook?

Both images courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

86 Responses to Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?

• Sudipto

Thanks Lisa for sharing this post with us. I never heard about this algorithm but whenever I visited your blog, I always learned lots of new stuff. You explained very well this algorithm and helps me understanding this. First I thought, its only Google who change its algorithm but now I understand that there are many more.
    Sudipto recently posted…Best Android Phone Under 20000My Profile

• Lisa, it awesome you have made a success out of facebook. For me it hasn’t been that rosy. I am doing good on twitter and hope to stick there.

I guess their edge-rank is making things a little difficult. Read a post recently by Derek Halpern were he said facebook only shows his post to only about 20% of his audience . That to me is outrageous, but I guess it’s their site so they can do what they want with it.

Thanks any way for sharing. Could use some tips to improve my engagement on facebook
    Peter Kanayo recently posted…Don’t Reinvent the Content Wheel like Nelson Mandela, 71/2 Things You Should DoMy Profile

Hi Peter, actually it has changed a little more since that post and it’s not good. My page though has increases which I was surprised to find the other day. Small but increases. I bet some are less than 20% now. I hope Facebook gets enough complaints to make some more changes. My tip would be to change up your posts on your page, do some without images, and then do some with images. Some like humor, others like thoughtful quotes. You will know by the number of likes or engagement you get from them. You could try to promote one for $5 if you could. (Though I’ve read recently even the ads don’t produce as much as they once had) My other tip – Use Twitter more!
      Lisa recently posted…Blogging and Doing Laundry Through Crisis in Your LifeMy Profile

• Arelis Cintron

I hate that the algorithm keeps changing! On my page and with my friends. Sometimes I won’t see something in my newsfeed of friends until days later. I keep track of my closest friends with the category of close friends so I can get alerts when the post something. Thanks for these tips. Its hard to keep track of what will be seen by our audience and what will not.
    Arelis Cintron recently posted…Minted for Holiday Cards and Wedding InvitesMy Profile

• Eldrin says:

Wow, even Facebook has an algorithm now? Yeah right, sometimes I question do my friends really see my posts? I finally found an answer to my question. Someone who will read this post might get burdened because there are many practices that must be done in order to have a pleasant Facebook experience. But anyway, this is a very informative post!

• raj

Nice post Lisa,
    I really learned a lot about Facebook from this post itself. Probably these were the reason why my friends were not getting updates I am sharing with all of them. In recent time Facebook have made a lot of changes into their algorithm that all the control have now landed into its user’s hand. If you are not sharing the content they like then they are surely gonna block your post from being updated into their timeline. No one will be able to cope up with those 100,000 factors, but if you have managed to take care some of the most important factor then it will surely yield you fruitful result. Anyways great share.
    raj recently posted…BBM for PC Download, BlackBerry Messenger for Windows7/8/Vista ComputerMy Profile

• Angela McCall

Google+ is doing pretty good for me. This is the place where I found most of successful bloggers and this is the place where I found client leads. Because eWomen Network use Google Hangout in the first place, I love networking here with other business wowen entrepreneurs. The meet-up groups I’ve been hanging around with adds value to my business and so I will keep up with it.

As far as Facebook is concerned, this place is just dead when it comes to business. Sure, in the past that’s where Juanita Stevenson (Central Valley Works, ABC Channel 30) found me — through my FB business page, but that’s about it. Maybe it will change in the future but so far it is slow for me and so I’m looking at another avenue.

• Donna

I need to be more active on my Facebook page. I tend to only post once a day, about three times a week. I know I need to be more active. Honestly, I got frustrated with FB when I realized that out of my over 16,000 followers, maybe 2,000 see my posts. Unless I want to pay, of course.
    Donna recently posted…November $100 Amazon Pinterest Blast Ends 11/28My Profile

• Angela McCall

Yes Lisa, I have a page both personal and business on Facebook. Last time I checked my edgerank on my Facebook business page it was pretty good. I’m off the top. Too bad theyre deleting the edgerank. Do you know why? I don’t understand it 100,000 factors. To me it’s like you’re talking in German. And I guess I don’t really pay attention to Facebook as much as I used to. Mainly, I just use Facebook for hanging out with my friends and family. But I use Google Plus for my business nowadays.

Hi Angela, thanks for the response. I will check it out later. LOL, excellent point, it is like a difference language to many. How’s Google+ working out for you? I use it but not as often as I should, I still prefer Twitter over all of them. I hope you have a great week ahead there and a Happy Thanksgiving Angela. Time sure is flying!
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Melody says:

Facebook is frustrating. I’ve had a fan page for 3 years on Facebook. I’ve noticed that with the newest algorithms, (including the ‘last actor’ as you’ve described) it is really hard to make any status update that breaks through and gets lots of likes and comments. It is starting to feel like it is almost not worth it anymore. Absent paying to boost a status update, the typical status update sees 10% to 15% of my fanpage’s likes. (In my experience, photos do best, but everything else can perform pretty badly). It’s absolutely frustrating.

• Carol B

Oh wow, Facebook is even more complicated than ever! So an algorithm is the reason some friends’ posts keep popping up at the top of my stream, even though it was a couple of days ago. I wondered why that would happen. Now I know.

And yes, I’ve been seeing the Bitstrips. Several FB friends are using them. Amusing.
    Carol B recently posted…Discover Desti – My New Trip Planning AdvisorMy Profile

• Samir says:

Hello,

Now i understand why most of my friends aren’t getting updates from my newfeeds seems like facebook algorith has changed. Secondly i’m also the person who spend lot of time chatting with friends and reading lot of posts.

thanks
    Samir recently posted…Download Free Kansas Instructions to File For Divorce With Minor Children FormMy Profile

• Angela McCall

A few days ago I keep getting this Edgerank newsletter. I’ve forgotten what this is all about really. Thanks to you for brushing it up. So guess Facebook algorithm has changed too. Anyway this is pretty interesting.

Although I’m realty not a big fan of Facebook it’s good to know what they’ve been up to. You have tons of interesting posts about FB….I need to catch up…catch you later…

Angela

• Michael Belk

Yes Lisa, my post can not be seen by all of my friends. I wait for a long time and not one responds. I have had people respond to post I put up days ago. What’s up with that?

I think they just want us to pay to promote our post. They make more money.

I have promoted several post and I get the same result.

I think we are being fooled into thinking they want us to interact, but when we do they censor our messages.
    Michael Belk recently posted…How are female officers treated by male inmates?My Profile

• Tanya

I actually don’t have a facebook page for my blog. I’m not a huge fan and barely do anything with my own personal page. When I originally started blogging, it was honestly more for myself but now I want to grow it. And looking at other food bloggers, it seems like pinterest is the biggest source of their visitors so I just joined. Facebook used to be pretty good but with all their changes, pinterest became more prominent and some even quit facebook. But I do help others with their facebook page for their businesses so this is great information to know!
    Tanya recently posted…Yummy Recipes for Your Thanksgiving FeastMy Profile

Hi Tanya, that’s interesting. I don’t have a FB for one of my retail sites – Fancy Chef Uniforms but I have a Pinterest for it as well. Love Pinterest. Watch for my guest post coming soon at Blogger Doc :) Always new things happening on the social sites it seems. Do you use Twitter? That is my fav and get the most results from there. Thanks for coming by with your input Tanya and have a great weekend!
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Shannon

It’s so hard to keep straight what I’m supposed to do where with my social media. :) I admit that I don’t pay enough attention to Facebook and it shows in my likes. I spend the majority of my time on twitter where I actually have results. So on one hand, I am a firm believer if you put your time into what’s working but I also think I’m missing out by neglecting Facebook. Something I definitely need to get better at doing. I need to take at my Insights page and get a plan in place!
    Shannon recently posted…Blog Round-Up: Week of November 18, 2013My Profile

Hi Shannon, I spend more of my time on Twitter too as it’s my FAV place and I do get the best results from it on all my websites and blogs. I do like the updated FB app for mobile and that’s helped me to do a little more there but Twitter gets me more results time after time. Thanks for coming by and have a wonderful weekend Shannon. Hope to see you on Twitter :)
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Maggie

Such a helpful post! Just when I think I’ve got social media figured out, there’s a new twist. Have you read The Circle? It’s a novel set in the near future where facebook and other social media take over people’s lives to the point that they can almost do nothing else. It’s a little far-fetched, but makes you think!
    Maggie recently posted…Bourbon Caramel SauceMy Profile

• Susan Neal

Like Adrienne’s, my head is swimming – this is even worse that backlinks!

I’m afraid I’m a bit – no, let’s be brutally honest here, a lot! – disorganised in the way I use FB. I’m sure it won’t surprise you to know that I haven’t a clue whether recent algorithm changes have had any impact on me whatsoever 😉

I don’t get a lot of interaction on my WriteClever page, but I don’t have time to focus on this at the moment – I just try to share interesting stuff on there and keep it busy with regular posts. I mainly share other people’s content. For the time being, I’m just going to carry on doing my thing, as best I can.

I must confess, I’ve never looked at the Page Insights – that’s something I’ll have to check out, so thanks for prompting me about that :)

Thanks for a great piece of research, Lisa – I’m very relieved you didn’t Google all 100,000 factors, though – now that would have been a post and a half!
    Susan Neal recently posted…How To Write Tutorial Blog Posts That Go ViralMy Profile

LOL Susan, I think the backlinks are worse still :) I find the same with mine here but my retail site FB page is doing better, I think because I have more likes and the more you have the more interaction you will get. It is still is a numbers game in that respect, how can you have a lot of interaction if not a lot of followers or connections? But if you an audience you MUST interact, that is the KEY. Let me know how your insights work out, very interested to hear. I try to check mine weekly or at least monthly. Have a great weekend Susan. Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment and check it out.
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Liz McGee says:

Thank you for this. I was just writing about it on a comment in my blog about how FB drives me nuts. But understanding edgerank is a big help.

The whole posting daily is important, and of course I don’t :sad: but it’s all about scheduling this stuff in. Wondering how many folks use virtual assistants for things like this or if that even makes sense. Anyone?

But there’s a fine line between posting things folks will look at and respond to and then blocking you out altogether. I know for me I’ll block someone out if they post 25 things at once or they’re the only one you see down the whole page. That can get annoying.

Checking out the bistrips comic app. It does look like fun.

Blessings Lisa,
    Liz

• Ashley says:

I have been using facebook a lot lately for my niche site and it really is interesting.
    What gets attention,, what not. And with insights you can really see what gets peoples attention.
    Also I found a good post that showed how to look at some other cool stuff on insights, like the best times to post.
    Unlike Twitter, we don’t have to find 10 tools to help. Not sure if that is good or bad, but easier.
    I try to mix things up a bit, with images, post and videos. But I actually found that a question often gets the most displays.
    Even if the users don’t really answer it much
    ashley

Hi Ashley – interesting point about questions. I get nervous asking sometimes because no one may reply – but I should see if it still gets more views. I’ll be keeping my eye on that one. I find “personal” things and personal shares get the most conversation and likes. Sometimes I wish FB had tools like Twitter does. That would be kinda neat Ashley. Thank you for your input and have a great day.
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Reginia {PoisedinPrint.com}

Great information. I’ve found that my FB posts without pictures get more views. That one is hard to understand.

Very interesting indeed! I wasn’t paying attention to EdgeRank much and had no idea about the 3 components you have mentioned either. I always considered Facebook as a Social Media platform to connect with friends and family, and to spread the word around.

Hmm… Shorter posts! I don’t get many likes for posts, but always noticed increased reach for shorter posts at the Facebook page Lisa. I’m just little worried about using images / photos as they can be copyrighted to someone else. Yeah, we can find ones free to share too :)

I think more users are aware of the fact that Facebook filtering out updates from friends too. Lately I found many friends started to tag friends like never before to get their attention and it’s annoying some times. Ugh… Annoying tricks!

Lately I found Facebook is quite calm though, and seemed the posts which get more interaction tend to be more active on News Feed too. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by seeing the same update over and over again, each time someone like or comment on the same update.

Anyway, I like the way it is now rather than it was few months ago, with promoted stories all over. BTW the “On This Day” feature is really cool and I hope Facebook is trying to keep the old posts alive. I can see some business opportunities lying there too 😉 You know, gifts on anniversaries, special events and so on.

I didn’t like the improved Page Insights feature at first as I couldn’t export insights, but not it has been resolved :) Plus, it’s way more organized and representing more data.

Well, I think Facebook is getting there to get businesses to spend more money on it Lisa :) Meantime, I do like the tips you have given on how to cope with new algorithm and get most out of it. We have no much control over the Facebook changes, but yet there are alternatives to deal with ’em as you implied in this post 😉

You have a lovely week over there dear :)

Mayura recently posted…How to Set Up Trusted Contacts to Recover Your Facebook AccountMy Profile

Mayura, it’s so good to see you back in the blogosphere :) You know how I love shorter posts, right? Those images are always something we have to keep in mind. What if someone else shares it and you are just sharing it and not posting it? Makes me think…Oh yes, those tagging things sometimes annoy me too. I don’t mind if it is for something that I really want to see since I may miss it in the feed. That does happen often! I try to go through my lists more now too so I don’t miss as much. I agree about getting businesses to spend money – I’ve done just a tiny bit on the retail site’s page and the posts do get more views, clicks, likes and shares. Thanks for coming by Mayura and taking the time to comment. Have yourself a wonderful weekend there.
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

Holy Cow Lisa!

By the time one reads 100,000 factors it would probably change again! I think being consistent is the key. I haven’t noticed any friends disappearing yet….

I post twice a day and get likes and comments. So far so good. I think that Facebook and Google are both trying to make things grow organically. In a way I like it because the people I don’t see anymore are the ones that I wanted to block anyway lol. They are the folks that try to sell stuff…so annoying.

Thanks for the heads up so I can fully understand this better!

Donna Merrill recently posted…Do You Blog Strictly Within Your Niche?My Profile

• Susan Velez says:

When it comes to using Facebook to market, I have to admit, I really don’t know that much about it. I haven’t really ventured into it enough to learn about it.

I guess kind of like all the Google changes, there’s nothing you can do when using these networks. One just has to learn how to adapt to the changes. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great day.
    Susan Velez recently posted…Time Management Clock – Taking More BreaksMy Profile

• silviu

I have that fuzzy feeling that on Facebook everything is more fuzzier than it was. Good to know Edgerank is not active anymore.

100,000 factors that controls the feed? WOW !!!!! Google uses only about 200 factors for their SEO algorithms.
    This means that the Facebook algorithm (so to speak) is 500 times more complex than Google’s. :) :)

This also means that now Facebook is using super computers (Cray? Deep Blue?) to control the feed. :)

I have noticed some things that work better now. My feed is cleaner than ever (no ads, no sponsored stories, no friends that like this and that products, no intrusions etc.). That’s because I use a special program called: “The one whose name cannot be spoken”. FB reasons, of course. :)

Have a wonderful day
    silviu recently posted…Blog Commenting Results. Case Study 1My Profile

• Robert William says:

Hi Lisa, first thanks for this interesting article, when i read this article title “Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?” its very eye catching and little bit of funny, thanks for make me smile and write very well about how does facebook Algorithm change your friends. good job.

• Jens P. Berget

I finally made it :)

Thank you so much for the link. I had no idea that Facebook is not using Edgerank anymore, and 100,000 factors, that’s amazing. No wonder why it’s difficult to get people to see our status updates. Great tips. I have been spending more time writing the introductions to my pictures than ever. I am not sure if more people are seeing them or not, but it looks like, at least in Norway, that a lot of people are just lurking behind the scenes and watching without liking and commenting.
    Jens P. Berget recently posted…What Every Customer Service Department Should DoMy Profile

• Vineet Saxena

Yes Facebook just like Google has evolved over the time and is bringing changes in its algorithms. As for how much equation changed with friends due to this, I am really not aware of because I am not a frequent visitor of Facebook. 😛
    Though there are some changes which are definitely visible like those posts which receive a lot of comments stay on the news feed for a longer time.
    Anyhow I am going to check out that comic app. Looks fun. 😆
    Thanks for sharing this with us Lisa.
    Regards,
    Vineet
    Vineet Saxena recently posted…Top 5 Articles on How to Write a Great Blog Post?My Profile

• Debbie

Well, this is enlightening! Thanks for the info, Lisa. I often wonder why I don’t see more of my friends’ posts, only to discover that “Get Notifications” is not indicated. Hmmmm, I didn’t do it! I’m guessing it’s the same with them, because often posts are completely ignored. LOL As for my blog’s Facebook page; that has never done particularly well, but, I refuse to pay money. 😛
    I’ve been having fun with the Bitstrips too; even more fun when you add a friend. :-) Too bad you can’t add more than one.
    Facebook can often be frustrating, but I try to just go with the flow.
    Cheers!
    Debbie recently posted…GUEST POST AT EVERYDAY GYAAN: HOW GRATITUDE WILL HELP YOU COPEMy Profile

Seriously? Why does networking online with your friends have to be this difficult? Or networking with business associates? Just doesn’t make sense to me. 👿
    Bren recently posted…The Dogs Didn’t Fail Themselves, Humans Failed Them!My Profile

• Reginald

Great write and thanks for sharing.

Now to answer question, yes it did! Personally, more and more peeps are trying to add me up on FB and I really can’t the number of pms I get in a day!

I heard anout FB EdgeRank but really haven’t dig into it yet. You really give me knock on the head on Sunday old friend!

Thanks and have a great weekend. Off for more reading!
    Reginald recently posted…Generate Lead And Email Contact List Using Lead ConverterMy Profile

I’ve just about given up with my Facebook Page to be honest.

I don’t really want to have to jump through hoops just to get something seen or worse have to pay for it!

For the minute Facebook has taken a back seat for me and I’m concentrating on other social media avenues.

Maybe one day I’ll come back to it when I have more time to experiment.

Useful to know what I should be doing to get things working though! Thank you for sharing.
    Tim Bonner recently posted…Blog Niche: Why Bigger Isn’t Always BetterMy Profile

• Sylviane Nuccio

Wow, some great information in here. Just about all new to me :)

I am so irregular when it comes to posting other things than my just my blog posts on facebook. I know I need to improve in this area big time. With me it’s always that lack of time factor, but I know that’s not a good excuse.

As far as the changes in facebook, I don’t really care personally, because they’re going to do what there’s going to do. We don’t really have a say in that.

Thanks for the great education again.
    Sylviane Nuccio recently posted…Five Most Favorite French DessertsMy Profile

• William Butler

Thank you so much! You’ve done a terrific job at informing us (me especially) of something I had no clue about.
    I certainly wouldn’t wish to begin looking at a hundred thousand considerations. I will be looking at some of these as suggestions, as time permits.

May the blessings flow wherever you go!
    Bill
    William Butler recently posted…17 Ways To Improve Your Happiness Right NowMy Profile

My head is literally swimming Lisa. How the hell can anyone continue to keep up with all these darn changes that Google and Facebook make. Twitter will be heading in there soon now too! Yikes!

I just follow my own tune girl. I do what I enjoy and what works best for me. I use the browser extension that filters out a lot of the crap I don’t want to see from people on Facebook anyway so I usually am only seeing what I enjoy seeing. I know that the questions I ask everyday get a lot of attention so that type of interaction is a lot more fun for everyone. That continues to make me more attractive to new people and curious about what I do.

I appreciate you sharing this and I haven’t read Jens post yet. I’m going through my list today as a matter of fact so will stop by there soon.

Thanks Lisa and enjoy your weekend. You can tell I’m not out shopping, the weather is nasty! :-(

Adrienne recently posted…How To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Social MediaMy Profile

Is that why I woke up with such a headache this a.m. Adrieanne? LOL. YES, I’ve noticed a drop in shares and RT’s recently, not sure if it was just one day or what but did take note of that. Have you ever asked a question and not gotten a response? That is always a fear of mine. Sorry you didn’t get to shop with the weather there. We had great weather here but the changes had me awaken to a nasty sinus headache :( I hope you have a super Sunday and that the weather improves for you.
      Lisa recently posted…Does The Facebook Algorithm Change Your Friends?My Profile

• Atul Kumar Pandey

As I think change is algorithm with bring our friend closer to us… This cold be their new method of improving system. Still there are hundreds of things which we are not aware of. Thus the future is the answer.

Thanks for Nice Share Lisa, Have a great weekends…
    Atul Kumar Pandey recently posted…Teens Prefer WhatsApp Over FacebookMy Profile

• Theodore Nwangene says:

An awesome post Lisa,
    I also notices that many times. Some of my posts usually reach few of my fans while some goes higher and like you, i normally wonder why thats happening until now.

I guess there are still so many things we don’t know yet and, this is certainly one of them though, I’ve heard of this Facebook Edgerank before but, never really understood what it means and how it works.

Thanks for sharing this with us Lisa and, have a great weekend.

• Gladys

I hope you are well.
    When I finished reading your post, I went straight to checkout it out.
    Thank you for this interesting post.
    My likes will decline, but I will do my best to engage those that read my feed, and comment on those of interest.

Gladys posted..In Times of Trouble What beliefs Sustain you
    Gladys recently posted…In Times of Trouble, What Beliefs Sustain You?My Profile

• Jason Benway

I got sick of facebook controlling my stream and created groups so I can make sure I see the people (friends) I care to see.
    Jason Benway recently posted…how to install drivers on ESXi 5My Profile

• Kumar Gauraw

Looks like Facebook algorithm is getting closer to Google’s methods of SEO. 10000 factors is a little too much to process for a simple newsfeed, isn’t it?

Wow! Thank you for sharing these insightful research based stats. It really helps.

Have a wonderful Friday and a nice weekend!

-Kumar
    Kumar Gauraw recently posted…5 Ways To Inspire Your Team Members And Keep It That WayMy Profile

Great post Lisa.

You’ve taught me a lot about Facebook today. Man, 100,000 factors. I could probably read the top 100 but I’d be sitting in front of the computer all day if I read all 100K of them.

Thanks for sharing all these tips. I do have a question (I allow myself to ask one dumb question a day, lol)…on the 6 tips by Facebook to increase our EdgeRank, the first one says shorter posts. Do they mean the introduction to the post or the post itself? I’m thinking the intro but I want to be sure because one never knows :).

I never ask to share or like on my own posts, weird huh? I think I need to show a little more love to my posts ;).

I also need to encourage discussions. The first person who comes to mind is Adrienne. She’s just awesome at encouraging a discussion….love those questions of the day!

And shame on me…I haven’t taken a look at Facebook Insights but now that I’ve read about all it can do, I’m going to start paying close attention to it for sure.

Made a lot of notes on this one Lisa, thanks for putting this together for us! Happy Friday!
    Corina Ramos recently posted…Friday Work-from-Home Job Lead Round Up For 11-15-13My Profile

• Siraj Wahid

Hey,

100,000 factors? That’s amazing. I didn’t know about the Facebook algorithm. Well, i own a Facebook page with high likes, i have noticed that some of my posts reach more audience and some just stop after reaching only few. I haven’t searched about it much. Thanks for sharing :) Looking forward to find out more factors :)