Social Websites to Ditch in 2013 to Save Time
Social Websites to Ditch To Save You Time In The New Year
Social Websites Take Time
Social websites can take a lot of time to develop relationships. Do you feel like you must be on all the social websites that exist? They can eat up a lot of your time if you are on every one. I’ve joined most of them in the past 3 years and have seen many of these social websites change. A few that do not drive the traffic that once did to my websites or blogs. So why spend time with them if they are not productive, right?
Here is my list of which to ditch:
Stumble Upon – I used to love Stumble Upon – it brought traffic to my websites and blogs but the bounce rate was always high. And it took time to learn, to use and to be social. Then of course they made changes to it. And less traffic came to the sites. I’ve been using it maybe weekly now. Probably much less in 2013.
Digg – Another site I used to visit faithfully but when they switched and connected with Facebook I didn’t like it. I like to use each site independently for different reasons and audiences. I don’t want to share with my Facebook friends what I’d share on Digg.
NewsMeBack – Another one I liked in the beginning but many on the site were not related to my niches. I haven’t been on in months.
Gentlemint – I never got into Gentlemint as I had Pinterest and we all know how much it has grown and draws traffic.
Empire Ave – I know many people love this social site. And I like monopoly too (a lot) but it did not drive traffic and seemed more of an “ego” social site. Maybe I’m wrong, please tell me if so.
Isn’t time of the essence with your blogs and websites? You can only be at so many places in a 24 hour period. Where do you draw the line? You must create quality content, share it and form relationships. If you are on 10+ social sites you can’t do it all.
Where will you stay in 2013? You’ll still find me over on Twitter, Triberr, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Scoop.it, BlogEngage and I’d love to check out Reddit someday. Are you on Reddit?
What other social websites would you add to this list? And which would you tell me to reconsider?
Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Google Plus Social Network or SEO Advantage? - February 28, 2015
- Facebook Page Posts– Who is Seeing Your Posts Now? - January 29, 2015
- 8 Things To Consider When Changing Your Name Online - January 5, 2015
109 Responses to Social Websites to Ditch in 2013 to Save Time
- How Do Blog Comments Help Your Blog’s SEO? 200 comments
- Alexa Ranking Dropping Like A Meteorite To Earth 145 comments
- List.ly Builds Traffic To Your Blog and Goes Beyond Comments 129 comments
- What If Yours Became The Most Popular Blog Site? 126 comments
- Why Are So Many Blogging Today? 124 comments
- Social Websites to Ditch in 2013 to Save Time 109 comments
- SHOCK!!! Don’t buy Adrienne Smith’s Product! Read This First!
- 11 Great Tools that Power and Electrify The Bad Blogger
- What is Social Media – Optimisation/Advertising/Marketing?
- How to save Instagram Photos to PC and Smartphone
- How to Create an Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for Your Business
- With the increase in identity theft cases we all have to be more aware
- 7 New Social Networks You Don’t Know Yet