Hashtag Plugin to Increase Blog Visibility and Attract Followers
A Hashtag Plugin For Your Blog
#Hashtags are everywhere today – from Twitter to Google+ and now even Facebook. Would you like to add them to your blog posts and increase engagement and followers at the same time? A new plugin called #Hashcore now claims to do just that. I received an email from the company asking if I would review it. I thought why not? I will give it a try. You can use clickable hashtags in your content to display social media feeds on your website or blog. You will now see them here in this post and I tested it in my post on email marketing.
Why Get This New Plugin?
- Hashtags are the craze and can get your content discovered. Many people may search the social websites for words or phrases. They will search in Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.
- Hashtags may help SEO. There seems to be a debate on this subject. Most of the experts agree there is some value from hashtags for SEO. But I loved Jeff Bullas’s quote on hashtags:
“HashTags are Like Twitter SEO”
- If at the least it’s SEO for Twitter, that’s a plus in my book, yours too?
- It is FREE. It’s in beta testing and there is no charge to sign up.
- It’s easy to download and set-up. I was SO happy about that.
- Bonus – You don’t need a WordPress blog or website, if you do not have WordPress Hashcore will send you a tag to implement in your code source. They originally had a bug in the Blogger format but that has since been fixed.
3 Easy Step How You Can Get The Hashtag Plugin
- Register at their website Hashcore.com.
- Wait for the email from Hashcore with the product code. When you receive it just install the plugin or implement the code.
- Choose 1 or 2 words for the hashtag in your post and the plugin will do the rest!
What Will HashCore Look Like?
You hashtag word or phrases will be highlighted like a link and when clicked this is what will show up – You can see here I have used #InspireToThrive as my Twitter handle. I’m looking to expand my following there with this blog. The Hashcore plugin will only show the words you use the hashtag on, if you repeat the word it will not repeat the popup. The words must have the hashtag to show up like this below:
See more at their plugin website here. You can see there are not many folks yet using them as they are BRAND new. I can be a sucker for new things. Other times I like to have it tested by others. This one really fascinated me as I just love #hashtags and of course Twitter.
4 Places To Find The Best Hashtags
Hashtagify.me – I love the name of this one. Not only can you find the top hashtags to use but you will find the top influences of them. There is a free and paid version of this service.
Hashtags.org – This site organize’s the worlds hashtags and offers advice, forums, tweet chats and much more. A wealth of info can be found at their website including a dictionary. You can track your hashtags at a cost via their website – from $49 to $349 per month. I guess hashtags are important at those prices right?
Twubs – This one is great for chats and finding others in your niche. It also has info on events and TV with hastags. You can register a hashtag, get a customizable feed and get a branded page there. You may also embed a hashtag feed for your blog via Twubs. They have a great list of Twitter chats with the corresponding hashtags.
What The Trend.com – You can follow trends via country and register a hashtag there as well. You may vote for trends anonymously there.
I will follow up in a few weeks or month on the results of this plugin – will it increase engagement on this blog? Will it generate more followers on Twitter? I will give it some time to see how it does that. Remember, nothing good happens overnight. It’s like Triberr - it takes time to work it and get results. I have been assured and shown that this plugin does not take up space or speed, another bonus!
What do you think of this new plugin called Hashcore for hashtags?
Do you see value to in using it on your blog or website?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Facebook Page Posts– Who is Seeing Your Posts Now? - January 29, 2015
- 8 Things To Consider When Changing Your Name Online - January 5, 2015
- 15 Bloggers to Make You Think in 2015 and Beyond - December 18, 2014