5 Reasons to Use Blogger
I choose to go with Blogger for starting this new blog for 5 different reasons. I had to really think about it. There are many choices out there today for blog formats. You can get really fancy with some themes in WordPress, or use Moveable Type, Posteruous and Tumbler to name a few of the blogging platforms.
The 5 Reaason for Using Blogger
1) It is FREE!* Not that FREE is always good but to start out and get familiar with blogging I thought this would be the blogging format to start out with.
2) It has a wonderful community. People are social in this community and love to read and comment on blogs of similar interests. Between Blogger reader and their comment system you can met other new bloggers.
3) It’s Google. Who is smarter than Google? And Google ensures their sitespeed is fast. Who wants to get to your blog and wait for it to load anymore?
4) Ad Revenue. You can use AdSense by Google in Blogger. You cannot do that in WordPress.com (You can in WordPress.org but it will cost you money). I’ve been in the ad business all my life and can’t imagine not finding a revenue generating source for content.
5) Support. Google helps and forums are there for you to use at no charge and answers usually come quickly. Who doesn’t get stuck on technical issues? We know they will always come up. (Just don’t try to call Google, you may wait for days).
*Blogger and WordPress.com are both FREE but I do recommend you get your own URL – domain name which does cost money. WordPress.org does cost money to host and sign up but does offer plug-ins and options. (That may be my next experiment).