Do You Get Hung Up On Technical Issues?
Technical Issues That Can Get You Hung Up
Do you get hung up often on technical issues with your blog or website? Does it slow your process of generating content down to a crawl?
There are days I can write and write and breeze through it all. And then there are days I’ll glance at the live blog or website and see something missing – like the home page last week. OMG! Or I’ll look at Google Webmaster tools and say “Oh No.” Or I will receive a tweet about an issue. And I love when people tell me. I much prefer being told than not. So thank you to those who have.
— NewEnglandMultimedia (@NEMultimedia) May 8, 2012
@lisapatb OMG… Still with blank homepage dear? :-O
— Mayura De Silva (@MayuraDeSilva) May 7, 2012
More Technical Issues
The past week has had many challenges. Both here and on the retail site.
- Broken Links Galore – I felt lost in the land of url’s. These take time to fix but they are so important to do so.
- Displays not showing full pages – a mystery at first glance.
- Plug-ins not working – One that took down my homepage and then I could not use the redirect plug-in to fit the broken links – talk about a double whammy!
- Share Buttons – I do love the new side share buttons, they work so much better than others I have tried but I want to be sure you can still read the posts – if not please do let me know.
- Rankings Tanking – Some days the rankings tank and other days they fly up (Maybe we shouldn’t analyze so often). Google loves to keep us on our toes!
So how do you deal with your technical issues if you are not a tech whizz? Do you get frustrated? Or can you take a deep breath, walk away and come back nice and calm to your computer and work it out? I go between the two but as the week went on I got more calm. I realized every day there will be some issues – it’s part of the work on websites. And thankfully I love learning so each day brings something new to learn. I’m also thankful for wonderful people like Michelle and Mayura who look out for me and let me know.
How do you face your technical issues?
If you have a great way to fix broken links leave a comment too. Love to learn more ways along the way.
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 5+ years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- How To Make Fun Twitter GIFS To Make You More Tweetable - August 24, 2016
- How To Spotlight Photos With Awesome Twitter Stickers - August 2, 2016
- 5 Ways Facebook Pages Will Make You Look Professional - July 23, 2016