Getting By With The Help Of My Twitter Friends
Twitter Friends To The Rescue
The past few days part of my feed was down. It was just driving me nuts. I had emailed feedburner about it but you know how long that probably will take to receive an answer? So I received a comment on my blog yesterday that confirmed a suspicion about plug-in issues I was having since the 3.2.2 upgrade.
To the rescue came my Twitter friends! Have I not mentioned before how I love Twitter? It’s just the place to be to meet people with the same interests and goals as yourself. It’s a quick and easy way to have conversations, fix problems, share and have some fun along the way.
@lisapatb I set up a new account on feedburner, attached to a new gmail account, that’s set up to forward anything to my ‘original’ cont
— Jan Bierens (@JanBierens) April 26, 2012
and from there it went to here with other Twitter friends to the rescue:
— Bren(@PibblesNMe) April 26, 2012
And after many more discussions and an hour of time, BINGO – the issue was found!
@lisapatb Click on Feed Title > Publicize > Password Protector. Is it active? If it’s active, it might be the problem.
— Mayura De Silva (@MayuraDeSilva) April 27, 2012
You can subscribe to my feed anyway you like.
So what were all the issues that you can learn from my mistakes?
- Before you update a new upgrade on WordPress – Back up everything with the export button (you should do this all the time) It’s easy
- Before you update that new upgrade – de-activate your plug-ins and -re-activate after the upgrade
- Test everything after the upgrade – some plug-ins may not work and you may need different ones
- Different themes will work differently with the upgrades – not all themes are made the same
- Feedburner – make sure your publicize button is turned on – something so simple but yet makes a big difference
- Keep a copy handy of your feedburner URL and name so you don’t have to keep going back and forth (like I had)
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 4 years experience blogging, social media and SEO. Get her new eBook Tweeting Like It's 2nd Nature Today!
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- How to get Sponsored on Twitter with Izea formerly Sponsored Tweets - October 16, 2014
- 6 Ways to Become A Pinterest Marketing Whiz - October 6, 2014
- 5 Reasons A Blogger May Slow Down Writing Blog Articles - September 20, 2014