What Inspires You To Shop Online Today?
What really inspires you to shop online today? Shopping online continues to grow each year, since 1991 when it first appeared, as many people just click away and buy online.
Forrester Research estimates that the United States online retail industry will be worth $279 billion in 2015. That is just in the United States that shop online only! More people are using their tablets and smartphones to order online as they are becoming the more popular mode to connected to the internet. That is still only 8% of all retail sales being done online. There is still a lot of room for growth to shop online.
So why do you shop online?
- The prices are lower
- The convenience
- The selections are greater
- The ease of it
- Not having to wait in line
- Love receiving packages in the mail
- Better deals
- Don’t like the traffic near stores
What is the most important factor for you when shopping online?
- Free Shipping
- Best selection
- Return policies
- Ease of finding products
- Product descriptions
- Prices even if you pay for shipping
- Brand recognition
- Emails received with specials
- Customer service
- Referred by friend
- Testimonials from others
- Seeing products made in the USA
- Large quantities of products
- Selection of payments, credit card, PayPal, etc.
- Out of stock
- Paying for return shipping
- Not being able to reach customer service
- Not receiving shipping tracking
- Slow websites
- Not being able to find what you need
- No sizing charts
- Small selection
- Few quantities left
- Not being able to use American Express or another form of payment?
- Great service
- Great products
- Happy beyond expectation on the purchase online
- Discount offered to write a testimonial
- Fast turn around and delivery
We see it all everyday with online shoppers. Those that just browse, those that put things in shopping carts and go away and those that come back another day to make that same purchase. They may have looked elsewhere for lower prices. Some call and inquire on products. A few email their questions. These questions make us get better everyday with adding more product descriptions or size charts on the sites. Out of stocks are trickier, some are in stock in the a.m. and some other store may sell them before we see the inventory update. Other customers write testimonials and reviews of their purchase. Most are from customers who have contacted us for info and love the quick response. We just love those. Of course you can’t please everyone.
So I’d love to know, what inspires you to shop online?