Panda is Back – Is Your Blog Ready?
Panda Updates For Your Blog To Know:
Panda Updates – What do these 40* updates all mean for you? I’ll pick the most important updates for you to know.
- Links – Link evaluations that were used for years are no longer going to be used. They do not give away too much info on this one but it makes me believe the old link exchanges used in SEO may no longer be as necessary.
- Local Search Rankings – Google is using a new system to find better results from a user in a more reliable way. If you are a local business take advantage of this and be sure your Google’s Places Pages is claimed.
- More Coverage for Searches – A new data source is being used to refine what you are searching for and giving you more results and choices. This good lead to more traffic for your site if your keywords are on target.
- More Accurate Detection of Official Page – Pages that were misleading will no longer be seen in search (that’s a great thing!)
- Fresher Images – Google adjusted their signals for fresher images – so your newer images will show in search. Another great reason to use images besides pinning.
- Freshness Update- Google has added new signals to to update fresh content in the searches more quickly than before. Now more than ever it’s important to update your sites and blogs with quality freshness.
- Safe Search Update – Irrelevant adult content is less likely to show up for many searches. Good to know! Remember the days when white house turned up those porn sites? Those days are gone by the Panda wayside.
Have you noticed changes in your searches or your blog traffic due to the Panda’s latest work?
*You may read more here on the 40 changes via the Google Panda.