Holiday Blogging, is it for you? Will you be blogging through the holidays this year? Many people take time away and go to visit with family and friends. Others spend time at home. Those at home will have more time to read and do things at a leisurely pace.
Benefits of Holiday Blogging
- Less competition for eyeballs.
- You may have more time to blog away. You may make less errors and produce higher quality content.
- Holidays can offer you more to blog about – giving you new topics to blog about.
- You post may get seen more and rank higher in search with less people posting to their blogs.
- Some holidays may be more beneficial to blogging than others. It depends on the time of year. I would have said summer not beneficial but with mobile increasing readership that theory may no longer apply. People are reading on their mobile smartphones more than ever before. Another reason to be sure your blog is mobile ready. I have recently visited some blogs via my mobile and found I could not comment via mobile. Check your blogs on your smartphone today and see how they are to interact with.
The Drawbacks of Holiday Blogging
- Less viewership – not as many people online reading blogs during the holidays. They are too busy doing other activities with family and friends.
- You may not have anytime to spare and rush your blogging post and make errors.
- Burnout – you may burn yourself out by blogging through the holidays. Everyone can use a break.
- You may not get as many comments and your blog may not seem to active.
Ironic how some of the benefits and drawbacks of holiday blogging can be smiliar. Can you think of more benefits or negatives for blogging during the holidays?
If I don’t blog during the next few days have a happy holiday!
Post Updated 5/24/13