Yoast SEO Plug-in Really Guides You
Yoast SEO is an incredible plug-in. I just tried it out on another blog of mine before this one and it’s truly amazing. I don’t like playing around with plug-ins as you may remember but this one was worth it. Of course – do a back-up before you install any new plug-in.
It is called Yoast WordPress SEO plugin v1.1.5
If you want your meta title and descriptions to be counted down to the letter, this Yoast plug-in is for you. It will grade you every step of the way. It will provide you with:
- Number of words per page – Did you know you need AT LEAST 300 words? The Penquin and Panda want to see at least 300 words on any post or page.
- Keywords – where it needs to appear on the page. Do you know where the keywords should appear? Yoast SEO will tell you but this one is a little more difficult to follow.
- Keyword density – love this one! The best, it tells you if you go over or do not have enough. 4.5% is optimal.
- Slug for pages- too long or too short, Yoast will let you know this too.
- Images – Do they have alt tags with keywords? You may think you have them all but sometimes you will forget. Yoast will remind you.
- Page title – is it SEO friendly? Yoast SEO will give you ideas.
- Subheaading tags- Do you have them? How many do you need? Yoast will let you know!
- Outbound links – Do you have them? Do you know you need at least one per page/post? I just learned that today.
- Are the keywords part of your URL? More SEO juice for you.
- Meta Description? Can it be better? Longer or shorter? Does it contain the primary keywords/phrases? Yoast will let you know this too.
- Page Title – Is it okay or could it better?