World Bloggers Award Passing Of The Torch
Bloggers Award – Really?
I was surprised and honored by bloggers Sonia of Logallot and Brenda of PibblesNMe to be one of the winners of the Sisterhood of the World Blogs Award. From two awesome bloggers I read all the time and just love. But with the honor comes responsibilities:
- Recipients need to thank the giver
- Post 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
7 Random things about me you may not know are:
- I pitched a no hitter in softball. But first I had walked a bunch of batters and wanted to quit. My manager made me continue in tears – in the end I did pitch a no hitter and we won the game. I was in my early teens.
- I was a member of the Bobby Orr Fan Club – I was a huge Boston Bruins fan as a child and teenager. I remember getting monthly updates in the mail on Bobby Orr and the Fan Club Card I had. I used to save all the newspaper clippings of the games and magazines that I could find on them. I even wanted to play hockey but the equipment cost too much so my parents would not let me.
- I started working at a newspaper at age 14. Even earlier if you count delivering it. It was a weekly shopper and it still exists today. I started there typing classified ads on an old typewriter.
- I’ve always loved walking – I used to walk with my grandfather many nights after dinner and sometimes stopped at the candy store when it cost 1 cent or 5 cents for candy.
- I love full moons – they always makes me feel like we aren’t that far from it when I view the big moon.
- I’ve always loved the beauty of butterflies. Wouldn’t it be nice sometimes to just fly away? This butterfly image is one that I captured in Arizona at an exhibit of butterflies.
- My favorite flower is a peony – I think because it only blooms for a short period of time. It’s a reminder of how short life is. They also smell so nice!
Now how do I choose 7 bloggers to pass on this award to? I could list many but I’ve decided to go with some less known bloggers to my readers. These are bloggers I have recently discovered and really like. I hope you will enjoy their blogs too.
- Richly Middle Class – by Cynthia Tolbert Wilson – I found this one via Twitter, where else right? And I really enjoy their posts about many different things from work/life balance to recipes to parenthood, lifestyles and giveaways. Oh yes, I did win a Starbucks gift card there too.
- Write Right Words – by Erin Feldman - I actually came across Erin through Triberr. She has a variety of topics mostly on writing but some on other facets of life. Erin is a writing consultant and she sure can write.
- Sociable Boost by Morgan Barnhart - I’m not sure how I came across Morgan but she is truly inspiring and full of energy. I really enjoyed her videos and feel like she is definitely down to earth. She blogs about social media.
- Grow Old With Grace – by Pat. I found this blog from blogger and really enjoy her writing about this and that. Pat brings us face-to-face with aging as she relates her experiences, her memories, advice for surviving the aging process…with Grace. This is a place for humor, sharing, and learning as well as some entertaining meanderings of her thoughts.
- Kates Heart and Soul - by Kate Larson Rodgers. I recently found Kate from Twitter and loved the look of her new blog to be about the slice of a sweet life. She has another recipe blog as well. I just fell in love with the look of her blog and it felt so inviting there. She is very energetic and creative as you will see from her blogs.
- Templete Fairie – By Sarah Payne. I came across this blog and just loved the images and how she writes. She shares her rants and raves, goofy cartoons, and nothing but the highest quality blog templates on her blogger blog.
- Learn It 2 Earn It – Lynn Brown – I have been reading Lynn’s informative blog for a while. Lynn offers all kinds of tips on blogging and marketing is the “Queen” of Linked In. She is always upbeat and inspiring.
Now I’d love to know something about you that I may not know and to hear about new bloggers you may have found recently.