What Do Blogs and Housework Have In Common?
Blogs and Housework – The Work Is Never Done
Blogs and housework – do they go together? Do you ever find yourself so busy with your blog you have no time for housework? Or so busy with your housework you have no time for your blog? I took some much needed time yesterday to dust. And I thought now I know why I prefer to blog – both are never done but with the blog you get feedback and it looks good once you are happy with it. The dust will return next week and again and again. And does anyone walk in and say “Wow, the house is well dusted?” Blogs and house, a real lot in common!
Blogs and Housework – Always something to do!
Of course a blog is a lot like housework in that there is always something to do. Today I’ve been playing with my sidebar. I had been thinking about it but was motivated by a post on Ms. Ileane’s blog. I just had to clean it up. I moved things around, eliminated some things on the sidebar, thought about it some more and it is still a work in progress. This blog will not have time to get dusty. I am still looking over the older blogger and seeing what’s missing here. (If you see something you miss drop me a note or a tweet.) Blogs and housework – both need dusting off.
A blogger’s work is never done:
- Research – Time to learn about your next topic or ways to make your blog better
- Think / Plan
- Create graphics – Especially now with the Pinterest Craze.
- Double check – Always a typo to be found.
- Share and share – How many social networks are you sharing your content one? I can think of at least 10.
- Check stats - Analyze for the next post
- Check affiliate programs – Anything popping yet? How many ads are too many?
- Comment on other blogs – If they are relevant and you can add something to them.
And then there is the housework:
- Dusting – Always there and never ending.
- Vacuuming – Ditto.
- Laundry – Always never ending unless you live in a nudist camp.
- Cooking – Why do we always have to eat? I dream of a food pill.
- Dishes – Another never ending job.
- Inventory control and shopping – Ditto.
- Yardwork – You may get a break in the winter months.
- Paying bills – Always never ending too.
- Childcare or pet care – They may come and go but still a major responsibility.
So what would you choose: blogging or housework?
She has 20+ years experience in marketing/advertising with 3 years experience blogging, social media and SEO.
Latest posts by Lisa (see all)
- Many Twitter Followers Can Spread Your Tweets Further Into Twitterland - December 5, 2013
- The 13 Most Memorable Blog Posts of 2013 - December 3, 2013
- When Are Deals a Real Deal During the Holiday Rush Season? - November 29, 2013