Have Your Facebook Likes Fallen Away Like The Fall Leaves?
Have Your Facebook Likes Fallen Away?
Have you noticed a dip in your Facebook likes recently? Did you wonder what happened? Facebook likes on Facebook pages seem to have fall away like the fall leaves this time of the year. How can we pick them up?
Can we pick up our fallen Facebook likes?
It doesn’t appear anytime soon. It’s a good thing in some ways. It helps the integrity of the Fan pages and one cannot just purchase bulk likes. I had done a post on this a while back about a company that did it and I was compensated for it by likes. Guess what? Those likes disappeared about a week ago.
Facebook wrote about this on their website but what I find a little ironic is that they still sell ads for people to purchase likes. Hmmm. Thoughts? I believe their ads give people a choice to like a page or not. It’s a suggestion only not a guaranteed sale like some of the other companies were selling. If you read the comments on Facebook’s page about this, it is interesting to see that some page administrators likes went missing too!
The Benefits of Quality Facebook Likes
- Users are truly interested in your page or brand.
- Users may purchase more from your brand.
- You are not wasting posts on uninterested parties (if your posts are getting seen now, more on this on the post I did yesterday at Logallot’s blog.)
- It could help your Edgerank on Facebook – The smaller the numbers and the better engagement and likes you’ll get on posts thus bringing up your Edgerank.
The Downside of Less Facebook Likes
- Your brand may appear small with less likes.
- Your fans may wonder why everyone ran away
- Less fans to reach and less friends of fans to reach.
How You Can Get More Facebook Likes Now
- Include your Facebook logo in emails to customers and encourage likes.
- Use other social sites to promote your Facebook page but not with every tweet or pin, (it would get annoying!, if I wanted to be on Facebook I would be there and not over on Twitter, Google+ etc).
- Purchase ads on Facebook directly.
- Include your Facebook logo on business cards, in print media, anywhere your business is have your Facebook page there too.
Did you lose any Facebook likes on your pages or notice any of big brand pages losing theirs?
Do you believe this was a good move on Facebook’s part?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Does Your Age Make Your Tweet More Absolutely Awesome? - August 28, 2015
- Is Twitter Absolutely More Boring to Non Users? - August 3, 2015
- How IFTTT AutomatedLife Can Save You Valuable Time - July 19, 2015
38 Responses to Have Your Facebook Likes Fallen Away Like The Fall Leaves?
- How Do Blog Comments Help Your Blog’s SEO? 208 comments
- Alexa Ranking Dropping Like A Meteorite To Earth 145 comments
- List.ly Builds Traffic To Your Blog and Goes Beyond Comments 129 comments