Would You Give Your Arm Up For Your Blog?
Do You Type So Much For Your Blog That Your Arm Aches?
Some of you may have wondered where I’ve been. (Thanks to those for asking) I’ve had to rest my achy arm from always being on the computer. Do you know what it means if you wear your arm out with high computer usage blogging? You can’t be online at all. No sharing, no blogging, maybe you could watch more TV and read a good book.
Tips to Keep Your Arm Healthy While You Blog
- Take frequent breaks. On some weekend days I’d be at for 4 hours without moving away. Always take a break every hour. Walk around, stretch, drink some water. Get a timer. Something I must do myself.
- Be sure you are ergonomically correct at your computer. The top of your monitor should be at your eye level. Elbows should be close to your body and supported. Your feet should be flat on the floor. Lower back support in your chair. Shoulders should be relaxed. Head and neck must be balanced with the rest of your torso.
- Many health conditions can contribute to getting carpel tunnel. (Something I had not known before) . Diabetes, arthritis, hypothyroidism, excessive weight and smoking all can contribute to carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Schedule time off. If you are constantly working online be sure to be schedule some time off. Take a chunk of a day off. Your body will sure appreciate it.
- Type lighter. Why bang away hard on the keys and mouse? It really won’t get the job done any faster or better.
- You could upgrade your keyboard and or mouse for ease of movements using your computer.
What Are The Symptoms To Be Aware of?
- Tingling in your fingers and/or your arm.
- Numbness in your fingers and/or your arm.
- Pain in your fingers, hand or arms.
- Symptoms may appear first at night.
Lessons Learned On Blogging Without An Arm
- Always have some posts ready in the event you can’t blog.
- Have guest bloggers you can count on when you can’t blog.
- Don’t panic – your health has to come first.
Have you had soreness or pain in your arms from high computer usage tending to your blog?
What do you do to prevent it?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- 8 Things To Consider When Changing Your Name Online - January 5, 2015
- 15 Bloggers to Make You Think in 2015 and Beyond - December 18, 2014
- Google Panda is Back at it Again – 6 Things You Need to Know! - December 8, 2014