Old Twitter Followers That Haven’t Tweeted Being Swept Away
Old Twitter Followers That Don’t Tweet
Old Twitter followers are being sweeped away. It’s Spring and the Spring cleaning continues. Why follow peeps who haven’t tweeted in weeks or months? If peeps are not active on the social network it’s time to say Goodbye!
3 Great Ways to Unfollow Old Twitter Followers
There are some great tools you can use to check who isn’t following and how long since they last tweeted. Why waste your stream with folks that are inactive and / or irrelevant to your tweets?
- Just Unfollow – Just Unfollow is quick and easy. I use the FREE version to sweep away those old Twitter followers who haven’t been active on the social network. You can of course pay for the premium version and get more tools to use.
- Commun.it - Commun.it is a great tool as it recommends which peeps to follow or unfollow. You can also see when they last tweeted and/or interacted with you on Twitter.
- Tweepi - When I did not find enough to unfollow I went to Tweepi. A great way to see who’s tweeted in the last week or month. It was amazing to see how many peeps just tweeted in minutes while I was on that site checking it out.
Old Twitter Followers – Be Careful How Many You Unfollow In A Day
Twitter has rules about how many you can follow and unfollow in a day. You must be careful not to be seen as churning spam particularly by automated means. If you are one to follow and unfollow daily you may get noticed by Twitter and could be a cause for concern. So be careful not to constantly follow and unfollow. You can also read my eBook so you don’t end up in Twitter jail – it really exists!
6 Reasons To Unfollow Old Twitter Followers
- They haven’t tweeted in weeks or months. They are considered inactive.
- They don’t tweet in your areas of interest, why continue to follow?
- They do not interact with you when you tweet or retweet them.
- They don’t have a face or icon associated with their account – why did you follow in the first place?
- No profile – What are they about? What is their purpose for being on Twitter? Bio’s should be filled out!
- They tweet constantly – filling up your stream with not so great content. Maybe they should use the Buffer app.
How often do you clean up your old Twitter followers on Twitter and do you have other reasons to unfollow peeps on Twitter?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- 5 Reasons A Blogger May Slow Down Writing Blog Articles - September 20, 2014
- InfoLinks – Can They Pay Out and Keep Readers Happy? - September 8, 2014
- 4 Quick Facts About Googlebot and What It Does To Your Blog - September 2, 2014