Follow Friday Is Back and Newly Redesigned
Follow Friday Is Like A Party On Twitter
Did you miss Follow Friday the last 2 weeks? I sure did. I tried other ways to show appreciation for my favorite peeps over on Twitter but it wasn’t the same. Follow Friday was always so easy to look up your favorite peeps and give them a special shout out. Now Follow Friday is a new and up and running. Just in time for Friday!
This made my morning (even as I feel like I have a fever) and I’m sure it will make your Friday easier over on Twitter.
Follow Friday offers these great tips too:
- Don’t recommend more than 10 users in the same day.
- Recommend only one user per tweet.
- Explain why you recommend each user, make it useful for your followers (and meaningful to the peep you are referring).
- Keep the hashtag (#FF or #followfriday) at the beginning of the tweet.
I find the last one interesting because I always used it at the end of my tweets. I’m not sure I agree with the first one either. I try to recommend many on Friday’s. The more followers you have the more you can add in a day – would you agree? I do like the #2 and #3 tip. I’ve been using Follow Friday for almost 2 years now and love the interactions it can bring about.
Here are some New Features of Follow Friday:
- You Usually Recommend – it tells you who you have recommended in the past.
- Your Recommenders – who usually recommends you – nice one!
- Favs – Peeps you have favorited along the way.
- Mentioned By You – This goes by the most mentions by you.
- Mentioned By Others – Great way to know who mentions you the most on Twitter.
- Best Friends of the Week – New feature I love. See the tweet below!
- Profile – Fill out your profile with 3 keywords.
— Lisa(@Lisapatb) December 28, 2012
There will be more features coming to this app like reports which are part of their new premium paid version (a pay per follower pricing) and ranking which now shows “we can’t generate your timeline recommendations while we are computing the ranking, please try again tomorrow.”
Update: It’s the Follow Friday Tool as pointed out on Twitter –
— Shelley Webb (@ShelleyWebbCSO) December 28, 2012
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- 5 Ways Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional - July 23, 2016
- See How Realtors Can Absolutely Benefit From Twitter - May 24, 2016
- Viral Content Buzz – Increase Your Social Shares - May 13, 2016