What Will Separate Your Blog or Pumpkin From Another?
What separates one blog or pumpkin from another?
The past few weeks I have been reading lots of blogs and after a while they all seemed to look alike. I had been to the market and took a picture of these pumpkins because it seemed so early to have them out and ready for sale. They all looked alike too and if I was going to purchase one would not be able to decide which one to choose. It was the same for the blogs I had visited. Which blog do I comment one? Which blog do I share?
I thought maybe by labeling the pumpkins with letters it would make a difference. What can we do to make our blogs look different?
Here are some ways you may get creative with your blog:
- Take your own pictures – Always carry your phone or camera because as you see above you may never know what will catch you eye and turn into a post. People love images and are drawn to them on posts.
- Keep an eye out on the news – Yesterday word broke about GoDaddy and Jan quickly turned it into a post – I assume his blog did not go down It may not be the most original – although Jan’s always is, but it will get comments if it’s one of the first on a news story.
Anonymous member claims to have taken down GoDaddy sites: http://t.co/1WoqetsB
— CNN Tech (@cnntech) September 10, 2012
— Jan Bierens (@JanBierens) September 11, 2012
- White Space – Please use white space – How many times have I visited a blog and everything is clumped together with no white space or images? I do not stay around long enough to read it – never mind to comment. Sometimes not even the reading glasses can help.
- An Inviting Headline – Some thing that draws others in. Others who are great at this draw people right into their blog. When they share on social media sites it draws more attention.
- Creativity – To make those pumpkins look different from one another you could get creative with cloth and markers to make them look really unique. A few years ago I had bought a New England Patriots Pumpkin. Wish I knew where that picture was now. Seems every year people are getting more creative with their pumpkins.
What do you like that separates one blog or pumpkin from another?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- See How Realtors Can Absolutely Benefit From Twitter - May 24, 2016
- Viral Content Buzz – Increase Your Social Shares - May 13, 2016
- What Happened To Your Happy Twitter Algorithmic Timeline? - May 2, 2016